This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Havefunteaching.co.uk

Havefunteaching.co.uk

Havefunteaching.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Havefunteaching.co.uk ranks 217th among Travel Other sites.

How would you rate Havefunteaching.co.uk?

“I think it, s legit as they said everthing in august...”

ivy p.
1/24/10

I think it, s legit as they said everthing in august in england and thats whats happened. I applied through them and worked at the kindergarden and its fun. Be open minded as the culture will be a shocking and a nice expierence. If you want to contact me then email me *******@hotmail.com, thanks and il help u if i can

“Please avoid this company at all costs”

Ross P.
9/6/10

Please avoid this company at all costs. I've recently just got back from China after being taken for a ride by them. I hear the site has been taken down and the company are under investigation. I think JamesO's post summs them up very well. They do nothing for their money, just pass you over to a Chinese company who find you the jobs. This company is run by two Chinese nationals called Coco and Lucas, two of the most unsavoury characters I've ever dealt with, and I got off lightly! One to avoid for sure.

ivyp
January 24th, 2010
rossp
September 6th, 2010

One to avoid for sure.
frankb5
January 29th, 2010
My friend went out before Christmas to china, with this company. I thought I might apply and go after the new year. Been down for a interview, and now am packing my suitcase got my visa back and booked my tickets going out on the 28th Feb. Can't wait:-)
alexs11
April 4th, 2010
Scam scam, shame most forums are deleted, ie, ones with their address
jameso2
August 27th, 2010
Note that in the following description, I have used £ sterling for convenience. Take into account that salary is paid in RMB (Chinese currrency, £1=10RMB)

This company was run by two brothers. One whose name we were told was Elliot Nash. This company is a piece of thieving $#*!. They had been running for one year sending teachers to China and even spoke about expanding to Japan. The problem is that this company does not send people to school, they just find anyone, those that even don't have the ability to teach, and give them to another company called Omega in Shenzhen for them to locate a job. You were told in England and on the website that the salary ranges from £500-£950 of which they take half for 4 months, which can only be known when you arrive in China.
It was also promised that during a half year stay, 50% of the airfare would be reimbursed as well as the cost for the stay in the Hotel in Shenzhen, before leaving for your placement. Which is approximately £15 per night.
Upon arrival in china they change what they have said that you have a starting salary of £500 which then can increase monthly depending on performance, still taking half for four months.
They find me a job the following day and a leave a few days later on a sleeper couch which costs £36, across half of china. I was told that i would be residing in an old historic cultural city, which was a lie and in fact they placed me in a metropolitan area. Teachers were forced to sign contracts before departing to their schools.

After arriving at my location i spoke to the school and they had no knowledge of any obligation to increase salary, and they believed that it would stay at a constant £500. The company has continuously lied to the teachers throughout the trip. Recently it has been found that English International's boss Elliot/Billy Nash has stolen the teachers salary, as salary is paid to English international then rerouted to Omega and then paid to the teacher. He is said to have stolen £20,000 and flown back to England.

In the contract it states that English international is to pay the sum of the airfare and hotel expenditure. Omega is taking no blame for Elliot Nash's/English International disappearance and they are forcing the teachers to pay the full contracted amount. Omega is also to blame for this ridiculous problem because of their structure with English International.

Therefore currently, we are stuck here receiving minimal amounts of money and used by the thief Elliot Nash. I have to say this has taught be a lesson that you need to fully understand the function and coordination of a company before you use them. Even if they questions are intrusive they are necessary. Does anyone have any advice on how i can find Elliot Nash. Please email me at *******@hotmail.co.uk.
kirstyb1
May 11th, 2010
My sister went to China in Feb and was firstly forced to sign a contract in China that she didnt understand and then was told she was to work in the city, she was sent somewhere near Mongolia and then re-sent back down south all in 3 days. She is now working in a school but its been 3 months and she still hasnt been paid, she complained the other week to the agency and was told that 'China is a big country she is all alone and she had better do as she is told otherwise she will get snatched'. She still hasnt been paid and is stuck out there until i can send cash to get her home as again the agency havent paid any of her travel expenses. This isnt the only bad experience with this company, there are thousands of horrific reviews all over the internet and i know for a fact that employees of this company are the ones that are putting bogus positive stories up so they can coax people into working for them. IF YOU WANT TO STAY SAFE AND GET PAID WHILE WORKING ABROAD THEN DONT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY
richardm1
January 2nd, 2010
Website looks a bit dodgy, and the offices in leeds felt a little thrown togeather... they had 1 room on the fourth floor of a building near the headrow... forsythe building i think? Not contacted the china office yet. I got offered the job and asked to send a cheque to the embassy for china but made out to some 5 star holiday company. Wanted to check up on the company before sending any money.
kk1
January 17th, 2010
I got offered a job with English International, and yeah they only have one room on the fourth floor of the Forsyth Building on The Headrow; i accepted my job and did send my passport/money away for my visa from 5 star china holidays. I recieved my visa a couple of days ago, and i am flying out on the 10th of february. I did check out this company before accepting, but since then i have seen a few bad comments popping up about English International, any information would be really appreciated.
timb
February 23rd, 2010
Im in the same boat, have an interview in 3 weeks with them, 'meh' isnt a fair option really, im just after some genuine backround on them, it seems a little too easy to have got an 'interview' and ob don't want to be landed in deepest china with no way to get home. Any info greatly appreciated, *******@googlemail.com, i will pass on anything i get too :)
chrise2
December 31st, 2009
Not sure if this site and the business is legit been to the office based in leeds looks as if they had the full 4th floor available to them also rang the office in china and there over there as well could do with a background check on them any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

We were led to believe the company had gone bust that Billy (one of two Brothers called Billy and Adam Parr) Co owners of the company had been arrested once he was back in England for the colossal theft that had been reported. It was also stated that Tim (the tall one in the office) a silent partner had fled Leeds and was running from the Police. Adam (the calculated and articulate one) had avoided all charges. Now I read that they are back under the name of POD and it makes my blood run cold. I had a VERY hands on experience with this company last year, I knew the teachers and their stories and as far fetched as they seem every single word is true. Imagine your worst nightmare in a Communist country where you do not speak the language and they do, completely at their mercy or (as happened last year) sacked in seconds in the foyer of a rented Hotel and left to fend for yourself. Please excuse the following profanity but Vicky (Ivy) or Mudan which means Flower, your real name in your Province of Hunnan I believe it was your bull! Chokes me. I can tell you names and give you case studies of people who went out there and what happened to them I have files containing the details of their Chinese "experiences" from a young Scottish girl called Deirdre who was chased down the street by Lucas (owner of Omega the Chinese company people refer to above) to people like Mark who got out by pretending to go to the interview and was later cornered in a cafe and made to pay an extortionate 9000RMB to terminate his contract with and I quote "his arms in tact". Please, please please for the love of God if you are thinking of going out there with this company DON'T! You can dismiss me as a disgruntled employee (and they will try) but I wasn't I served my time quietly collecting information for use in the UK. You can read this and think to yourself "that's one guys opinion, I'll make my own mind up" like two best friends did and find yourself sitting in front of a laptop in a noisy training room trying to be interviewed for a location undisclosed... It happened - Damien was sent to a rat infested hole where he could see through the roof at night (we are talking big bloody rats), Richard got sent to Hunnan (12 inches of snow) in shorts and a t-shirt and nearly froze to death in the Airport at the other side, Chris was sacked because they wanted to put a girl in his school after 3 months and moved to the outskirts of Shenzhen where you have to be a mountain goat to get to your school miles from civilisation... There are more in fact last year alone there were 178 people all of which with horror stories and none of which got what they were promised. Please I beg you if you are a parent reading this for your child be a good parent and say no you can not go! They may be upset but you save them from a terrible fate you protect them which lets face it is your job. If you're a potential teacher let logic guide you think can all these people be wrong of course not your opportunity may lie in China it is a beautiful place but it does not lie with this company. I am so concerned about all of this starting up again that I am going to bookmark this site and every day after School (I am a Teacher) I will log on to this blog and answer any questions you may have - PLEASE ask me the questions don't find out for yourself because trust me when I say not all experiences are worth feeling for yourself. In the meantime I will speak to the teachers I am still in contact with from last year and tell them about this blog, the new site and the new name. Don't be fooled people.

By Tony M.