Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk

Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 50 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk also ranks 30th among Bands sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Only so-called band entries may be used for this purpose.
How would you rate Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk?

“This is the worst music company”

Roger M.
3/14/20

This is the worst music company which I ever encountered with! Ridiculously, as a person who check the home page you won't be able to even find a contact us form or page in any how. I paid £109 for a year subscription and a few minutes after,I change my mind and asked for the refund.not even a single email while I sent them 3 message via pay-pal(the method that i paid by) .so now I have to follow up this issue via pay pal. After all the website has very unprofessional and hassle maker design. Please don't waste your penny on it.

band entries (2)
rogerm663
March 14th, 2020
This is the worst music company which I ever encountered with!
After all the website has very unprofessional and hassle maker design.
Please don't waste your penny on it.
an34863
November 15th, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous website that makes no sense at all. The credibility is lost when you find that they are deliberately trying to NAIL you! No disclosure re their Official Bla bla and the PBL???? What the hell is that? Truly taking the audience for fools...
I have so far received 15 emails telling me that musos are keen to talk... i d'ont even know if this true anymore ....Any other directories i can use?
rodrigok4
December 7th, 2018
multiple layers of annoying, bizarre, stupid things you have to do to contact another musician and then you find out you have to pay. Has someone done this to annoy people on purpose? Really $#*! site. I feel like taking the creator to one side and sticking ants up their nose for hours. 0 out of 5
janosh
December 4th, 2018
Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!
Fully confirming the other 1-star reviews (all 47 of them as I write this - let me highlight that there are only 1-star reviews for this website). The person(s) behind the website clearly need medical help - preferably a psychiatrist. Please. So they disabled my account and banned me from their website (lol!) simply because I gave bad feedback about their website, how complicated their website was (which it still is). They even threatened me to take legal measures against me if I tried to re-register. That's pretty immature, really. Not that I wanted to get back on that jungle ever again :) Thanks for the true "wtf" moments, guys.
rachelf88
August 25th, 2018
Stay away! Nothing comes out of joining except loss of money and time. There's a bizarre, controlling creator/administrator of the website! Honest! If someone has connected to a musician here and/or has had good results please review!
johnl511
August 21st, 2017
Practically every week I got a message from this website to alert me to musicians wanting to make contact. Mostly they were miles away and of no use, or played the wrong instruments. One wonderful day, a keyboard player, that I was looking for, occurred only 8 miles away so I tried to contact them without success. I thought it was because I was failing to understand navigating the site, but it eventually dawned on me that my subscription must have lapsed, although still getting E'mails of contacts. If you see this MIYC.co.uk, perhaps you can contact me!!!!
tomc210
January 29th, 2018
I set up an account that was almost immediately deactivated because I'd fallen foul of some incomprehensible rules regarding subject matter. I like to think I have a pretty good command of the English language and am of reasonable intelligence, but I'm at a loss to understand what the hell this site is on about. I mean what's this supposed to mean?

"Musicians' entries may not be used to introduce you own band (complete or not) and/or to search for musicians to complete your own band. Only so-called band entries may be used for this purpose.
Musicians' entries are meant for personal use only
Band entries are meant for band use only

You know what? I don't give a $#*! that they've deactivated me. I'm sorry, I just don't get this site.
harryd40
April 12th, 2018
Basically the site does not work however much you try to use it. Steer clear of it.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
marcf22
January 7th, 2016
Truly awful web site that only succeeds in giving you a bad headache. Navigation is complex, functionality very limited, rules complicated and support non-existent. Do yourself a favour and sandpaper your eyeballs instead of going anywhere near this site.
marka164
May 15th, 2016
The site is an absolute nightmare of conditions, regulations and control.. The most unhelpful and useless website I have ever used.. The owners need to kill it quickly... unbelievably bad...
brianw109
May 9th, 2016
I had to complete my account to then be able to delete it, the following phrase was deemed illegal

I moved from lead guitar to bass in 2014, to help a band get started, now I am the bass ha ha

i mean illegal and deemd to have broken site rules

I never got to the point of being asked for money its that stupid to use i could not get that far.

i suspect its a scam

Regards Brian
spikec2
July 13th, 2017
has to be the most over engineered website I've had the misfortune to use. "someone wantsto meet you", click link NO NO NO, not in a band, can't see... I think the person behind the site needs to chill out and have a rethink, it could be so good. Join my band however, awesome.
davidb401
January 4th, 2016
I signed up and paid a subscription. I wanted to find a keyboard player. a keyboard player responded. Thats where the story ended. Despite spending hours trying to find out how to make contact through the site contact was denied. I even got other band members to register on instruction. Until I read the reviews I blamed myself being convinced that I was doing something wrong in navigating the site. I even got a threat that if I sent a written query that could have been dealt with by FAQS that I would be penalised
gregt102
May 30th, 2018
I was only looking for likeminded musicians, not trying to gain entry into the f&*king Pentagon!
Designed by an anal jobsworth, stay well clear!
martynr4
November 4th, 2016
Rubbish clumsy site. Appears to have so many members but impossible to contact any of them. Will stick with Bandmix.
ale7034
August 31st, 2016
(this concerns the French version of the site - musiciens-dans-ta-ville.com - apparently they have threatened serious legal action against anyone trying to defame it in France - now why would they need to do that?) Getting bored with musicians who "would like to contact me" but - as neither of us were paying members - it was impossible to get in touch, I stupidly paid for a year's membership at 59 Euro.

I tried to contact one person (who has previously expressed interest) - when there was no reply after a week, I opted to cancel my membership.

They refunded FIVE Euro, referring me to a ripoff scale of charges to be deducted for "services used", including 20 Euro per pass contact (my 59 Euro annual subscription included 30 of these!),

An absolute ripoff.

Right now I have asked if I can pay them back the 5 Euro to restore my annual membership (it isn't worth a lot more than that though). Watch this space.

Tip for consumers: Steer well clear

joew98
October 18th, 2016
Very frustrating; this site keeps adding to it's rules and some of the software doesn't seem to work/keep up with the changes. The organizers/designers are really controlling. Also find the fees rather a lot if you don't use it so often - I had to pay another thirty pounds every time i wanted to make contact with other musicians.

I can understand they want to attract serious musicians, and may be "weed out" the more casual/amateurs. So if you're looking just to enjoy, experiment or feel your way into collaborative music, and don't have a 'business plan', this might not be for you. (I haven't found a site that suits me though . . . ). If you have money and patience, it might be worth battling your way through all the rules - I did find a musical friend and it's been good.
uberc
May 14th, 2015
Far too complicated and frankly terrible website which is very likely to be a scam. They should just give up in this business. Clearly made by people who are not musicians and don't understand that meeting with people should be simple. Just tried to go through these tedious nerdy bs processes. They should actually give us money for the time wasted.
theq
March 28th, 2017
HAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAP HAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAPHAD THIS SITE FOR YEARS SEND ME $#*! DONT UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY STUPID CRAP
danr64
February 24th, 2016
If you only take one thing from this review - use Gumtree instead.

Musicians-in-your-city has a huge amount of baffling rules. Maybe part of their autocratic approach is due being lost in translation from their native german, but it's a rough user experience.

Say you're looking for a drummer - you have to fill in the comments field with 'something meaningful and interesting - min 50 characters' but you're not allowed to say 'what you are looking for' nor 'anything about your band'.

All quite odd, and there's no help at all in completing.

If they deem your entry against their rules - your account is frozen for 12 hours, whilst 'contacting support is forbidden during this time'.
You then make the amend, and have to wait another 12 hours for them to approve, again 'contacting support is forbidden..'

Totally bizarre they feel the need to run the site in this way. Much nicer would be to tell people they've got it wrong, give them guidance on what is needed to change and a chance to change it before freezing them out.

It probably explains why so few people are on this site, and why engaging with them is so stilted and difficult.

Nice idea, appalling execution and waste of money.
neila14
May 12th, 2015
Is there an equivalent of the Razzies for unusable websites? This would win awards.
I can only assume that MIYC has been designed by music haters to try to stop bands from forming. It manages to combine unattractive design, poor instructions and difficulty of use with messages that border on outright hostile and features hidden behind a paywall. In case anyone reading this is a drummer in the Bristol area, drop me a line. It should be a quicker way of finding a musician than MIYC. Stay away.
wendyc63
September 5th, 2016
Received an email from a musician with his name shown, but no message content shown. Why is this so?
Wendy
joes425
May 4th, 2014
Awful site that just gives you the run around. It censors what you say so makes it difficult to write about yourself. It not only wants your mobile but also your landline number...why? I go on Joinmyband and Partysounds now to look for Musicians. Avoid Musicians-in-the-city.
mikeh161
July 6th, 2015
OMG this site is a total pain in the axxe.

DO NOT REGISTER. they have more security hoops to jump through than accessing the CIA's database.

You can't get past the the verify your landline number which they inform you you have entered but you haven't! Therefore you cant access the support form mail and therefore you get endless spammed email by them because you cant tell them to turn them off or delete the account.

Its like dealing with the Gestapo.

AVOID.
them22
February 24th, 2015
Shockingly difficult to use, a conple waste of money.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about Musicians-in-your-city.co.uk?