Review of MyAnimeList

MyAnimeList reviews

ericm438
4/1/19

I don't understand all the fuzz, I got nothing but good experiences with MyAnimeList, shipping is fast. Would order again, recommended.

alexisa72
2/2/19

Its easy to find anime on their website that I like. The recommendations of the community on the website are always good.

martinh190
11/2/18

I like this website because its easy to find similar anime to the ones that I already like. The recommendations of the community are always on point. Its also good for seeing what kind of anime is coming out and what is popular.

davidb1649
David B.
7/31/18

*THE NAME I USED WAS RANDOMLY GENERATED SINCE I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MY REAL NAME TO A WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

This review is going off a website issue that brought the entire site down a while ago (at the time of me typing this up).

Let me honestly say I did use this site for a while until the issue that brought the site down. I switched to AniList (which you should do) and attempted to get my account deleted, except you have the worst support team ever to deal with. They get back to within a month or more, and give you the most useless responses ever (they ask for information I had already given).

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Use AniList, it's better.

alexadrab
12/11/17

Let me start by saying, Yes the community is really bad but not as cancerous as some may say. Its extremely biased with its forums and tastes in Anime. If you find people with same Anime Taste you should be fine. The meat of the site is just to keep track of anime and manga you have watched/read nothing more. It have wide selection of anime its easy to find what you are looking for. The Review of animes and mangas are also on site. Lay out is fine and perk for people willing to pay money to get certain options. You can also watch certain anime there as well. It's an good site just stay away from forums.

nathanl47
9/27/17

There's been no moderating going on when reports have gone in. Out of every trolling recommendation or reporting of a forum thread that has harassing users, I've only ever received feedback for ONE being taken down. Most persecution has been tolerated and kept on, and even the site moderators appear to be biased on what reports to listen to.

As a site that's supposed to be for keeping track of anime, it's fantastic.

As a site for open discussion and socializing, it's beyond biased in what is considered "appropriate behavior"; oftentimes allowing trolls to treat fans of anime that became fun to hate like they're less than garbage while the fans of said anime are reported for expressing distaste, being treated as "violating rules", and dealt with for even the slightest slip-up in choice of words.

arum3
8/11/17

The harsh review of this website on Sitejabber is proof that people only come here to leave negative reviews. This site is in the top 300 globally for a reason. Friendly and prompt administration. Ability to use CSS to customize your anime and manga lists. Heavy ability to customize profile. Great discussions in forums about anime and manga. People are generally friendly, but choose your groups wisely. Apart from that, you can join clubs, newsletters, and follow updates of your favorite series or to be series, then discuss them at any time. Would highly recommend.

chrisp188
3/25/17

I use this site to keep track of the animes I watched, and want to watch. Also to look up an anime by genre/themes. If you're using it for basic purposes like that, it's a great site. I do not get involved with the community though (forum discussions, reviews, etc.). So I can't comment on that aspect of the site.

seths37
Seth S.
3/14/17

This site is CANCER. Rapid Fanboys will flag your reviews.I had my reviews taken down many times. I had been banned for over 9 months now. It is funny how ironic it is. Weeaboo's are biased and don't accept different opinions that people have. Yet they hate on cartoons,movies,etc..Allowed to say whatever they want.It shows how much of a degenerate they actually are.Myanimelist is not a democracy,but a communistic system. My username is AncientSeth.

piotrp8
2/10/17

After reaching support I've received such information:
"If you have a problem with the club, consult the admins/creator. This isn't anything we need to step in for.
Ardanaz
Forum Moderator"

Any content violation are allowed.

walicer
4/22/14

I'm honestly sick of the site. Especially due to the reviews and how they are managed because there are reviews that have been up for over a year that say nothing but spam, but other serious reviewers are getting their comments taken down. It's sickening. I've personally been a victim of this because I got my reviews taken down for "dropping it before the half way point" when I completed the series. Why they suddenly decide to enforce these rules now, I don't know. Other than reviews, the site is just a list.

ameliah3
10/21/13

This site is exactly as it says: a massive list of anime.
However, it's more like a Wiki.
It contains a page and a summary for just about every anime in existence.

It lists the average amount of stars the anime has gotten (community rated, anyone can write a review), it gives it a rank, and it provides other useful information, such as alternate titles and genre. All these give you a really good idea of how good an anime is and if it's worth your while.

Also, when you create an account, you can keep track of all the anime you've been watching and reading. It has a forum to discuss anime, and you can create groups for a nice little community.

It also does all this with manga as well.

So if you're in to anime and/or manga, you'll probably find this site useful.

akemim
11/4/09

I've been at this website since 2007, and I've only encountered ONE Scammer. But the Staff was quick to remove him. All and all the site is very safe, very helpful, and VERY fun.

Questions? Get answers from the MyAnimeList staff and other customers.

MyAnimeList?