MoveOn.org

MoveOn.org has a consumer rating of 1 star from 12 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MoveOn.org ranks 9th among Petition sites.

How would you rate MoveOn.org?

“Helping themselves to my wallet”

William B.
9/13/20

Moveon has been charging $15/month to my credit card for the past seven months. I never authorized that. My only contact with Moveon was some time ago when I made a contribution. Thus far, I've had no luck with their labyrinthine bureaucracy in getting them to stop those payment-much less in getting repaid their ill-gotten gains. Odd, too, because I'm a fan of Bob Reich's. But not for getting ripped off.

williamb2251
September 13th, 2020
sharonp758
July 17th, 2020
I receive robocalls at least daily from this organization. Although I believe in some (but definitely not all) of the ideologies they espouse, because they are so predatory in their marketing campaign, not only will I not support them, I will actively work to defeat every issue the are pushing. I wish they would leave me the Hell alone!
unvietu
October 22nd, 2020
I have received too many texts from your organization *******125 and *******008) asking for donation, and text it back to STOP to 668366 to stop receiving messages, but still getting them.

I have filed a complaint at Oregon Attorney General to stop sending me the text. Hopefully they will STOP.
juliet591
September 4th, 2020
They spy on kids and homes to further their unsolicited propaganda. They do not stop even when requested.
maryh1402
July 1st, 2020
I signed a petition a while ago. I've been getting repeated texts from "volunteers" about voting and getting people to vote out a particular person. Their website says they are non patrician, but this is untrue. I have repeatedly asked to not be contacted as I'm on the DNC list. Don't EVER sign a petition originated from their site.
ba393
October 30th, 2020
You jerks somehow got my number and blow it up wanting my vote and tell me how it is now or never to change the world by doing so. Like all other politicians, I hear and see nothing between election times. If you wanted to change the world, do something between election years.
zacharyw113
October 27th, 2020
This POS company posted an AD on my social media with a video of some woman telling a bunch of lies and telling people to vote Trump out of office. First off, do NOT tell me who to vote for or not to vote for and second, keep your political BS off my social media.
cn50
December 5th, 2016
Several people I know who said they signed my petition don't show, including a couple who did it while in my office. Also they have a graph that shows the number of visits/signors for the last two weeks (visible to the one who initiated the petition) and mine shows 30 signors, but only 11 show up on the list. Also people who left comments don't show up on the list. Emails to customer service either are never answered or answered weeks later. Find another place to host your petition, these guys don't have it together.
matzp1
November 5th, 2018
Since July, I have been receiving text messages from these people about voting in elections in Nebraska. I have sent numerous emails to them, have received promises that they will remove my cell number & my name--it never happens.

Have asked them for the source of their info about me & was told staffers are using an app to do their texting, so they don't have a way to remove my cell number. That is BULL!

Then was told to just type STOP on the text message--doesn't work to stop them. I am now going to print off all my emails & send them to the FTC for a complaint. There is a federal law about political robo texting & these people are violating that law.

Political groups buy cell numbers from various carriers & use that info to find you. There is no published phone or address in Nebraska for these people. Luckily, I wasn't stupid enough to give them money.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE.
mirag2
March 14th, 2017
They claim to fight for democracy, but push their own selfish agenda on majority of American people. That's not democracy, it's hate. Quite lucrative business, though. Check where your donations are going:
susanl68
December 11th, 2015
Moveon.org got its start some 17 years ago. I was one of the first to send them money to support their work. I even worked as a reviewer of their "Mail" for 4 years, helping them to sort through all the comments, suggestions and opinions. For the past year or two, I've noticed that the organization has drastically changed. It looks like the fascist, closed minded, power tripping, ignorant Politically Correct are controlling the group and its vast data base, using it as a way to spread misinformation and propaganda. I am very opposed to censorship, so when I get petitions and messages that are all about shutting down someone whose views aren't shared by the current controllers of moveon.org, I shudder. I support Free Speech and Free Assembly. I support research and material facts disseminated in support of a position. Such a pity, but the power trippers at moveon.org have a very specific agenda, and it's blindsiding their data base with ignorant propaganda that serves specific political leaders. These ignorant, power hungry folks, with no respect for Free Speech, Debate or the Truth, have compromised a formerly progressive, but intelligent group.

Tip for consumers:
Just press Delete

tonyb60
November 21st, 2013
Propaganda rag. It was anti-war... until Obama became president. Gotta love consistency like that.

Moveon is a huge scam as evidenced by their complete lack of customer service and total refusal to remove people from their harassment call lists. I have never joined Moveon but they hit me and many people I know up for donations all the time. Their callers are very clear that they don't answer to anyone and that they do not recognize the do not call list or follow any telemarketing laws. If you gave Moveon information related to a credit card or bank account information my recommendation is close the account-I do not think there is any other way to stop the horrible people who harass Americans all day and night from taking your last cent.

By charles p.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the MoveOn.org staff and other customers.

This page includes content from both MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action. For more info, visit our about page: http://front.moveon.org/about/ WAYS TO HELP: 1. Like our page! 2. Share progressive stuff with your friends! I...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MoveOn.org?

Have a question about MoveOn.org?