Maryswoods.org

Maryswoods.org has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The most common issues with Maryswoods.org are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Maryswoods.org?

“For a Christian organization there really is a lack of compassion...”

Stephen C.
2/26/20

We received off campus Home Care Services since 2017. The caregivers are highly skilled and better paid than most. They also receive good benefits. Surprisingly the turnover rate is quite high. For the past 2 years, each and every caregiver who provided care to us expressed a concern about the "toxic" and "retaliatory workplace atmosphere created by the Home Care Supervisor." (These are adjectives used by the Mary's Woods caregivers.) The few times I ventured to offer a suggestion to improve services I was told "If you don't like the services, go elsewhere". Because I relied on these services and felt obligated to promote the well-being and retention of the caregivers, I met with the Vice President of Health Services to discuss these concerns. I believed that a better workplace environment might resolve the caregiver retention issue and permit the continuation of services for the few off campus clients that still remained. The Vice President of Health Services said she appreciated my feedback and looked forward to continuing providing these services. Two weeks later we received a letter that home care services for the off campus clients was discontinued. ("If you don't like our services, go elsewhere?") I followed up with an email to the Vice President of Health Services with a copy to both the Mary's Woods President & Chief Executive Officer and the Mission Director of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. I felt that the discontinuation of services was punitive. I did not receive a response back. Apparently the Home Care Supervisor is no longer employed at Mary's Woods. That may be a step in the right direction, but it does not forgive the lack of client commitment and blatant disregard to the community. It is unfortunate that a facility owned by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is so poorly managed and does not value nor thrive from "the different perspectives and individual strengths that are essential to our success" as advertised in their Diversity Statement. We were considering purchasing one of their campus homes, but we will follow their advice and "go elsewhere".

stephenc137
February 26th, 2020

I did not receive a response back.

Questions? Get answers from the Maryswoods.org staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maryswoods.org?

Have a question about Maryswoods.org?