Review of HobbyLink Japan

Tel: +81 283-27-2352
dealers@hlj.com

alanl144
7/25/18

HLJ suspended my account, remove all my warehouse items due to I logged a bug on PayPal side on not honoring my currency exchange using my credit card. I got charge the amount with PayPal exchange rate. This was not the case on the last couple payments. So, is that true that next time is there a problem like this happen? Don't report any customer issue and let PayPal continue to dishonoring their payment option?

gregr65
12/25/17

what started out as good service in way of prompt replies to emails.. and an allowance to remove a item from cart or private warehouse-assuming with full credit. I have NOT received credit/refund for that item -after bout 3 weeks..(1/32 phantom)..I was expecting credit to my account..which would come off the future , larger purchase . secondly.. i added a 1/32 scale B-17 to my warehouse... but it was NOT showing up in my private warehouse after some days..... so i think I added again..(I thought it must have expired or ?? who knows ?? problem with the site ??..I certainly didn't want 2 of them ....) now i find out weeks later that it was APPARENTLY in there (which meant i had 2) and now have been charged for it
I have emailed about it..and getting told - too bad stay clear of these people..and there are cheaper stores anyways ill be getting money back thru my bank. full control over private warehouse..no actually that is NOT the case fraudsters !!

gabic5
10/12/17

Bad experience with them. Though I was getting a deal for a kit which was £30 but I ended up paying £43 because they failed to disclose at the checkout that I will get charged import fees in uk. They just want the money and when I gave them direct feedback about this they were not really interested. Sneaky way of getting your money and not interested in customer care. Sorry but never order from you again

fuuk
3/17/17

I found two of the anime items I've been looking for in HLJ! All I can say is their products and services are amazing and they are definitely one of the best anime stores out there! They offer discounts as well and shipping was very quick! Love them!

aiyah
8/13/11

I've been an HLJ.com customer for a couple of years. Usually anime goods are hard to come by but you can always come and order online instantly. I pay for SAL shipping because it's cheaper than EMS/FedEx for me. I had no hassles of them charging my card and getting my order out in a timely matter. One of my favorite online shops they have not just figures but doll clothing, magazines, fun goods like tote bags and Cospa t-shirts.

joelh1
8/17/10

Oh, HLJ.com. Where do I begin?

I am particularly interested in Japanese toys, such as Bandai, Yamato, and Kaiyodo's Revoltech line. If you're out for that bag, then look no further.

The layout and search functions of the site are wonderful. The account menus are great. Their inventory is awesome and not flooded with "out-of-stock" items like some webzone retailers. Sure, it will display such items, but you have to do some digging to find them. It isn't anything like Angolz.com in that regard.

The prices are pretty good for what they have to offer. Often times too they will have sales on their inventory and offer some smashing prices for those luxury collectable toys, like Yamato's Valkyries. Hang in there and you can find some great, great buys.

I think the thing that blew me away was the shipping. They offer a variety of shipping options if you're in the continental US, but I highly recommend going with Federal Express shipping. There may be cheaper, much slower alternatives, but Federal Express will get your order in no time flat. They're the ninjas of the shipping world. I've had an order from HLJ.com with Federal Express that beat UPS ground shipping. Sure, comparing speedy air-mail with ground shipping probably isn't fair -- but I am still impressed that something on the other side of the planet got here faster than something within the continental United States.

Oh, but I feel I'm getting off track a bit. HLJ.com processes orders in good time and you can use a variety of payment methods.

In a nutshell, if you're seeking an international hobby shop that has those overseas toys you crave, go with HLJ.com. They can get you that eastern taste of plastic faster than anyone else on the planet. You will not be disappointed.

Questions? Get answers from the HobbyLink Japan staff and other customers.

HobbyLink Japan?