Review of IP2Location

Bayan Baru, Pulau Pinang 11950, Malaysia
sales@ip2location.com

fredericp11
12/15/16

This tools is quite easy to use and put in production. It changed my life. Now I can focus on my real job and automatize the cleanup of my subscriptions. I would not be able to work without Ip2location anymore.

Response from Kim I., IP2Location Representative
Thank you.
sergir
12/12/16

Best tool to search by country, in a list of 2.000 ip addresses, it will tell you wich one belongs to your country or it is from foreign country. Great allied to search for rogue access from outside your country. Subscribed to free, but will upgrade for sure !!

huangh2
12/8/16

IP2Location provides more better accuracy than others which i used before.

juanm91
12/7/16

IP2Location have information perfect to consult through to the IP, the best data bases and nice performance.

Tip for consumers: you can download trial data bases to try.

davidi32
12/7/16

The best databases with complete data. The best service with precision that I have found

Tip for consumers: 200 ip just for register.

kenl59
12/1/16

Compared to other IP location providers, IP2Location provides more detailed information and better accuracy.

maxc46
11/30/16

This tools helps a lot. big DB

ryanm138
11/29/16

One facet of my job is reconciling IP addresses with their ISPs. IP2Location is a great tool for this.

belalm1
11/29/16

so helpful services, i use it for long time

lukasn2
11/18/16

We're evaluating this service to get the city location of our users. Looks good so far.

alessandraw2
Alessandra W.
11/13/16

This is a great tool. It's just what i was after

lisenj
11/5/16

If you need to get some information on where the person is located you need to get the IP adress. When you have it you just enter it and IP2Location will in a few seconds provide you with data! If the person is on a mobile phone, its quite obvious that it will no detailed information as it will show the provider.
There is many ways to get hold of an IP. You can get the person to send you an email, and view the code behind the head. This can also sometimes be hidden or if its in a VPN, you will getting a different country! BUT, this tool has a large DB and I cant wait to be able to explore everything! :)

johnb714
10/30/16

Love the amount of information you can get
I'm $#*!en tired of internet scammers and what they are about. They almost seem untouchable with the latest technology. I've been victimized and identity stolen as well. Not to mention not making a done yet and going on 4 years+.

sixl
10/20/16

I needed to get location (country) of registered users of my website and so far my experience with IP2Location is great.

atcct
10/4/16

Love the slack integration... thumbs up!

jodiew16
9/30/16

Just new to this but have someone hacking my phone and about to try this to see how I go finding out who

mikec135
11/3/14

I'm using the free Firewall Filter IP address list. It works so well in my Apache web server.

All system administrators should know this free service.

lass104
10/23/14

when i reviewed the country IP prevention list, i got script with allow instead of deny in the code, and every ip address known to man. if i'd loaded this, my site would have been overrun. crazy.

Response from Kim I., IP2Location Representative
Hi Ias,

Thank you for your feedback. We take the data accuracy seriously. Can you please email us the steps to reproduce the error? We believe you were using the free firewall export feature. The issue should not be related to the data accuracy. We need your confirmation on this matter. Thank you.

- Kim
jimc78
6/18/14

I paid $195 for their database, and then found that it had lots of incorrect information. For example, the following two IP addresses show up ad being in Newark New Jersey, when the actual location is thousands of miles away. I looked up the same IP addresses on geobytes.com and got the correct information. The two IP addresses were 75.255.175.191 and 97.204.186.147.

Response from Kim I., IP2Location Representative
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your feedback. We take the data accuracy seriously. Our QA team will look into the IP address range reported and fix it in the future release.

- Kim
joec20
10/12/11

IP2Location helps you quickly find your IP address. It also has a tool to find the location of an IP address which then provides more information about that IP address such as ISP, Whois information and other relevant information. This website is particularly useful for website owners and community moderators dealing with spam and abuse.

Questions? Get answers from the IP2Location staff and other customers.

4 Photos for IP2Location