Review of lookbook

lookbook reviews

Cupertino, California, United States

rinan1
10/21/15

My designer friend refers me this site and now I visit almost everyday for getting inspiration of what to wear today. I wish they had a tagging function so that you can tag the item where to buy... I see many self fashion photo sharing site but by far lookbook has the most qualified people.

sarahg40
4/6/14

There is something fishy going on with this site. When I post my looks I can track them in the 'NEW' looks feed but when my friends log in they can't see my looks at all. I suspect that there are certain users that LOOKBOOK tries to promote and others that it hides from the feed after they're posted. In consequence, those users don't get as many hypes because their look get minimal exposure. LOOKBOOK is definitely not neutral.

tn1
1,590 helpful votes
5/7/11

Per fellow SJ user Alex P.'s recommendation, I started perusing Lookbook.nu and now have it as a daily part of my everyday 'must-check', just as I do with the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee and James Franco's Tumblr (that one's for you, Alex!). Lookbook is a user-generated fashion website full of striving fashionistas who want to show off their hipster looks to the world. There are probably a hundred or more submissions a day - I can't get through them all in one sitting is for sure, and you can "hype" (vote) for favorite looks and follow certain fashionistas.

Unlike the Sartorialist, lookbook.nu can feel a little 'young' at times - nevermind the fact that most of the people with their photos up are between the ages of 14 and 26 (I surpassed that range long ago). However, I find the design of the website pretty brilliant - you never have to click on any "Next page" button. You just scroll and scroll to your heart's desire. Most of the outfits I find to be misses, but the thought that the next one may be hot is what keeps me going...

alexp9
4/26/11

If you need fashion inspiration and want to look through hundreds of photos - some actually very well shot, not inferior to fashion magazines of guys and girls in too-hip-too-chic for you poses, brand flaunting and genuinely clever outfits - then this is the site for you.

Or if, you're one of those people looking for a community to join, lookbook is the place for you. I should add these are all user submitted photos, which makes it slightly less artificial than generic model layouts in x magazine.

Questions? Get answers from the lookbook staff and other customers.

lookbook?