GuruAid.co.uk

GuruAid.co.uk has a consumer rating of 4.71 stars from 58 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GuruAid.co.uk also ranks 13th among Tech Support sites.

How would you rate GuruAid.co.uk?

“Excellent Service.”

Noel B.
1/16/19

Very helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. They talked me through the whole process and were very patient with someone who is not particularly computer savvy.

“SCAM”

Hannah M.
4/17/16

DONT USE THIS COMPANY. I am a young student who almost was tricked out of £90. In a vulnerable situation I turned to a company I believed to be related to Microsoft. I was misled and had my computer hacked before me. Thanks to this website I managed to stop this before I have over my bank details. Please don't let yourself be tricked out of your hard earned money

clarissam31
January 12th, 2019
Mohammad Sagir was so patient and helpful. Overall an excellent service. I am very satisfied......
martinc210
September 5th, 2018
shrikant was very helpful, and put me at ease with regard to all the assistance that can be provided on my computer. very satisfied.
noelb49
January 16th, 2019
hannahm35
April 17th, 2016
DONT USE THIS COMPANY.
brycec19
January 23rd, 2019
excellent work understandable comprehensive polite courteous. by Mohammad sagir........................
rogern33
October 18th, 2017
Improved visual service and 'chat' session helpful. can see what action is being taken. Whole process quicker and immediate than previous year using text messaging.
anthonyr265
September 19th, 2018
As usual a thorough and efficient service done by Prasad in good humour great technical knowledge and heroics in having to put up with a novice like myself.
my regards to all service personnel.
thanks.
johng1102
September 4th, 2018
I was having a problem with my Hotmail account so Googled "Microsoft technical support.". First listing seemed very much like Microsoft company so I went to the site. It turned out to be Guru Aid, which skillfully made it seem that they were contracted to Microsoft to provide free advice and support to users. I used the 0800 number provided and the representative told me he would solve my problem. I asked if they were contracted to Microsoft and he said they were. I naively accepted his word and allowed him remote access to my MacBook Air. After a little while of him commenting on how slowly my machine was running (it had not been!) and how it needed a good clean-up (it is scanned every week!) I became suspicious. He then he would have to pass me on to a more senior colleague, and that this would involve a small charge I immediately told him I would seek Apple's advice on the problem and closed my laptop down. Two days later the inevitable happened....my machine went crazy and a message appeared saying I should call Apple Support immediately for help on the 0800 number provided. A quick check confirmed it was not Apple so I rang the correct number for Apple and explained my issue. The representative was brilliant and very reassuring. She said she would be able to trace any malware or adware that may have been planted, and would be able to remove it at no cost (Apple actually mean it!). By screen-sharing she guided me through everything I needed to do, detecting several alien plants, and how to remove them. Thank goodness, no use had been made of them, they were just lying in wait to be remotely activated. This is the first problem I have ever encountered in 25 years of owning and using computers (my own fault I admit) and I have absolutely no doubt that it occurred as a result of my contact with Guru Aid. I find many of their excellent reviews on this site to be incredible and would suggest people thinking of using them to refer to some of the American sites carrying reviews. They are horrendous!
rajs44
February 15th, 2017
Its really useful and effective way of securing your computer/ laptop without going to the service centre. You can be assured about your devices safety.
maureenb33
January 13th, 2017
Service is excellent. Technicians have a lot of patience and are most polite. Would recommend them to anyone.
davidr1004
September 18th, 2018
Very pleased with the service. sagir would recommend to friends.
it was great service .i like it.
Sagir put me at ease with regard to all the assistance that can be provided on my computer. very satisfied.
ritah84
December 18th, 2018
Shree has been most helpful today in sorting out known & unknown problems with the operation of my computer. I always find the help I receive is very good and you are most patient as I am not very bright when it comes to IT matters.
joycer42
November 7th, 2017
I would recommend GuruAid to my friends and family.A very good service. Patient,helpful.and explained things that I could understand perfectly.Technition efficient , attentive ,and friendly.Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity. I am very satisfied.
warrene5
2,439 helpful votes
December 1st, 2014
Did a little research on this company . . . .

It kind of raises a flag when a company has so many "5 star we love it reviews from accounts that only do one review." Usually they are paid/or fake shill accounts trying to hype their ratings . . .

Currently they are using all these domains:
guruaid.com
guruaid.co.uk
guruaid.ca
guruaid.us
guruaid.net

More info below from several other sources.

complaintslist.com

Average rating: 1.09 out of 5?
Average reported loss: $1,004.54?
Number of complaints: 53
Complaints of high pressure sales tactics

----------

Among other warning signs to be careful:
Web Of Trust: - Ratings are disabled, WOT has detected unusual behavior on the scorecard and new ratings has been disabled.
(usually means shill (fake) accounts are trying to tamper with the sites ratings)
----------

Here is a link to answers at microsoft:

Some quotes, from the microsoft link above:

- I called tech support for Vipre Antivirus and a RogerJim from GuruAid.com
(WAIT: If you called Vipre Antivirus why did you get GuruAid? Seems someone might be misrepresenting
themselves)

- Very sorry for your experience however GuruAid is NOT the Official Microsoft Support
no matter what they claim.

- Avoid tech support phone scams

- Hoaxes and Scams
davids713
March 16th, 2017
Superb customer service from highly competent staff. Guruaid' tech is very good. Guruaid service is excellent.
johns1590
January 7th, 2017
The response was fast, the explanations clear and helpful. and the agent was informative and very helpful.
pamelag24
January 27th, 2016
When you need computer help GURUAID is there to help. They have always been able to fix all of my problems. Don't know what I would do without them.
Thank you so much.
marionh21
March 17th, 2017
The service I received today was excellent and the operator was extremely helpful and knowledgable. I would definitely recommend Guruaid to my friends.
lindam483
December 5th, 2017
Just spent some time, well spent, with Prasad
He gave information and support and my pc is tuned now and my iphone, very happy
gillianh11
March 29th, 2017
A very good service very prompt attention and pleasant people who are very helpful.
Technician is good & effective.
johnt375
February 23rd, 2017
I would happily recommend Guruaid to anyone very helpful efficient service, value for money without a doubt.
rogeliom10
July 7th, 2016
Reception was very cordial, service was prompt and fast. It made me feel I don't worry anymore with any problems, I know I will get immediate help 24/7.
terencey1
December 12th, 2017
to long can you do this faster pleaseto long can you do this faster please

to long can you do this faster please
phillipm40
February 11th, 2016
My old computer was having issues partly due to my inexperence with managing a computer and its settings among other issues. I could not get the AVG Anti-Virus update to take. The GuruAid staff was helpful and taught me some things at the same time while resolving the issue.
anthonys155
December 1st, 2016
Over many years, my wife and I have benefitted from the Guruaid service and it has been very helpful, especially when we have had quite serious problems with our computers, which I use for work, where it is necessary to have it fixed quickly.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the GuruAid.co.uk staff and other customers.

GuruAid Technical Support for Major Third Party Brands -Call Now for 24/7 Online Technical Support for Computers Hardware, Software & Peripherals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GuruAid.co.uk?

Have a question about GuruAid.co.uk?