Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk reviews

rodrigok4
12/7/18
multiple layers of annoying, bizarre, stupid things you have to do to contact another musician and then you find out you have to pay. Has someone done this to annoy people on purpose? Really $#*! site. I feel like taking the creator to one side and sticking ants up their nose for hours. 0 out of 5
janosh
12/4/18
Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!
Fully confirming the other 1-star reviews (all 47 of them as I write this - let me highlight that there are only 1-star reviews for this website). The person(s) behind the website clearly need medical help - preferably a psychiatrist. Please. So they disabled my account and banned me from their website (lol!) simply because I gave bad feedback about their website, how complicated their website was (which it still is). They even threatened me to take legal measures against me if I tried to re-register. That's pretty immature, really. Not that I wanted to get back on that jungle ever again :) Thanks for the true "wtf" moments, guys.
rachelf88
8/25/18
Stay away! Nothing comes out of joining except loss of money and time. There's a bizarre, controlling creator/administrator of the website! Honest! If someone has connected to a musician here and/or has had good results please review!
gregt102
5/30/18
I was only looking for likeminded musicians, not trying to gain entry into the f&*king Pentagon!
Designed by an anal jobsworth, stay well clear!
harryd40
4/12/18
Basically the site does not work however much you try to use it. Steer clear of it.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
tomc210
1/29/18
I set up an account that was almost immediately deactivated because I'd fallen foul of some incomprehensible rules regarding subject matter. I like to think I have a pretty good command of the English language and am of reasonable intelligence, but I'm at a loss to understand what the hell this site is on about. I mean what's this supposed to mean?

"Musicians' entries may not be used to introduce you own band (complete or not) and/or to search for musicians to complete your own band. Only so-called band entries may be used for this purpose.
Musicians' entries are meant for personal use only
Band entries are meant for band use only

You know what? I don't give a $#*! that they've deactivated me. I'm sorry, I just don't get this site.
an34863
11/15/17
Absolutely ridiculous website that makes no sense at all. The credibility is lost when you find that they are deliberately trying to NAIL you! No disclosure re their Official Bla bla and the PBL???? What the hell is that? Truly taking the audience for fools...
I have so far received 15 emails telling me that musos are keen to talk... i d'ont even know if this true anymore ....Any other directories i can use?
johnl511
8/21/17
Practically every week I got a message from this website to alert me to musicians wanting to make contact. Mostly they were miles away and of no use, or played the wrong instruments. One wonderful day, a keyboard player, that I was looking for, occurred only 8 miles away so I tried to contact them without success. I thought it was because I was failing to understand navigating the site, but it eventually dawned on me that my subscription must have lapsed, although still getting E'mails of contacts. If you see this MIYC.co.uk, perhaps you can contact me!!!!
spikec2
7/13/17
has to be the most over engineered website I've had the misfortune to use. "someone wantsto meet you", click link NO NO NO, not in a band, can't see... I think the person behind the site needs to chill out and have a rethink, it could be so good. Join my band however, awesome.
theq
3/28/17
HAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAP HAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAP
martynr4
11/4/16
Rubbish clumsy site. Appears to have so many members but impossible to contact any of them. Will stick with Bandmix.
joew98
10/18/16
Very frustrating; this site keeps adding to it's rules and some of the software doesn't seem to work/keep up with the changes. The organizers/designers are really controlling. Also find the fees rather a lot if you don't use it so often - I had to pay another thirty pounds every time i wanted to make contact with other musicians.

I can understand they want to attract serious musicians, and may be "weed out" the more casual/amateurs. So if you're looking just to enjoy, experiment or feel your way into collaborative music, and don't have a 'business plan', this might not be for you. (I haven't found a site that suits me though . . . ). If you have money and patience, it might be worth battling your way through all the rules - I did find a musical friend and it's been good.
wendyc63
9/5/16
Received an email from a musician with his name shown, but no message content shown. Why is this so?
Wendy
ale7034
8/31/16
(this concerns the French version of the site - musiciens-dans-ta-ville.com - apparently they have threatened serious legal action against anyone trying to defame it in France - now why would they need to do that?) Getting bored with musicians who "would like to contact me" but - as neither of us were paying members - it was impossible to get in touch, I stupidly paid for a year's membership at 59 Euro.

I tried to contact one person (who has previously expressed interest) - when there was no reply after a week, I opted to cancel my membership.

They refunded FIVE Euro, referring me to a ripoff scale of charges to be deducted for "services used", including 20 Euro per pass contact (my 59 Euro annual subscription included 30 of these!),

An absolute ripoff.

Right now I have asked if I can pay them back the 5 Euro to restore my annual membership (it isn't worth a lot more than that though). Watch this space.

Tip for consumers: Steer well clear

marka164
5/15/16
The site is an absolute nightmare of conditions, regulations and control.. The most unhelpful and useless website I have ever used.. The owners need to kill it quickly... unbelievably bad...
brianw109
5/9/16
I had to complete my account to then be able to delete it, the following phrase was deemed illegal

I moved from lead guitar to bass in 2014, to help a band get started, now I am the bass ha ha

i mean illegal and deemd to have broken site rules

I never got to the point of being asked for money its that stupid to use i could not get that far.

i suspect its a scam

Regards Brian
danr64
2/24/16
If you only take one thing from this review - use Gumtree instead.

Musicians-in-your-city has a huge amount of baffling rules. Maybe part of their autocratic approach is due being lost in translation from their native german, but it's a rough user experience.

Say you're looking for a drummer - you have to fill in the comments field with 'something meaningful and interesting - min 50 characters' but you're not allowed to say 'what you are looking for' nor 'anything about your band'.

All quite odd, and there's no help at all in completing.

If they deem your entry against their rules - your account is frozen for 12 hours, whilst 'contacting support is forbidden during this time'.
You then make the amend, and have to wait another 12 hours for them to approve, again 'contacting support is forbidden..'

Totally bizarre they feel the need to run the site in this way. Much nicer would be to tell people they've got it wrong, give them guidance on what is needed to change and a chance to change it before freezing them out.

It probably explains why so few people are on this site, and why engaging with them is so stilted and difficult.

Nice idea, appalling execution and waste of money.
marcf22
1/7/16
Truly awful web site that only succeeds in giving you a bad headache. Navigation is complex, functionality very limited, rules complicated and support non-existent. Do yourself a favour and sandpaper your eyeballs instead of going anywhere near this site.
davidb401
1/4/16
I signed up and paid a subscription. I wanted to find a keyboard player. a keyboard player responded. Thats where the story ended. Despite spending hours trying to find out how to make contact through the site contact was denied. I even got other band members to register on instruction. Until I read the reviews I blamed myself being convinced that I was doing something wrong in navigating the site. I even got a threat that if I sent a written query that could have been dealt with by FAQS that I would be penalised
mikeh161
7/6/15
OMG this site is a total pain in the axxe.

DO NOT REGISTER. they have more security hoops to jump through than accessing the CIA's database.

You can't get past the the verify your landline number which they inform you you have entered but you haven't! Therefore you cant access the support form mail and therefore you get endless spammed email by them because you cant tell them to turn them off or delete the account.

Its like dealing with the Gestapo.

AVOID.
uberc
5/14/15
Far too complicated and frankly terrible website which is very likely to be a scam. They should just give up in this business. Clearly made by people who are not musicians and don't understand that meeting with people should be simple. Just tried to go through these tedious nerdy bs processes. They should actually give us money for the time wasted.
neila14
5/12/15
Is there an equivalent of the Razzies for unusable websites? This would win awards.
I can only assume that MIYC has been designed by music haters to try to stop bands from forming. It manages to combine unattractive design, poor instructions and difficulty of use with messages that border on outright hostile and features hidden behind a paywall. In case anyone reading this is a drummer in the Bristol area, drop me a line. It should be a quicker way of finding a musician than MIYC. Stay away.
them22
2/24/15
Shockingly difficult to use, a conple waste of money.
trevord5
5/12/14
Extremely difficult to use, I tried to get reimbursed and because of this my account has been deactivated, it appears therefore I have lost money. Would never recommend this site. DO NOT USE
joes425
5/4/14
Awful site that just gives you the run around. It censors what you say so makes it difficult to write about yourself. It not only wants your mobile but also your landline number...why? I go on Joinmyband and Partysounds now to look for Musicians. Avoid Musicians-in-the-city.

Questions? Get answers from the Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk staff and other customers.

Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk?