Gumtree Australia reviews

Tel: +44-77-02216286
safety@gumtree.com

junaidh
7/19/17

absolutely terrible , never use this service if you want any results the terms and conditions are ridiculous and I can't even

roberts588
4/24/17

Very surprised by the criticism of Gumtree, I like the site, bought about 5 items of seller's on there, never had a problem, also got a few jobs from there & i think a rental property once. I like it, as it's like Freeads (the paper) I used to buy, but it's free & there's pictures. Not sure all these negative posts are genuine.

jonathanj28
3/5/16

Someone needs to shut down gumtree.com, they are a useless site, they are spying on my conversations and repeating word for word what i said to another user who scammed me off some money, they also did nothing to get my money from that user, they have no staff on hand to assist anyone, utter rubbish their site is, why on earth do people use them ? go to http://www.viewmediaclassifiedservices.org.uk/, its a much better site than gumtree and their staff are very friendly and helpful all the time, View Media Classified is 100% better than gumtree.

stewarts19
5/27/15

It never stays up long enough!!

The app is crap!!

I can't go on

It truly is a rubbish site that just doesn't work - do yourself a favour and buy a local paper or use Loot if that's still around

davidp107
12/9/14

I recently had a professional web site builder place an ad on gumtree for me and then I paid an extra $10 to gumtree to put my ad at the top for 7 days and when my 7 days was up they said my ad was deleted for no reason whatsoever. When I protested I got no response at all. The product is an electronic security product and is completely legit.I have the same ad on e-bay and they have found no problem with my ad. I only sold one unit off gumtree so they did me a service by deleting me. The site is a waste of time and I have found it is better to spend a bit of money on professional sites.

ys15
10/11/14

No help whatsoever available! No phone number, jabberish notes coming up when you are trying to initiate Chat, simplest FOR SALE ad not going through for mysterious reasons, all I want is to help an elderly friend sell her settee. They can check phone numbers, for God's sake! Tried to email them to explain the problem, the site wouldn't accept the email. It really beggars belief! The pits.

robertw82
2/12/14

While this website and really good and one of the best ad free websites ever, I wouldn't really recommend this to a friend. Partly, because of some of the items on there are not described properly or incorrect and mostly because of the lack of communication between the seller and the buyer.

One experience that I had with them was that I was looking for a Tower PC to buy and I had found one for roughly £30. The item and not been there for long (it was probably more than 12 hours, I think) and it was in the area that I lived in. I had actually phoned the person who was selling the computer and as soon as he answered me, he disconnected the phone call before I had the chance to ask him. I rang again and he told to **** off and go away (sorry for the language).

It's a good website but you would have to be careful on what you are buying or if you are negotiating with the seller.

nickr39
9/2/13

We placed an advert on their website for our custom banner printing service, http://www.custom.uk.net/5-custom-banners for 30 days. The advert was to sell our custom printed products. We sell hundreds of these items every week via other popular sites and from our own website. We were hoping to appeal to a larger audience and chose gumtree. They currently have a TV advert running and thought is was a well known brand. The advert did not bring in any sales. Gumtree market themselves well for sellers but does very little to promote it's services to buyers. Ebay and amazon on the other hand market to both seller and buyers. I asked Gumtree for a partial refund and they declined. If you want to sell something, pay the extra and use ebay.

arthurd2
9/2/11

It's essentially the classifieds sections of you newspaper, online.

The site is full of people selling items from kettles to three bedroom houses. The site splits the Uk into areas, so you can search for you desired item by location.

It's funded by advertising, so it's free post items.

johnh47
5/4/11

Probably one of the best free ads websites in the uk.
Find anything you like from a car to a new wife.
Search by area and by category. I have found the site to be OK and have used it many times in the past. Cant say Ive seen any scammers, but Im sure they do exist on a site of this size.
Overall - Its OK.

jayf1
8/7/10

Beware this site is full of scammers, and to be totally honest i think it is run by scammers

Questions? Get answers from the Gumtree Australia staff and other customers.

Gumtree Australia?