JBikes.net

JBikes.net has a consumer rating of 2.98 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about JBikes.net most frequently mention customer service and front tire problems. JBikes.net ranks 17th among Bicycle sites.

No positive highlights yet

• We purchased a beach cruiser from them that arrived with damage to the frame.
  • They have some lowest prices but they have one terrible customer service.
How would you rate JBikes.net?

“Awesome basket”

Brianna A.
5/7/17

Got my basket a day earlier than expected. Fits my bike perfectly and is very sturdy. Color is just a tad off than the color from my bike but you would never know unless I pointed it out. Also super excited that I can bring my little chihuahua on bike rides due to the baskets able to hold up to 10lbs. Haven't had a bike in about 10 years so I'm very excited about this addition to my new bike. Thanks!

“Worst place to buy a bike!”

Manuel R.
5/21/16

When assembling the bike the wrong chain cover was in the box and no screw. Customer service on the phone and in the store were awful. I had to drive 40 minutes ways to excahnge the chain cover im here and the have the wrong piece again. And the lady at the store was giving me a bad attitude. I wouldent give it any stars but for the review it needs at least one. First and last time ever shopping at this place. Im going to see if i can get my money back some how?

beach cruiser (11) customer service (9) sales tax (3)
richards241
June 28th, 2016

I bought my first beach cruiser and had it assembled at the LA Puente store. The bike looked great and couldn; t believe I got the bike I wanted flr such a great price. The customer service was excellent too. The chin guard didn't fit and he owner. Johnny did a lot of work and kept in touch with me until we got the right part. I would recommend JBikes to anyone. Great prices and great service. I know I will be going back there for all my bicycle needs,
Thanks again Johnny!
Richard S from Fullerton

kellyl58
August 24th, 2015

I was shopping for 4 cruiser bikes and came across J Bikes. They answered all of my questions prior to I placed the order for store pickup. I had them assemble the bikes and put on some accessories. They were very knowledgeable and professional staffs as they claimed they are. Unlike other reviewer had a whole different story to tell, my overall purchase with them was an excellent experience. Visit their stores and see for yourself. I would recommend them!

briannaa10
May 7th, 2017

rickr22
September 16th, 2013

Bought a Beach Cruiser for the summer of 2013. Had to drive from Long Beach to Onterio (90 miles) round trip. Bike failed, broke down. Ball bearings where peddles go in to frame failed. Another 90 miles to have it repaired. Another 90 miles to pick it up. After a few days, failed again. Another 90 miles to hear they were ordrering parts from Mfg. Another 90 miles to pick it up when fixed. After 2 days, it failed again. This time I asked for my $$ back but no dice. OK, going back tomorrow n another 90 miles. Will let u know what happens.

jl51
J L. – JBikes.net Rep

Hi Rick. We do apologize that you were having issues with the bicycle that you had purchased from us. Since the bicycle was purchased with assembly service of $25-$35, there is a one year warranty on parts and labor that is included. This allows you to bring the bicycle back to us for as many times as you want within the year for free inspections, replacements of parts and labor as long as it falls under the normal warranty. Unfortunately, our bicycle tech did examined and replaced the parts each time you were here and did determined that the issues could've been due to wear and tear (since you had confirmed that you were using the beach cruiser as your main mode of transportation), and not due to any manufacturer defects on the bicycle. We had also provided you with free accessories to compensate you for the inconvenience since you had mentioned it was difficult to find a ride to our location to have the bike inspected. If you do continue to have problems with the bicycle, you are still more than welcome to bring the bike back in for us to inspect it for free, and we will be happy to assist you. Please call us at 909-332-3288 if you do wish to make an appointment. Thank you.

juliem40
August 29th, 2013

My husband and I were well pleased with our experience at J Bikes. We are looking to go back for another purchase. Service was good, conscientious with follow through, and in fair timing. We were also happy with the pricing. We have no reservations in recommending J Bikes.

stephaniew108
May 12th, 2017

I have a purple bike and I got a teal basket to go with it. I'm ready for beach cruising this summer!

manuelr25
May 21st, 2016

kellyc101
March 10th, 2016

I ordered a bike yesterday from Jbikes but had questions about my purchase I was never able to get In contact with the seller the phones didn't work and I emailed and didn't get a reply. I had to get paypal involved and the seller canceled my order right away and refunded me. I know they felt that this was good customer service but I would have much rather received a call or email from the selling to address my questions. Very disappointed to NOT be receiving my bike, Signed bikeless

annv17
December 26th, 2016

Love this pink basket. Goes so well with my pink and white Cruiser.
My basket arrived this Thursday ahead of the day it was suppose to arrive on 12/27.
Just in time for Christmas.
You can't ask for more than that.
Thanks,
Ann Vallarelli

tammyb13
September 12th, 2013

I bought a beach cruiser at jbikes in ontario ca, on sept 11 2013. The service was very good, very polite and helpful. I was very happy with the selection that I chose. I would return for more products.

Tammy Besneatte, Moreno Valley CA

scottb255
February 14th, 2018

BUYING FROM THIS SCAM ARTIST IS LIKE SUPPORTING A TERRORIST. Robbed me for computer work and never paid. Low life trash dont give him your business

deannas19
April 5th, 2016

I ordered a bike online from this company, could never get a hold of anyone on the phone as their lines do not work, they did not include my apartment number in the shipment and tried to charge me extra money for them to change the address as they put stipulations on the delivery that only they could call. I fortunately got fed ex to deliver by explaining what the company was doing. They also warned me that if I didnt pay the extra money they would charge my car for return shipping. Worst internet purchase I ever made, I will always read reviews in the future as this company has many bad ones. Thank god for FedEx or I would of never received my bike.

johnw285
April 22nd, 2015

They have a crappy website that does not function correctly. When I tried to make a purchase from them, they reserved $239.95 from my American Express card but could not complete the transaction. When I called them to ask them to release the reserve on my account, they were too dumb to know what I meant and stated they did not have my money. I have to wait 8 days for the reserve to expire because they do not understand financial transactions and sadly have an I don't give a crap attitude.

jimf64
June 26th, 2016

JBikes is a good company to do business with, john is a real person to talk to about any problem, he will follow up. I have purchased two bikes from them and plan to purchase another very soon.

chrisl24
August 16th, 2012

I ordered a bike from them and received it in a timely manner but, it did have a good size dent in the frame. I called and talked to Stacy, she advised me to take some pictures and submit a claim to their claims dept. I did and after a couple days I got an email saying they arranged for a pickup and I just had to box everything back up to leave on my porch. I called a couple days after it was picked up to see when they replacement would be shipped, since I was going to be going out of town. Again Stacy was very helpful and was able to get it expedited for me; I got the replacement the day I was leaving for vacation. When I got home, I assembled the bike and I'm happy to say I got what I paid for. It's a very impressive looking cruiser at a great price, the first bike had red rims which I liked a lot and the replacement had the black ones as shown in the picture. Either way the bike looks cool, I just wish you were able to specify/customize it a little more. Over all, they seem to be fair and affordable with good customer service and I would definitely purchase another bike from them in the future.

roxanas
May 24th, 2015

Love my L-26" urban bike. Chrome in color. Bad Ass look and rides great. Have 2 friends that will be buying their bikes from Jbikes. Ty super happy.

jamesz20
May 18th, 2016

Purchased rav X seats for our tandem cruiser and very satisfied with the online service and delivery, will use this supplier again.

Jim Zenisek

seanb47
September 3rd, 2015

Received my bike and accessories in good condition and faster than I've expected. Easy to put together and the bike is a very comfortable ride! I'm ready for this Labor Day weekend. I highly recommend J Bikes!

markn74
July 24th, 2016

JOHNNY OUR SALES GUY WAS SUPER HELPFUL I RECOMMEND THIS SHOP TO ANYONE. WE PUT ARE BIKE TOGETHER IN ABOUT 45 MIN AND WAS REALLY EASY.

THANKS JOHNNY!
MARK & JULIE

tonym57
March 9th, 2013

Ordered 2 cruisers from this site and had them for will call. Once got to jbikes shop, they already had them assembled and ready. Staffs there are friendly. Helped me carefully loaded the bikes onto my truck. Sales was smooth, clean, and quick. At first, i had hold back buying from this place since for quite some bad reviews. But since they had been here for the past few years, they probably know what they are doing... And as a result, I got 2 cruisers for my 2 daughters at a good price and friendly service.

sandya13
May 27th, 2014

I ordered fenders for my bike and they didnt fit nor did they give correct screws. I wanted to return them but was told they would subtract shipping and restocking fee. I was also told very sarcastically I was lucky I got 9 screws they usually only send six. Entire experience was terrible. Do not waste time or money on them. Worst company ever. Zero stars!

jamess334
December 20th, 2015

I looked for a bike for my daughter at 7 different stores and could not find what I was looking for. Pink 24 inch 7 speed bike sounds easy but I counldn`t find one around me at all. I went on line and when I went to Jbikes there it was within minuets I found the absolute perfect bike. I ordered it on Sunday and it was on the way here Monday.It arrived in perfect shape and the quality of the bike was way better than what I was looking at for close to the same price. I live in SC so I could never go to the store but I will be doing business with them in the future for sure.

marioe2
July 17th, 2013

J Bikes was very friendly and good customer service. Bought this for a 7 year old boy. It came all the way to Tennessee and was in perfect shape. It was well packaged. Assembly was easy and the fit and finish is excellent. The paint job is awesome. It is a cool looking bike, much like the Schwinn Stingrays of the 60's but better quality. The springer front is the best feature. And you cannot beat the price. I just wish they made an adult size.

bonniea15
September 3rd, 2015

I'm a retired teacher and needed a basket for my bike to hold my puppy when I'm out cruising. J Bikes has many selections of bicycle baskets and the people there are very patience and helpful. They had earned my five stars. If you need a quality basket, come to this place.

wendellg5
December 10th, 2015

A simple buy of a headlight with no issues and prompt service. Good follow up.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the JBikes.net staff and other customers.

jl51
J L.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JBikes.net?

Have a question about JBikes.net?