Con artist's and really annoying they are still up on google trading under same name and nothing has been done to stop this fraudulent behaviour.
very misleading, false adverts about online support, they make promise's that don't happen, I should have know when there paypal account wasn't working that the whole thing was a scam,I requested my password off them some 2 months ago and still have not recived it, would have got my credit card company envolved but at the time I had more important things on my mind, avoid this site all the false promise's once they get your credit card number they are gone and they will not reply to any amount of Emails requesting a refund as they are Scammers
They don't respond to queries, The offer of additional software is bogus. There is no live support. All in all, give them a miss :(
As above, I too fell into the group of fools that fell for this site.
A couple of things I learned from this though, always check forums for services you intend to use found on any website. And if you used a VISA card to make a purchase, you are automatically covered by VISA for payments made on services or products paid for (on a Visa card) but not received. So if you can provide proof/evidence that you did not get the service you paid for, they will refund the money back into your account. You have to do this through your banks Visa department. It took about 2 weeks to get it all sorted from when I called my bank. And in this case I sent a printout of the web page offering the service guaranteed with no exceptions and the cheeky message (after I made my payment) that I would need to wait for an update of their services as I am using IOS 4.1. Those 2 documents along with a copy from a well known site forum (yours truly) was enough evidence to refund the money, no questions.
I hope this brings a close to this guy's thieving spree.
Get creative people - just search for 'iphone unlocking' on Google and click on their adverts every day. Get your friends and family to do it too. They've got to be made to pay.
- www.iphoneworldwide.com is currently advertising on Google Adwords - please search for 'iphone unlocking' and you'll see their sponsored PPC adverts claiming they can unlock all phones including the new iPhone 4.0.2 operating system
- The following page states they can also unlock iPhones on 4.0.2: http://www.iphoneworldwide.com/3gs/
- People pay £20 and then received access to the members' area (note the Paypal link doesn't work)!
- The members' area then contradicts their Google Adwords claim and says they can't unlock 4.0.2
- In some cases double payments are taken - call your credit card company immediately and ask them to open an investigation to get your money back
- There is no 'live support' on any one of their websites (please try clicking the link and it will take you to a form page)
- Various other website functions don't work, e.g. different languages and the so called 'support area' - www.iphoneworldwide.com/support
- There is no telephone number or address contact and falsely claim: 'Used by Apple Store Employees'
The following may help you get your money back, or at least will make you feel better by hounding them!
- iphoneworldwide.com is registered to a Mr Andrew Williamson in Spain - see here: http://whois.domaintools.com/iphoneworldwide.com
- There is Spanish address and phone number you can call: Calle Capellania 6, Mojacar, Almeria, 04638, Spain +34.0034950475800
- The following email addresses are stored - email him too: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viewspain is listed in Leigh-Surrey online directory to tel number: 01306 611123: http://www.leigh-surrey.org.uk/biz/biz.htm
- Viewspain.com is also listed against the same number to address: Pat Po$#*!, Brook Cottage, Shellwood Road, Leigh, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8NZ http://bit.ly/9gLrLR
- 01306 611123 is Pat Poc o. c k 's telephone number and links him in some way to Andrew and potentially this scam - this number goes to an answer machine with his voice - here's his website: http://bit.ly/akuPGD
- Andrew Williamson is on Facebook pushing his other portfolio of bogus sites http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21408318320&v=wall
- Here's his Facebook activity http://bit.ly/c99iUZ and Facebook account http://bit.ly/bJSm3i
- He also lists http://www.liberartuiphone.com (liberartuiphone) as one of his sites that is also a scam,e.g. the published phone number 0208 133 5193 is dead
- To make things worse he's running a Porsche 996 convertible on your money in Spain - http://bit.ly/94IRdL
***STAND UP AND TAKE ACTION PEOPLE**
Let's post all info with find out about Andrew Williamson (Will) on this site
This is a scam site. I just lost £20 as they falsely claim they unlock iOS4 and they DON'T! They don't answer emails and there is no live chat - it just goes to a form page! There is no support too - the link doesn't work. I've done a Whois look up on the domain and here's the name: ANDREW WILLIAMSON, Calle Capellania 6, Mogacar, Almeria, Spain +34 0034950475800 - email@example.com - call him and DEMAND your money back.
SCAM site: iphoneworldwide or iphone world wide dot com
(I don't want to put their URL here as that would give them a backlink).
Anyway, they say they can unlock iPhones on 4.0.2 - I paid and then in the 'Members' area they say they can't do it. They have actually stolen my money as there is no phone number, live support is not working, no address and they don't answer emails. I told them I was going to write up my experience and theft on forums and review sites but still no response!
MAKE THEM PAY: Do a search on Google for 'iphone unlocking' and click on their advert - we've got to make companies like this pay.
I too paid £20 for the software and when I followed the instructions it tellsme that it does not support the device. All their claims about support/money back garantee is crap. The support website does not exist. Can we do something and report them to someone to scam them out. I am sure there are others who have been hit by them, I vouched to see that everyweb site that I contribute to drag their name down.
beware this is a scam website, it is not based in the UK. there is absoulty no response to email or phone everything on their website is available free, and they are a company which charge you £20 for selling free stuff and on top which it doesnot work when you complete it it say don't pay for this software since it free. judge your self.
BUYER - BEWARE!!!!! This site takes your $$$$ and sells you software that you can obtain for free once you have paid the $$$ you don't get much if anything. Their "Live support" and "Customer Support" telephone are both bogus and if you try to send a request for help you will not ge any replies.
I only had a fairly short time to look at this, but there aren't the the number of complaints that you would expect if the site were a known ripoff. The site and the owner aren't entirely complaint-free, but I don't think this is a deliberate attempt to scam everyone.
The owner is an Australian who seems to have a solid reputation within the unlocking community; that suggests people are generally happy to deal with him. Other than that I can tell you that freely published information suggests that the site is run out of a Chinese restaurant in Spain; I couldn't comment on the validity of that.
If you want to find out more personal information about this person, it's pretty simple, but in this case there doesn't seem to be any need for me to post it here.
My rating is based on my not being able to tell whether this is a cool site or not, and not having any reason to hate it either. I would like to use a different term than "Meh" but none are available (yet).
This site is a complete rip off. YES...I paid the money for the software. Unable to download the software. Sent many message with no response. Called the phone numbers....bogus.
IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!! DO NOT PAY THE MONEY AND DO NOT EVEN VISIT THIS WEBSITE!!! I WAS SILLY ENOUGH TO BELIEVE IT LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON WOULD...CONVINCING...BUT I PAID THE £20 AND GOT NOTHING!!!EMAILED AND GOT NO REPLIES AND RANG AND COULDNT GET THROUGH!!SCAM SCAM
Customer Questions & Answers
Votes Thanks for voting!
They are bare faced liars, how can they be allowed to still trade after the quite clear lies they tell to get our money. I tried to get fraud squad to help and still-have heard nothing back from July 2010...