Review of iHerb

info@iherb.com

10 reviews with 3 stars

ellenr38
1/15/18

I did not receive my order, contacted iHerb via chat. They said that my package was delivered (left by the front door), but could not provide the carrier name and recommended to open RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). The first RMA was rejected, so I opened another one and also a claim with Paypal, because I used them to pay for the order. The second RMA was approved, iHerb will give me a refund. I still not going to order from them again, but at least they gave me my money back. I still do not know how they shipped it, but from the tracking info the package was on a truck out for delivery in a town that is 3 hours away from my house...the tracking details do not have a carrier name.

meis14
9/27/17

I live in UAE and I got my orders within 5 days, all in good condition, I ordered baby food, soap, lotion and food supplement which have cheaper price compared to local market price. The only draw back is when I want to repeat the same order the shipping cost become so expensive, which doesn't make sense.

dannib2
4/24/17

They made a special offer of 5% discount - but upon checking the details of the order I realized that it wasn't applied... The costumer service suggested they would apply it manually.
Plus, I submitted some products reviews, but for some reason, they didn't presented some of the critical reviews that I wrote... what made me suspect that all the reviews thing is not really trustworthy...

Too bad... they have a nice web shop

ks149
5/14/16

I'm considering ordering something from this site, but I have noticed that many of the positive reviews are repeated at least once verbatim by the same poster. This makes me a bit warier of the site than I may have been. Should I still try it out?

heleng4
4/8/16

In my last review, I recommended that people were careful because of the potential import charges that a package could incur, even on a small package, so I was very careful with my last order, double checking that it wasn't over the maximum £15 so I wouldn't get charged. I had some reward points to use up so I think it came to around £15.96, and then when the £1.45 rewards were off it came to under £15. Sadly, I didn't know that iherb.com disclose the original price so I was charged again by royal mail and border force. it seemed utterly ridiculous considering it was only £0.96 over the £15 threshold, so I complained to both royal mail and border force. Borderforce are complete baby wipes and wouldn't budge, but I guess they would if the same happened to them, but royal mail were helpful and refunded me all the charges. This time I had only ordered a few lip balms and lip tints, so beware when ordering from iherb.com. Make sure that the £15 threshold is below even with any reward points deductions. iherb.com is especially useful for the Crazy Rumor lip balms, which I love and are use too expensive to order from eh crazyrumors website itself because of ridiculous shipping fees.

Tip for consumers: For UK orders, keep it below £15 even with the reward points to avoid the £8 royal fees and import charges by border force

Response from Robert R., iHerb Representative
We understand your frustration, but unfortunately these charges are out of the control of iHerb. We do have the following information in the shopping cart when you select Great Britain as the shipping destination:

Orders over £15 via Postal Airmail may be charged a Value Added Tax (around 20%), a Customs Duty (around 12%) and a flat £8 from the UK Royal Mail as a handling charge.

When you use Airmail, which is delivered by Royal Mail, it is less likely to get assessed these fees, but it still does happen on occasion.
beek10
1/29/16

My product was detained by Malaysian immigration - didn't realise there's a law against importing supplements. Anyway, they said that many supplements in the USA according to National Geographic are mass produced in China n sold as if made under quality processes in USA. What do u say to that.

mikeb217
11/10/15

I recently purchased 6 jars of an Indian simmer sauce from them. The first order arrived with 2 out of 6 broken glass jars. They were bubble warped but packed on top of each other. Customer service was responsive and quickly sent me replacements but alas one of them arrived smashed in the box. Obviously amateur shippers. I give up...

jennyl46
11/8/15

I don't like the toothpaste for children 1-4 years old. It has good taste and smells good too, but I have a feeling that it has no effect. The only advantage - your child can eat it and definitely will like it.

yil11
8/26/15

Fast shipping, low prices. Items take a while to come back in stock.

martinb55
12/10/13

Great products. Good Prices. Slow shippers. My last order took 12 days to arrive. The web site claimed 1-3 day expedited shipping via UPS. Due to the slow shipping two of the items froze and had to be discarded. This order may be my last.

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?