Mother Earth Living reviews

Topeka, Kansas 66609-1265

robertl324
1,148 helpful votes
6/6/18

Does Not Have What It Claims!

Mother Earth Living, and the old Mother Earth News, are the same magazine simply spread thinner. That's fact number one. From this you can see that the producers are a corporation interested in the money. Fact number two is that these magazines articles are Reader Written. Put these together and here's what you have:

A corporate entity interested in making money, expanded for that purpose to twice it's original size, Must have articles to fill their deadlines; since those are coming from the public and quotas Have to be met, quality is invariably sacrificed to quantity.

There are two facets to this as well. The writers of their articles are ordinary people, just like here at Sitejabber, Android Forum, ...pick one You know, and you've experienced sifting thru the stupid comments, junk and BS to finally get a semi-answer to your reason for going there. In fact this is the very reason you're Here..to try and filter out all that. To go with this, the corporate producers of these magazines (and sites) are not experts either; so the result is that they take their best shot(s) and fill their pages with what is offered. Period. That's what you get.

I was homesteading when Mother Earth News first came out. I went, "Oh boy! Here's something I can use," and got every issue. For awhile. I soon discovered the articles were written by ppl who were total amateurs. They had Maybe tried this, or done it Once, and then working or not written it up and sold it! There's money to be had, and ppl "living off the land" are ipso facto broke.

Sadly I found this situation is rampant, especially on the internet where anyone can post anything at all, total BS or not. Moreover, the larger any one of these outfits are the more filler they need..and guess what?

Well, just a word to the wise.

roseannz
5/14/18

I have subscribed to the Mother Earth Living magazines and to their newsletters. Mother Earth has great articles on a variety of topics from how to live off the grid, how to raise chickens, how to garden, how to use essential oils, how to make your own make-up, and everything in between. There are also books to buy from Ogden Publishing. I bought a book for a niece who purchased her own 90-acre ranch. She bought chickens and was planning a green house and making many more plans. I bought her a book which had about everything one might need to how to do or make just about anything. I think I need to buy another for myself! She found it very useful.
The reason I gave a 4 and not a 5 is that this year I haven't received my magazines, even though Mother Earth has my correct address. Even though I received my magazines before this year, they didn't seem to come regularly or on time. If you subscribe, ME does continuing renewals, unless you write to stop that. On the plus side, I contacted ME about my missing magazines and they offered to send me the ones I missed. It was also easy to stop continuous renewals. We are moving this year, so I will resubscribe IF they send me the missing ones. It's a very good website.

Questions? Get answers from the Mother Earth Living staff and other customers.

Mother Earth Living?