Review of MudPutty

mudputtysales@gmail.com

9 reviews with 1 star

ls188
8/17/17
For the many who have been deceived and lied to...
Please submit all correspondence with the directors to trading standards (City of Manchester office). The insolvency service have informed of Wrongful Trading investigations as it is clear Mudputty had continued to take money from customers when they had no means of fulfilling orders. Contrary to what the directors have been posting reviews (under differing names) - customers are highly unlikely to receive refunds of the full amount if any at all. The directors have pulled the funds from the company (presumably to pay themselves a last ditch salary) and left none for a voluntary liquidation which would ensure money is returned to creditors swiftly.
P.S. the company does still exist [a simple search on Companies House]. There is also a facebook page to help support defrauded customers. I, like many, won't stop our cause until we have an order from a liquidator for personal contributions from the directors!
theresae10
7/26/17
Just received email telling me they've gone into liquidation due to illness !! Not believing it at all they took my money 2 July 2017 and if I hadn't of contacted asking for update I wouldn't of heard a thing, I am disgusted as I had spoken to these so called "family" business people before I ordered and liquidation doesn't come without planning and long months of struggling so they new exactly what they were doing the only sickness they've got is stealing children's dreams !! Your disgusting!!!
tanyac43
7/22/17
The owners of this business
Are thieves. Merrily taking money and not fulfilling orders.
I think a nice little link to the @telegraph where they touted their wares a year or so ago is called for.
Apparently one of them has had a nervous breakdown. (No doubt a lie). They have my money and won't refund. Apparently I am inhuman as I am not sympathetic.
She says she will see me in court. Anyone else fancy joining me....
Complete unprofessional thieves. Watch for their names. No.doubt will be setting up again and conning more people soon.....
Using mental health as an excuse/sob story is the absolute pits

*Personal information redacted by admin
md251
7/10/17
I have the same issue as others. I ordered a hobbit hole den 3 months ago. They took the money from me and gave no acknowledgement or invoice. I called so many times, emailed, sent instance message. Pretty much no response - never on the phone. I had the odd short email stating it will definitely be delivered. Even gave a day once. Complete lie. The pair running this company must know they could not for-fill the order but still took my money of nearly £600. Absolutely disgusted with this company and am now trying to get my money back. Up until yesterday they were still taking orders. Now it seems their domain is down. I hope they don't set up anywhere else. They should be investigated. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
craigb83
7/7/17
Ordered a hobbit house 2 months ago and have not received it. Numerous unanswered phonecalls, no replies to my emails. I'm hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

What is very strange is that they were quick to reply to my emailed queries before my order but once my order was placed just nothing.

Seems like this is happening to several other customers.

Please avoid this company.
kellin11
7/6/17
Despite several emails and phone calls over many months still not received my playhouse.
I will now be taking legal action against mudputty
It would seem I'm not the only person in this situation
chirags6
7/6/17
Ordered the Hidey Hole but requested a bespoke size. We were very specific about the size as the playhouse had to fit in to a specific area. They confirmed they would build to out size requirements.

General:

1. They never pick up their phone
2. Response time for emails is ridiculous

When finally delivered - completely the wrong size even though they confirmed they would make it to our specification. Emailed (as again there is no point of calling as they never pick up) and responded to say they would deliver a replacement and requested we send the old one back. Challenged this, as I wasn't prepared to pay for the postage - and they confirmed they would arrange pick up. Since then I've chased numerous times and not had a single response.

Went to the extent of calling a business in the same retail area and left a message for them to call me back. Never heard a thing.

Even set up a twitter account to contact them - as they seemed to be responding to tweets - they ignored the message however have since tweeted other messages.

In the end got fed up of waiting and claimed back the money via our credit card provider. We had the courtesy of emailing them to advise that unless we heard back within 2 weeks, we would be claiming via the credit card company - they never responded.

Steer clear - in all my years of shopping online, this is the worst customer explerience I've ever seen. Never had to claim like this before.
rebeccag80
7/5/17
We ordered a hobbit hidey hole den over 3 months ago and despite sending numerous emails and calling no one has bothered to return any of my emails nor have they answered the phone. We are now out of pocket and extremely angry over the situation. Do not buy!
robinc41
9/13/15
I totally agree with other reviews that I have seen for this company, they have absolutely no idea of customer service. I ordered and paid for a door canopy and tiles for it, in June 2015,
After calling hundreds of times ( no exageration) and e-mailing I was told that they had tried to deliver on two separate occasions, upon investigation l have found this to be untrue. Eventually I did receive the canopy but now, after 3 months and even more unanswered calls and e-mailing I have not received the tiles or the refund for these, I have since purchased the required tiles elsewhere, and now find myself in the position that I am taking out a claim through the Small Claims Court. Beware of buying from this company.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

Questions? Get answers from the MudPutty staff and other customers.

MudPutty?