Moviepro.net

Moviepro.net has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Moviepro.net also ranks 158th among Movie sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Site is offshore, and my US credit card added a foreign transaction to the fee.
How would you rate Moviepro.net?

“I have one concern when it comes to moviepro”

Alex S.
1/11/10

I have one concern when it comes to moviepro. When I want to go to the area for updating details, all it lets me change is my password. It gives no other option to change address, phone ect.... I have sent 3 emails over a 1 month period and had no response. The site itself is working fine. I have successfully downloaded all movies that I have paid for but I'm just abit worried as to whether this site is actualy legal

credit card (3)
sams2
February 22nd, 2010
At 1st it looks like a good deal, but download speed is very slow if you can stay connected. Site is offshore, and my US credit card added a foreign transaction to the fee. I can't say for sure that it's related, but had a major credit card fraud incident after signing on to this site, all the fraudulent charges originated from Europe. The card I used is now shut down, so there won't be any recurring fee. I did manage to d/l a few movies, but have all but given up using the remainder of the credit I have left.

STAY AWAY!!!
louiser3
July 9th, 2013
I have a fair bit of credit I can't use because the site seems to have shut down and my attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. I'd avoid the hippo site they're now recommending, as I suspect the same thing will happen.
johnj6
August 11th, 2010
I used this site for months ... downloading got slower and then it went down completely ... cannot contact anyone ... have $40 credit ...

My advice is don't join until you read that the site is up and running good by reviewers like on this site ...
bettyh2
June 24th, 2010
Wish I had read this reviews. 2 of the movies didn't download- the one that did didn't play. Tried to get customer support but received no response from my emails. Avoid this site. Wish I could hang a big "do not enter!" warning sign across there site!
rebeccaw1
January 28th, 2010
The site charged my credit card twice for a 29.99 membership. I contacted the help desk and they offered to credit my account for the overcharge. I asked for a refund instead. They cancelled my account and said they were refunding my money but never did. The 1 movie I downloaded ended up costing me 60.00. I would avoid this site at all costs. .
robertk2
January 5th, 2010
After 3 Unsuccessful attempts to download HD movies from this site, I have become very suspicious as to the legitimacy of the company. The first download went to my desktop hard drive in error, however there doesn't appear to be any way of moving the file to my external drive.

On the second movie attempt only half of the movie was downloaded after about 8 hours, using their recommended download manager.

On my third attempt I tried another download manger which indicated 6 Gig 100% of the file was downloaded to my external drive, The movie however, is over 10 Gig and the file is no where to be found on my external drive.

I have sent MoviePro 4 messages asking for help or feedback with these problem and I've received no response from them.

I don't know if all movie download sites are this screwed up or just MoviePro.
jeanm4
June 14th, 2010
They charged my credit card, and then didn't fund my account. I emailed them, I called them, I called their host. NO response! Avoid this site at all costs unless you want to be scammed.
garyd2
July 1st, 2010
Fraudulent site..........I have $43 credit which I cannot use. No responce from the help line...............do not use!!!!!
stephenb2
April 29th, 2010
Last night I signed on for the $19.95 deal, and downloaded "Meet Joe Black" successfully. Went to download "2012" and noticed it's file ext. was different ".mkv". Trying to download it, I was sent to "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", though my payment was accepted. Same thing with "Good Will Hunting". The web site' contact page lists a telephone number in England: +011-*******100... I called and some guy answered (after the 10th ring) and said he didn't know anything about "Movie Pro". So I'm going to try one more movie then call it a day. I DID send an email, but haven't received a response yet. According to the other complaints recorded on this site, I guess I had better not expect a response... very sad.
pamp1
May 6th, 2010
They take your money and do not respond to any questions. I have been charged for the movies I have supposedly downloaded, but they are not available even with all of their recommended downloads.
DO NOT TRY IT !!!!!!
lukep2
August 11th, 2010
Total con, worked fine for a year or so then they dissapear with everyones money and card details.....something needs to be done about this !!!!
brianw2
January 30th, 2010
TOTAL SCAM, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBSCRIBED YOU ARE SOL.
alexs5
January 11th, 2010
I have one concern when it comes to moviepro.
I have sent 3 emails over a 1 month period and had no response.
noellef
July 2nd, 2010
The only reason I gave them a 2 outta 4 is bc they did fine for over a month & I got some good downloads but after a month or so.....the website no longer exsisted!! UGH!! Guess they're up & running under a new name!
casidyb
July 2nd, 2010
I originally couldn't download anything from this site, and e-mailed their support. Nobody responded. I figured out that if I use a Download Manager like "Internet Download Manager" I could actually download films successfully. I have downloaded about 10 movies successfully, but have had problems with downloading 2 movies in particular. I e-mailed thier support THREE times with no response. The site does work, and you can download movies from it, but if a link is down or if you have some sort of trouble there is ZERO support. Nobody ever responds to e-mail and there is no phone number to call.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Moviepro.net staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moviepro.net?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.2
Have a question about Moviepro.net?