MyAnimeList

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
3.1 / 5

MyAnimeList has a consumer rating of 3.33 stars from 21 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. MyAnimeList ranks 13th among Anime sites.

How would you rate MyAnimeList?

“It's the IMDb for anime and manga but...”

Chiaki K.
1/11/21

The moderating work is really slow. I don't know if that is because of being understaffed or too much work pressure, but both anime and manga moderation is extremely slow. Like you submit for a new manga and it will take months to get it approved by the moderators. The anime Database is dope but the manga database is not. And it has shortcomings when it comes to manhwa and manhua. Another complaint I have against the anime database is that it includes too much hentai. But there are very good clubs and challenges to participate in. Which is very much fun.

“Biased”

Seth S.
3/14/17

This site is CANCER. Rapid Fanboys will flag your reviews.I had my reviews taken down many times. I had been banned for over 9 months now. It is funny how ironic it is. Weeaboo's are biased and don't accept different opinions that people have. Yet they hate on cartoons,movies,etc..Allowed to say whatever they want.It shows how much of a degenerate they actually are.Myanimelist is not a democracy,but a communistic system. My username is AncientSeth.

arum3
August 11th, 2017

The harsh review of this website on Sitejabber is proof that people only come here to leave negative reviews. This site is in the top 300 globally for a reason. Friendly and prompt administration. Ability to use CSS to customize your anime and manga lists. Heavy ability to customize profile. Great discussions in forums about anime and manga. People are generally friendly, but choose your groups wisely. Apart from that, you can join clubs, newsletters, and follow updates of your favorite series or to be series, then discuss them at any time. Would highly recommend.

chiakik2
January 11th, 2021

rapha
March 28th, 2021

MAL is not perfect by any means, but so far has succeeded in keeping me around using their features to keep track of Anime I had watched. There are still issues with some unruly members at times, but not as frequent as other sites I had tried, and staff seems to be more serious in taking care of problems within the site or otherwise. Some downsides which are nitpicks of mine are that there are Anime series not listed and you would have to create an entry yourself, which is harder than it sounds, and that you have a number of character favorites you can list before the site asks you to donate if you wish to add more. Other than this the site offers features like clubs you may join depending on your tastes in Anime and even create some of your own, which is pretty nice in my opinion. The only site I can trust on this interest of mine overall.

jordanr162
July 25th, 2020

So I can create a watch list on crunchyroll, but not all titles are on there. I've been using MyAnimeList for over a decade to keep track of stuff to watch since I don't need to worry about only being able to add specific titles to the list. I highly recommend this to others when they think about getting into anime. I like to see the score and how popular something is with other users. Sometimes these help me decide is something is worth looking into or not, especially if I'm on the fence. I know that I don't use the site to its full extent but it does what I need it for and, overall, I'm content with that.

hiromichim
March 14th, 2022

MyAnimeList is one of the most popular and well known anime information-related websites in the vast seas of the internet. You can accomplish many things on their website, like keep track of what anime or manga you have seen/read, what you are currently watching or reading, what you want to watch or read, find information on various anime and manga, stay up to date with current anime, manga and other Japanese pop culture news and tidbits, chat with other like minded fans and join or create fan groups. I have been a member for around 5 years now. Don't really use their service anymore, since I prefer another similar service, but that is not to say that they aren't good and reliable. Just a personal preference. Go ahead and give their website a quick test drive, if you are looking for a good place for all your anime and manga-related information and needs.

ericm438
April 1st, 2019

I don't understand all the fuzz, I got nothing but good experiences with MyAnimeList, shipping is fast. Would order again, recommended.

corbynh
September 15th, 2019

Good site ive used a few times :) no complaints on my end. Site could load a bit quicker on mobile devices but thats often the case. 4/5 from me

ameliah3
October 21st, 2013

This site is exactly as it says: a massive list of anime.
However, it's more like a Wiki.
It contains a page and a summary for just about every anime in existence.

It lists the average amount of stars the anime has gotten (community rated, anyone can write a review), it gives it a rank, and it provides other useful information, such as alternate titles and genre. All these give you a really good idea of how good an anime is and if it's worth your while.

Also, when you create an account, you can keep track of all the anime you've been watching and reading. It has a forum to discuss anime, and you can create groups for a nice little community.

It also does all this with manga as well.

So if you're in to anime and/or manga, you'll probably find this site useful.

alexisa72
February 2nd, 2019

Its easy to find anime on their website that I like. The recommendations of the community on the website are always good.

seths37
Seth S.
March 14th, 2017

martinh190
November 2nd, 2018

I like this website because its easy to find similar anime to the ones that I already like. The recommendations of the community are always on point. Its also good for seeing what kind of anime is coming out and what is popular.

nathanl47
September 27th, 2017

There's been no moderating going on when reports have gone in. Out of every trolling recommendation or reporting of a forum thread that has harassing users, I've only ever received feedback for ONE being taken down. Most persecution has been tolerated and kept on, and even the site moderators appear to be biased on what reports to listen to.

As a site that's supposed to be for keeping track of anime, it's fantastic.

As a site for open discussion and socializing, it's beyond biased in what is considered "appropriate behavior"; oftentimes allowing trolls to treat fans of anime that became fun to hate like they're less than garbage while the fans of said anime are reported for expressing distaste, being treated as "violating rules", and dealt with for even the slightest slip-up in choice of words.

chrisp188
March 25th, 2017

I use this site to keep track of the animes I watched, and want to watch. Also to look up an anime by genre/themes. If you're using it for basic purposes like that, it's a great site. I do not get involved with the community though (forum discussions, reviews, etc.). So I can't comment on that aspect of the site.

alexadrab
December 11th, 2017

Let me start by saying, Yes the community is really bad but not as cancerous as some may say. Its extremely biased with its forums and tastes in Anime. If you find people with same Anime Taste you should be fine. The meat of the site is just to keep track of anime and manga you have watched/read nothing more. It have wide selection of anime its easy to find what you are looking for. The Review of animes and mangas are also on site. Lay out is fine and perk for people willing to pay money to get certain options. You can also watch certain anime there as well. It's an good site just stay away from forums.

akemim
November 4th, 2009

I've been at this website since 2007, and I've only encountered ONE Scammer. But the Staff was quick to remove him. All and all the site is very safe, very helpful, and VERY fun.

josv13
January 28th, 2021

The interface is bearable, but the page has an amount of advertising that for me is not very pleasant.

lokit1
December 8th, 2020

I enjoy the way the website is laid out but, it is pretty average. I don't like the way some people flag reviews.

piotrp8
February 10th, 2017

After reaching support I've received such information:
"If you have a problem with the club, consult the admins/creator. This isn't anything we need to step in for.
Ardanaz
Forum Moderator"

Any content violation are allowed.

davidb1649
David B.
July 31st, 2018

*THE NAME I USED WAS RANDOMLY GENERATED SINCE I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MY REAL NAME TO A WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

This review is going off a website issue that brought the entire site down a while ago (at the time of me typing this up).

Let me honestly say I did use this site for a while until the issue that brought the site down. I switched to AniList (which you should do) and attempted to get my account deleted, except you have the worst support team ever to deal with. They get back to within a month or more, and give you the most useless responses ever (they ask for information I had already given).

Tip for consumers:
Just don't. Use AniList, it's better.

walicer
April 22nd, 2014

I'm honestly sick of the site. Especially due to the reviews and how they are managed because there are reviews that have been up for over a year that say nothing but spam, but other serious reviewers are getting their comments taken down. It's sickening. I've personally been a victim of this because I got my reviews taken down for "dropping it before the half way point" when I completed the series. Why they suddenly decide to enforce these rules now, I don't know. Other than reviews, the site is just a list.

Questions? Get answers from the MyAnimeList staff and other customers.

Welcome to MyAnimeList, the world's most active online anime and manga community and database. Join the online community, create your anime and manga list, read reviews, explore the forums, follow news, and so much more!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MyAnimeList?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.3
Have a question about MyAnimeList?