Review of Hobbylinc.com

Braselton, GA 30517, US
Tel: +1-706-654-2518

stevenb516
1/28/19

I have been purchasing items from Hobbylinc for a year now, approximately 10+ times. I am into O Scale trains, 1.72 scale World War II airplanes and 1.700 scale military ships. Hobbylinc's prices cannot be beat, but that is far from the only reason this company is tops in my book. Their selections in so many categories are awesome! Often offering multiple choices of manufacturers for the same item. Also, Hobbylinc keeps you informed of the progress of your order, the shipping of it and if an item in your order is backorded, they will ship everything else in your order and then your back ordered item as soon as it is in stock and that portion of your order is shipped free to you. Of all the orders I have received, all are packed extremely well and actually delivered on time or sooner. I have spoken to their customer service/order line a few times, and the associates are always helpful, friendly and strive to make sure you are informed and satisfied. For all of your hobby needs, do yourself a favor and go to Hobbylinc.com and then enjoy your experience. Plus, their rewards program is another great benefit! Thanks Hobbylinc!

waynes209
1/17/19

This site is really my only online choice! read some other reviews and yes, shipping can be slow, that's your choice-you can pay for faster shipping! I try to plan ahead and the standard shipping is fine! Also have had good results with customer service inquiries. If a popular item is out of stock, just click the e-mail me when in stock feature it works! Great job Hobbylinc employees!

mariop57
12/7/18

nice hobby store order from there a lot no problems there are a nice variety of models and model supplies if you didn"t deal with them you should check them out

raymondb123
11/17/18

Have learned to trust Hobbylinc with any and all of my hobby needs. Excellent customer service and selection and rewards. Orders are always shipped promptly. Thank you Hobbylinc!

geraldb116
11/11/18

I'm very impressed with Hobbylinc customer service. My order was lost in the mail and even though Hobbylinc wasn't obligated to replace the item they sent me another kit anyway. They'll be getting all of my business in the future.

jacobh127
11/10/18

Cool site gives you reward points and shipping is very fast. The site has awesome customer service. They sell a lot of hobby supplies and you can read reviews and look a pictures of the product.

hilmanj
10/2/18

i have placed many orders with hobbylinc and i can say that they are one of the finest if not the finest companies i have ever used. orders are shipped on time,arrive on time and i have never had any reason to complain or even contact them

jamiec159
7/19/18

DONT ORDER FROM HOBBYLINC...I used to order from them alot...new management--they failed to deliver the items and they wont resend...You want to give business to smaller vendors...but they just dont have the service of Amazon.

larrys365
7/14/18

Thank You for a great ordering experience. Availability of product, easy web site to navigate and order, great communications via email, FAST SHIPPING, secure packaging. Appreciated,

garyl246
6/30/18

hobbylinc has a large selection of 1/72 scale Napoleonic sets not easy to find out west in Ca. Thank you guys

scrulld
5/27/18

Great place to get all your hobby needs!, the best prices, great costumer service, awesome discounts, always fast real fast shipping!!!!!!

all70
5/12/18

I'm a full time model builder; I purchase about 1K per month in all manner of hobby supplies ranging from paint and scratchbuilding supplies to kits. Hobbylinc is at the bottom but they do carry a few items I can't get elsewhere so I am stuck.

Shipping speed is slow. They take on average a full week to get your order processed; most others get it done in two to three days tops.

They use the cheapest shipping option which means you can add at least another week to the shipping, i.e. two weeks.

Their packaging leaves much to be desired; I got my 24 inch styrene shapes sent to me in an 18 inch box; they bent the styrene into a horseshoe to fit the box!

I use Scalehobbyist, Sprue brothers, Modeltrainstuff and Trainworld first; I only go to Hobbylinc as a last resort, mostly because of the shipping issues.

randys154
5/7/18

The selection was great ! Delivery was great. I had no trouble at all with them. The prices were very good.

danielc260
3/27/18

I am a very satisfied customer and happy to give my rating. Every time I have placed an order and received it, even when the USPS is not so kind with the delivery of a package, Hobbylinc has proven to be there with care, kindness, concern and service to make me a satisfied customer. Even when USPS doesn't deliver, Hobbylinc does. Hobbylinc is a 150% Company earning the best rating possible and more. Thank You for your care and hard work.
Daniel, a satisfied returning customer.

robing75
2/10/18

Very disappointing ordered product Dec 15 apparently on back order that's fine haven't heard a thing back to date although my charges have gone through customer service not the greatest don't know if I will use hobbylinc again

rodb37
2/5/18

The product came right to my PO Box in just over a week. Everything was there in perfect condition. I also enjoy getting the sales promotion in my email.

jonw79
12/27/17

I have been buying from Hobbylinc for many years. The reasons: great selection; competitive prices; good service. I will continue to use Hobbylinc in the future.

chark4
12/10/17

I have had several orders from Hobbylinc. My husband likes to do paint by numbers and has trouble finding ones he has not done Hobbylinc has more choices . All the orders I have received have be exactly as ordered.. My only warning is do not wait too long to order, since it is a small company, It takes a while to get to you.

josepho48
8/18/17

Where do I begin? I placed an order on 8/10 and it didn't ship out until 8/16!!! How does a business like this operate??? All my items were in stock...it shouldn't take 4 business days (There was a Saturday & Sunday between the 10th to the 16th) for in stock items to ship out. I also paid for Priority shipping....but Hobbylinc and their infinite wisdom shipped it First Class Package. I'm sorry, but If I pay for a service, I expect that service. Third, I ordered K&S brass angle; Hobbylinc decided to shove these into a box they weren't meant to fit in and lovingly curved them to the point of almost being unusable. Their idea of packing material is popped air bags. Brilliant.

What an absolutely embarrassing company to do business with.

Tip for consumers: Don't

chucke4
7/19/16

I've been buying from Hobbylinc for many years and have always found their prices hard to beat. My only negative comment is that from order to their shipping date can take days. Maybe they should hire more help in the shipping dept.

fredd470
1/18/16

.I ordered williams co.Sparow-hawk model plane kit . the kit's directions did not match the Ikit- the spars between the wings were too short. there was alot flashing on the molded parts.

jasonc111
12/5/15

I went to the hobby line web site found the truck my son was wanting for Christmas and it said in stock so I bought it. The next day I received a email from hobby line that said my truck was on back order until mid January. So I called and the customer service person was nice I expressed my displeasure and asked for another truck the same price range or above and then they were no help they said they would not charge my card until it was shipped so I asked to cancel my order. Then I looked at my account and they did charge my account and now 3 days later I'm waiting on a refund still . I will never use this hobby company ever again and I will tell everyone I know not to use it thank you

rogerg32
10/9/15

I emailed them to complain about the time it takes for them to ship an order. This is the response I got "As we have clearly listed on every item on our entire site, most products take 1-4 business days to ship. This is how our warehouse is set up. This is part of how we keep our prices low and vast selection of products available. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are not Amazon, we are Hobbylinc.com. If Amazon is more satisfying, we encourage all consumers to shop where they are happy, even if that is not with us.
We do our best to keep the prices low, but with this, our departure times tend to be a day or 2 behind some other vendors. Thank you and we appreciate your business."
This was my first and last order with them. Not to mention I will refuse delivery on my order when it arrives. I refuse to do business that could care less about it's customers.

fredg19
6/3/15

I ordered a kit from Hobbylinc's "solid-hull wooden ship" section of their online catalog, but was sent a different kind (not solid-hull) of model. They refused to allow a return of the unopened package. I am stuck with an expensive product that i cannot use. Don't trust their claim that they will accept return of unopened boxes.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe their claim that they will accept returns of unopened merchandise.

janc38
1/29/15

Ordered 5 paint by numbers kits on 4th January, 2015. Finally got an email from them saying they had been trying to contact me (bull - no emails received) to say they could not get one of the kits and that since I had not replied they had cancelled that kit and were sending the four others. I am silly as I didn't check freight, but thought, hey it is only some small boxes, it couldn't be that expensive. But I get debited nearly an extra $90 from my credit card. Unbelievable. How can freight of a small parcel be that expensive. Still waiting for the goods, which at that price for freight should have been received a long time ago. Never deal with them again. Recommend anyone in Australia never use them. :(

Questions? Get answers from the Hobbylinc.com staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Hobbylinc.com