Review of MadMarks

East Bradenton,, FL 34208

1 Review From Our Community

rickt37
10/4/16

Several months ago I took my '79 hot rod Chevy C-10 to Mad Mark's Stereo in Bradenton, Fl. to have some pretty basic fixes. I had just purchased the truck from a fellow who was leaving the state and couldn't finish what he had started. The truck was lowered, shaved, chopped, and had a really sweet ground effects package. But the door poppers did not engage and it needed a sound system. I got a pretty basic stereo, because my intent was to get the truck ready and flip it. I was quoted a price of 834.00 and was ok with that price if the job was right. Before I dropped it off I asked the manager when it would be done. His response was "It will be done when it's done! That is when I should have bolted. But because time was important, I agreed. The next day I returned after being assured that the job was finished. Wrong!! Not only did the door poppers not work properly, the stereo did not work at all. So after to talking to the owner, Mark, he said he would get right on it. After about two hours, he said it was ready. Well, kinda'. Halfway home the radio quit. I called later and was told I had an appointment for the next day, confirmed by Mark. When I came in at the appointment time, the manager (a real troll), said " We don't make appointments". After waiting for over four hours, a tech came to me and asked what channels I listened to on the radio. Confused, I asked why. He said that this system would not get many of the local stations. At that point, I had to pay 40.00 bucks extra for an antenna that would allow me to get reception. At that point I just about blew a gasket. As I was leaving the store, a guy who overheard my conversation with the manager troll asked me what's up? I just said, "get it in writing". I finally chased down Mark and said just get me the hell out of here. I never heard another word from these jerks, and good riddance!

Questions? Get answers from the MadMarks staff and other customers.

MadMarks?