Review of Megavideo

SITE CLOSED

paulc77
Paul C.
8/27/15

Back in 2006 when I loved YouTube, I had an account and uploaded several gaming videos. Well, this site was infamous for users stealing the videos off of YT. I contacted them saying to remove my videos, but they didn't. But now since I hate YT, I'd actually give this site 2 stars now. That's about it.

Tip for consumers: No video hosting site can get worse than YT.

martham3
7/11/13

When I tried them for one month last year, they seemed okay. I paid for premium a few months later for one year subscription. No customer service replies. Fewer to none of almost all TV series I want to download. Quality keeps going down hill. If I do find a series, there might be episode 12345 then 678 goes missing then there might be E9... This site scammed me.

mm22
7/5/13

I just purchased the premium membership, and, from what I can see I've bought access to any trailer for any video I want, and 35 different versions of it at that. There are no real full length movies available. The site is so painful to navigate through. This site sucks.

stephanieh5
12/20/11

I love megavideo! It works great. I think the only 70 minutes to watch before it resets is kinda annoying but really it gets me doing other things that need to be done during my shows.

andrewc16
9/7/11

The site has its uses. Lots of people upload movies and stuff to this site. So it's a place where you can view content that might not be available on YouTube, but its kind of a b move sort of place. Plus, if you want to watch uninterrupted for a long time, you have to pay a premium fee.
A lot of stuff gets deleted on here as well.

gabrielc2
9/2/11

Great video hosting website!! I purchase premium every time it runs out, I mostly watch movies on it if they haven't been removed. very good streaming even if you don't pay, although you can only watch 72 minutes of video, it resets to 0 after 30 minutes, so it's not that bad. I like this site, been using it for about a year. I would recommend megavideo. It's up to you if you want to pay or not. It's only 9.99eur for a month sub. and you can collect points by downloading content and trading them in for membership subs. ALSO, when you do purchase premium... You can use it on all Mega websites. :-)

drinsteing
8/29/11

Unless you pay it cuts you off from what you were viewing.

heatherm10
6/23/11

This product is "free", however to get premium access you must pay a fee. I paid for a month of premium access, and it was interrupted for three hours two days later. Megavideo never offered an explaination, not even an answer to the email sent to their customer service email. On their help page, it says to consult with their "FAQ" first before emailing. I did not find any FAQ on their site, and couldn't even find one after using Google to look it up. Overall, I am very dissatisfied and will never personally use this service again.

michaelc16
6/19/11

Initially I found MEGAVIDEO very good but it goes from bad to worse these days, I started using MEGAVIDEO a few years back and found it so good that I got the paid version (No time viewing limits) I was able to watch in full and to the end many sitcoms and movies, I renewed my subscription on February 2nd. 2011 for 2 years (Cost 79.99 Euros) and since then the service has gone down hill rapidly, there are almost no moves to watch and very few sitcoms, I have contacted MEGAVIDEO several times and have gotten no response at all. DO NOT pay anything to this company - MEGAVIDEO/MEGAUPLOAD.

alexandert
11/17/10

Why hasn't YouTube sued this company for copying the idea and marketing it with "premium features?" Why?

Megavideo is a disappointment to all video sharing sites. If you don't pay, you get low-quality video, slow download speeds, no ability to download the video, and a whole lot more poor features that... it's not worth mentioning. That, and... the interface shouldn't even be called an interface, but, rather, a mess and dishonor.

So, paying for premium... I do NOT think that anyone should pay for video-hosting site quality that you can get on other sites that don't require a single penny. It's not unreasonable... it's unethical.

An off-topic comment, the people who thought up Megavideo should be sued and should be punished for marketing off what YouTube gives for free.

If you're using Megavideo and you enjoy it, you must be desperate (and yes, that does spawn the question "why" with a broad variety of answers that must be disappointing and embarrassing.)

nates1
7/15/10

I read the previous posts and with the membership you can watch unlimited videos and download any video you like. The problem the other posters run into is that they are using the free membership which only allows you access to limited number of videos and has a restiction on the number of minutes. I had no trouble with them yet. Must say that watching tv shows on the site is rather frustrating all are missing episodes and entire seasons but will gladly trade that for a great database of movies.

ronalda
7/1/10

They are deceitful. They get you to watch 70% of the move and tell you that your bandwidth is limited and then try to sell you a subscription to their service.

user377
3/6/09

m e g a-v i d e o - DISAPPOINTED!!!!!...seems as though an ENTIRE movie is unable to be viewed. Only 72 minutes are available at a time, and that is definately not long enough to view a movie in it's entirety. It is my opinion that that factor should be addressed.

Questions? Get answers from the Megavideo staff and other customers.

Megavideo?