The Helpful Things Company

The Helpful Things Company has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The most common issues with The Helpful Things Company are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate The Helpful Things Company?

“Items for sale on the website, but the company has no stock and still take your money!”

Colin A.
12/20/17

Dont be fooled by this companys name they are anything but helpful, even though their website states Friendly customer service - we care about your shopping experience. Let me explain; I ordered a Heated Body Warmer from the companys website at one forty-two in the afternoon of Monday 11th December, fully expecting to receive it within a couple of days due to the fact that the website also clearly states; Fast and reliable packing service - orders placed before 3pm Monday to Friday and in stock dispatched the same day. I immediately received an email confirming the order, but with no despatch information. On Tuesday afternoon, due to the fact that I had still not received any despatch notification, I called their Customer Services. I was told that Philip, who I now know is a Director of the company, would call me back. The company did not keep this promise! On Wednesday morning I called Customer Services again to request despatch information and a likely date for delivery, and was told that they would get this information and call me straight back. This time I did receive the call (not from Philip, but from the same Customer Service Advisor I had just been speaking to), but did not receive any of the requested information, only being told that Philip had said that the item would be with me before Christmas. By now I am obviously getting rather suspicious about whether or not the company can supply the item with good reason, as it happens. On Monday 18th December I received an email from Philip informing me that they were unable to supply the Heated Body Warmer as the supplier had gone out of business, and that I would be receiving a full refund. So here I am, with days to go before Christmas and no present for my wife due to the total unprofessionalism of this company, who quite obviously did not have the advertised item in stock when I ordered it, and then took a full seven days to inform me of this fact. On the day after receiving the email to inform me that they could not supply the Heated Body Warmer they still had the item for sale on their website in the size that I ordered, even though they know that they have nil stock and cannot supply it. It is now eight days since I placed the order, and I am still to be refunded the monies paid to this company for a non-existent item, so I have begun a dispute with my credit card company to recover the sum paid.

colina10
December 20th, 2017

Questions? Get answers from the The Helpful Things Company staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Helpful Things Company?

Have a question about The Helpful Things Company?