iPower

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
2.8 / 5

iPower has a consumer rating of 2.89 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about iPower most frequently mention phone number problems. iPower ranks 10th among Solar sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 36.8%
How would you rate iPower?

“Well Done and Run”

A K.
9/5/21

Well done and a big thank you to the team from iPower Ideas for the very smooth installation of my Solar system. The whole process went well and was always there to answer any queries or concerns. This was a big PLUS. The installer was professional and the premises was left tidy after work completion. I will certainly recommend iPower Ideas to my family, Friends and neighbours who have already expressed an interest to go Solar. Keep Up the great work, good to know a reputable company like yourselves is still out there!

“Worst company ever - Scam”

nadia m.
6/30/21

This company is a big scam- they are not answering your questions - I purchased a blue ebike for $1100 and they sent the wrong colour when I emailed them they said the blue one is much cheaper! I don't care if it is much cheaper, I wanted a blue one! There is no red version of that bike on their website! They are a big scam- it has been more than a month I am talking with them and still no solid answer for sending the proper item.

simonj130
January 7th, 2022
Verified purchase

I spent $1111. 00 on solar panels and batteries still waiting 3 months later. I checked out the reviews on the page and everything looked in order but when I checked for reviews online outside of their web page the stories are all similar they do not post out major purchases then you spend the next 6 months chasing down your products it seems to be multiple sites offering same items and giving out the same excuses please do not buy from them

Tip for consumers:
Stay away go to eBay and get PayPal protection

Products used:
None they did not deliver

luked150
December 16th, 2021

Incredibly impressed with the professional efficiency and customer service provided by this company.
Navigating through the endless options for solar power installation can be incredibly daunting. After having read other positive reviews I decided to go ahead with this company. From the very first phone call, right through to installation, my experience with them was of utmost satisfaction. The whole process was quick, efficient and hassle free with a very short waiting time ( around 2 weeks). The team that installed the system were also very respectful, professional and efficient in their work.

Solar

DONT USE THIS SITE

ebike

tracyw552
June 30th, 2021

Compared prices with other stores wholesaler the best by far.
We are buying and reselling there products for a profit great to work with.

jamess3912
November 18th, 2020

No phone number, no tracking, no address one sentence emails, if they responded.

3 months to get a battery after hassling them no stop and it turned up broken so didn't accept delivery.

DO NOT USE!

Reported to my bank.

nadiah66
October 6th, 2021

I have been trying to return a bike that was unsuitable to this company for more than 2 weeks. They refuse to give me an address to return it to (though they have an Australian address on their website) and are charging about $200 to return it plus freight. I have been emailing with them to try and get a resolution but they are vague and refuse to help. Don't purchase from this company, there are much more reputable businesses out there that aren't a scam.

laurencet24
August 3rd, 2020

These batteries are excellent. Just used them for the first weekend away in our camper and they performed faultlessly. I would highly recommend the deep cycle batteries. Very impressed.

beryls25
September 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

We purchased 2 x ebikes totalling $2000 on 30 July. Received the wrong bikes (both), not even the same design as what we ordered, were told the bikes we got are more expensive that the ones we ordered. DON'T CARE - just want what we ordered, they wont refund our money or send us the bikes we ordered and collect the ones we definitely don't want. They don't respond to our emails now - Definitely reporting them to higher authorities.

Don't buy from them

Products used:
Nothing yet - because the wrong bikes are still in their boxes and we don't have the ones we ordered.
They should be shut down.

bh411
April 14th, 2021

It was so easy to deal with and review ipower energy solar team, everyone I interacted with was a thorough professional. Always courteous in explaining things multiple times. Would definitely recommend the ipower energy.

trevorl110
September 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Don't buy anything from these people, the whole business is a scam which sends rubbish, no tracking details, no money back. 135 A/H battery was 1/3 weight of similar battery. 1/2 the order never arrived.
SCAM SCAM SCAM

Tip for consumers:
Do not use iPower.Energy as products are rubbish and took 3 months to receive. Return policy requires you pay to return but return address is not valid, therefore no refund. SCAM SCAM SCAM

None

tanyac293
September 29th, 2021

Absolutely disgusting company that scams their customers.
Got a lifetime to wait for your purchase? Then waste your money with this company you have come to the right place.
Want to write to the company to find out where your order is and get a 3 word response that doesn't answer your question? This is definitely the company for you!
Want to pay over $1000 to receive what you DIDN'T order and wonder where your real order is? Ipower is the place to buy!
Want to receive emails from their staff member James who is a complete IDIOT and by just reading his email responses you will lose IQ points? Then purchase from these scammers, because I can guarantee with 100% certainty you'll need to contact these idiots BUT you also won't get a straight answer from them!
Want to ask for a refund for a product and delivery that you have paid for? Of course ipower is the place to go... but you won't get your money back!

I highly recommend avoiding this company like the plague!

Tip for consumers:
Don't purchase from them!!

Products used:
Purchased a massage chair that is yet to arrive and can't get a straight answer from the person answering their emails

melo23
October 26th, 2020

Shop around you won't find a better deal compared to the prices offered here
Arrived within the week
Tested and works will be back for more

trevorw121
December 4th, 2020

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS Co.

No phone number
No address
Don't answer emails
If they do, just a few irrelevant words...

Did receive batteries after 5 wks and lots of emails.
WRONG batteries sent
TOO SMALL
NOT WHAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR
Tried to return...
After lots of emails
NO RETURN ADDRESS GIVEN
NOW IN THE HANDS OF CONSUMER PROTECTION...
Also been to bank.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!
VERY UNHAPPY
WASTED OVER $2500

davep639
August 31st, 2021

I bought some of their '200ah' batteries which are not spec described on their website. That is because they are not selling what they are advertising. The batteries are less than half the size that they should be, weigh about a third of what they should, and when I tested them, rated just under a third of the amp hours advertised. Absolute scam and I should've known with that price. Don't be fooled or greedy, this will burn you. Have reported them to ACCC and NSW Fair Trading but seems they are still operating. They trade as a few different names, Maverick butteries, GS, overstocked.

aussiee
December 1st, 2020

Must say the purchase all went smooth and I checked the bats when I got them they are doing great in my dual set up system camper van
What was a let down was courier delivery driver he left them at my door step which could have been stolen if I had not come home early from work they should take delivery it to the back yard and leave at the back door
And not at the front door.

johnh5910
October 26th, 2021

Bought 2x 200ah lithium batteries from them. Neither had the amp hours marked on the battery and both batteries tested at 2 different battery shops proved to be duds. Neither took charges. Have been trying for 8 months now to get my money back and reported to Fair Trading and the police. Multiple company registrations. Beware!

Stay away!

Products used:
I bought two lithium batteries, both were duds.

hiltonw7
February 10th, 2021

Sealed battery arrived leaking acid. No reply from website or phone. Do not recommend dealing with them

Tip for consumers:
That the site seems to be con

None

dit6
February 1st, 2021

Really Good Site
Will be back and buying more gear for the complete off grid system.
The delivery arrived ahead of schedule.

lloyds134
December 16th, 2021

Waiting 45 days for a solar panel, cannot supply any eta or tracking details, this company is a scam, avoid at all costs

Tip for consumers:
ipower and power distributors are not interested in assisting, total scam site

not received

hugha31
October 20th, 2020

I orderd a battery through this lot, good price to meet my needs. 2 days after being notified of dispatch, I requested a tracking number. None was given, instead I was informed to allow 22 business days for delivery. Nearly 6 weeks later after several blocked emails. From my personal email, I sent an email from my govt account enquiring about the status of my purchase. Later that evening I received a text saying my order had been cancelled and purchase amount 228 refunded. The corresponding email stated refund would be 208, they do claim a restocking fee for returned items in their conditions. As this was not a returned item and the order cancelled by them, I asked for an explanation. Also pointing out that if full refund was6not received I would take the matter to the ACCC. Yet to see response. These people are a scam Do Not purchase from them.

jonothanl
February 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Ordered 200ah battery. Received unlabelled uncertified battery no larger than 50ah. No phone number listed to call and resolve this. No contact from seller.
SCAMMERS.

Avoid ipower.energy

Products used:
None. Trying to return to sender.

malcolmj50
June 7th, 2021

Any one looking to go solar STAYAWAY from Ipower energy.
I ordered 2 flexible panels and received 1 flexible and a week after a glass and aluminum panel and the will not send the correct panel and pick up the wrong one
Demanding I pay for the return of both in original packaging for a refund as the first was correct it has already fitted so cannot be returned

nicolas114
August 3rd, 2021

We've been connected to iPower for about 6 months now I think. Really happy with products. Great customer service when I had to call them and we are pleased to be supporting a honest business. Recommend.

testt107
August 2nd, 2020

I purchase off these guys, found the underlying business was Gok Sek. They are conmen with terrible products and shocking reviews. Please steer clear.

Top products quality and delivery runs my caravan like a dream

By Bill M.