Review of Madlime

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

isabelled
12/28/12

I have been trying to buy one particular item that I would only find on Chinese websites... Of all the Chinese websites I tried buying it from, Madlime.com was the most reliable. Seriously, they are organized and they provide fast feedback (automated confirmation emails), just the way you would expect from any North American company. I really appreciated their in-site Order History, where I was able to follow my order's processing.

The items offered on Madlime.com are not the cheapest I've seen, but I've come to realize that customer service is not free per say... I suppose we customers have to pay for service and professionalism, so items are priced in consequence. Prices are still very reasonable. Shipping is not free, but it is very affordable. They also provide a tracking number with every shipment (which is not optional) for an extra 2 USD$. It makes MadLime.com more trustworthy than any other Chinese website that do not provide tracking numbers in my opinion.

However, I noticed Chinese websites tend to pick a moto for what they are worst at, and this website makes no exception with "always fast shipping". My item was shipped 1 whole week after I payed for it (after I sent them a couple emails asking when my item was going to be shipped. I never got a reply for those emails, I get the feeling they made sure to ship my item "quickly" as a reply). I picked regular air mail for shipping method, and Hong Kong post took its sweet time. MadLime.com had estimated shipping time to my country to 12-20 days... It has been over 20 days already, and my item just left Hong Kong today, finally. I ordered in November, thought I was way ahead of time and that I was going to get my item before Christmas for sure... "Always fast shipping"... if you pay for express shipping, maybe!

Anyhow, in case you couldn't tell, I haven't received my item yet. I did not order electronics nor clothing so I'm not all that worried about the quality of my item, I'm confident it will be as I expect. I was very impressed with the professionalism of MadLime.com and I was 100% happy until it got to the shipping. MadLime.com also makes sure to claim that they will not be held responsible (no refunds!) for any lost items, so you have to follow your item closely (tracking number).

I cannot say I highly recommend MadLime.com, but of all the Chinese websites I tried, this one was the most professional. Do give it its chance, but follow your order closely and don't expect "always fast shipping"!

Edit: I received my item today. I'm very pleased with it! It was well packaged and exactly as described. I will probably give Madlime.com another chance and get kids clothing from them.

Questions? Get answers from the Madlime staff and other customers.

Madlime?