MilitaryHeritage reviews

Tel: +1 (613) 692-6947
info@militaryheritage.com

brynw2
11/27/18

Ordered a baker rifle from these guys, 2 days later it had been dispatched and within a week it was in my hands. Which is fast shipping from Canada to the UK especially with customs being involved on both ends.
Quality of the rifle is amazing, I don't know why people are negative about them. It looks accurate, it sparks every time, all the components seem solid and sturdy. Next to my 102 year old Lee Enfield it looks like it belongs. Reviews can't do it justice, it's tge business.

edg497
8/11/17

I'd give the zero stars if I could. I've sent this company two email requests over a weeks time requesting info regarding their Shin-Guntos. They lack the professionalism to respond to my requests. I can only imagine how their service regarding orders is. smh

Response from Robert H., MilitaryHeritage Representative
Dear Sir, I apologize for not responding to you. There was a death that closed our company down for 2 weeks. The aftermath is we have an inbox with over 300 emails. It will take some time to get to this backlog of messages. Again sorry for this inconvenience.
xavierc18
10/15/16

Ordered online as Ed. G, got no confirmation. Emailed for status a week later, no response. Emailed a week after that, no response.Emailed a third time to no avail. To avoid absolutely

Response from Robert H., MilitaryHeritage Representative
Dear Sir, We did respond. We responded twice in fact. I explained that our spam had grabbed your emails and we found them in the filter. I do not know if it is because you were writing from France. Anyway we responded. You ignored us.
jamesm456
5/27/16

Overall, I'm very pleased with service and quick delivery of my musket. Packaging could be better with more bubble wrap. My box had a hole in it where it had been dropped on the barrel end during shipment. No damage. Upon examination the gun has nicks and scratches on the finish metal and wood and is teakwood, not walnut; but that was explained to me before buying. Looks like a India Made rifle but the lock appears strong and well made. Hey...for a start up gun for Reenacting it is what it is for $545.00. Dixie sells their Itialian version for $1500, but not everyone can afford that much just getting out fitted for French Indian War Reenacting. It's a good gun that appears to be suited for field use and if you get a scratch, your not so inclined to cry for the money spent. Walnut stock would be nicer I think. Overall, it's worth what you pay but it want take any blue ribbons for being flawless.

Response from Robert H., MilitaryHeritage Representative
Thanks for your comments and that you see value for what you paid. The wood is indeed a strong teak but the grain mimics walnut. We switched to this wood about 10-12 years ago and everyone has been quite happy with it. We try to package it well by putting in an inch of hard Styrofoam at the ends, and 1/2 on the walls, along with the bubble wrap. Musket contact points with the double-walled cardboard box are reinforced to additional padding. Still once and a while UPS can be rough. I am happy it was not damaged. Hope you enjoy yourself!!! Robert
terryr47
5/16/16

I Bought the Capt Cook Flintlock Double barrel shotgun. Ordered on 14 Dec. , delivered to Huntsville, Al 21 Dec. Pretty fast shipping ! I emailed a report of a small nick in the wood and concerns about the breech plugs being about 1/2" short of the pans when measured from muzzles. Got prompt response from John and even an offer to extend the return period and call the gunsmith to walk him through the vent drilling process. Very generous! I took the gun to my now ex gunsmith. He announced the gun was not made to be fired.

John had informed me that the breech plugs were cut at an angle where the vent holes were to be drilled. This was an error. The plugs screw up into the barrels and then are soldered to a top and bottom rib to match the barrels. The vents must go through the breech plugs themselves. They are solid, however and block the barrels 1/2" ahead of the pans. Ignorance of the product one sells is not a good thing, but is the only fault I can find with the company. The plugs must be removed, bored to depth like a patent breech ,and then drilled for flash holes , reassembled and resoldered to their ribs . Once done, this is a very nice gun . I hope the company learns this product and modifies its description on the web site to indicate how involved making it shoot is.

Response from Robert H., MilitaryHeritage Representative
Thanks sir for your comments. The shotgun was a new product and designed completely different from all our other muskets and pistols. This is due to the cylinder shape of the barrel requiring a different approach to the breech for safety reasons. With many of our flintlocks, the breech is hooked to allow the vent to be drilled which John mistakenly applied to the Shot gun. Usually the flintlock conversion takes a gunsmith 5-10 minutes using a drill press. Because of this issue with the shot gun, we have temporarily discontinued it while we attempt to make the conversion process simpler for the client. Thank you again for the taking the time to comment and that in the end you are enjoying it.
michaels278
7/13/15

Ordered my doglock musket in .69 caliber w/42" barrel on the 4th of JuJuly, which was a Saturday. It arrived on Monday, on the 13th.
This is the first time I've not only ordered a muzzloader that was not made by a professional maker, it's the first time I've ordered anything from this company.
My musket was packaged very well. After opening the box the first part I saw was the unique doglock and how well it was made, and the test of the musket was of the same quality.
I am one of those picky and particular guys when it comes to correct period stuff, especially my flintlocks.
I've always only had only hand made forelocks made by well known makers, but after researching several companies I decided to take a chance with The Discriminating General.
I've always been partial to early English doglock muskets.
I thought is this musket looks as good as it did in the promo. Photo, I'll be way ahead because of the excellent price alone.
To say I was pleased at what I observed and handled would be an understatement.
The fit and finish was as nice about on par with my $2000 dollar custom made Dublin Castle musket made by a well known American builder.
Looking very much forward to drilling the touch hole and seeing how it shoots.
When I do, I'll write another review on how it preformed.
Thank you all for making such fine products available for such amazing prices.
Can't wait to show my fellow reenacting friends.
I'll be doing business with this fine company again.
Michael from Michigan

epocao
6/20/15

Good luck trying to reach anyone by phone or email.
You never get a live person. They don't return calls or emails.

Very strange. Cancelled my order via credit card company.

Response from Robert H., MilitaryHeritage Representative
Hi,

Dear Sir,

As you know and according to our records:

1. On Sunday night June 14 you ordered on-line a product from us.
2. On Monday June 15 your order was inspected and packed.
3. Tuesday 16 we shipped your product by UPS.
4. UPS Tracking information was emailed to you that day.
5. Wednesday June 17 it was in your hands! (just 62 hours after you ordered it)
4. Thursday June 18 you asked for a copy of the receipt
6. Saturday June 20 you sent a message again and I believe from our phone log tried to call. We are not open on weekends. You then wrote with review.
7. Monday we got to your receipt request in our correspondence backlog and emailed the receipt (2 business days after requesting it).

All this transpired over one week. You did not cancel your order through your credit card company, because you received the product in almost record time! That is a misleading statement.

I feel we actually did an excellent job serving you. I am sorry you do not agree.

Robert
daaruke
1/9/15

Jianyun Xu Dennis Xu dob 04/10/1976 address:5503 159TH PL, REDMOND, WA 98052
Jianyun xu works in Microsoft Redmond, WA, USA.
I have disheartening experience with Jianyun Xu Dennis Xu. I worked with him before. He never gave me any respect. He considered me as a slave, treated me like garbage and used every way he can to abuse, mistreat me. What he did to me were without my knowledge and against my will.
I tried my best to commute with him, such as I tried to ask him why he treated me so badly, what was his expectation from me, but he always rejected to commute because he thought I didn't worth him to talk, the only thing I should do is to obey him without any condition, even if his expectation is unreasonable, impossible or unhumane.
After I tried my best to stay away from him, he still mistreated me using whatever ways he could find.

edg309
7/8/14

Ordered online, got no confirmation. Emailed for status a week later, no response. Emailed a week after that, no response. Called and left message, no response. Ordered from a different vendor.

philiph38
4/2/14

The guys working there are great. Really nice and knowledgeable. I had a bunch of history questions before buying a musket and saber. They answered them all. It felt like Christmas when the package showed up. Musket a great sparker and sword was super well-made with great balance. I sharpened it myself and have been cutting watermelons for grins. My only complaint is they used annoying sterofoam peanuts. But they told they going to replace them with different packing stuff.

jakej16
2/6/14

I bought a 1795 Springfield from this website. Wow. I spoke with a really nice and well informed guy on the phone, put in my order, and it was on its way a couple of days later.

UPS annoyed me a bit at my end but not the website's fault. Got it anyway. Got the vent drill and fired perfectly the first pull of the trigger. I'm really happy, considering other sites sell it for 600 bucks more! They are in Canada but I saw no difference than ordering from a US dealer. We're one big happy family IMO :-)

keythr
10/11/11

18th and 19th Century military equipment and replicas.

Their home page strapline is "Home of the Discriminating General." I doubt if very many real life generals visit the site, but for people who are involved in re-enactments, theatre groups, getting costumes and equipment for films, teaching military history, or who just have a burning desire to find out the actual French commands to load and fire a musket at the battle of Waterloo, this is the place to go. No doubt some people just like dressing up in the privacy of their own rooms ('Not tonight, Josephine'), but we won't go there.

For your musket, fife and drum, check out www.militaryheritage.com

If you really ARE interested in French musket drill (!) go to:

They will even sell you the musket for a mere $499 (bayonets extra). Equipping a new Imperial army for another march on Moscow will be a pricey enterprise.

Questions? Get answers from the MilitaryHeritage staff and other customers.

1 Photo for MilitaryHeritage