Green Building Supply reviews

Green Building Supply, 118 W Burlington Ave.
Fairfield, Iowa 52556, USA
hello@greenbuildingsupply.com

monicac132
11/13/18

Just used this to finish the wood paneling in a bedroom. It was wonderful to apply, low drippage, beautiful finished result when dry. We used Gloss as a first coat first, then Matte (per their instructions - I usually put matte under gloss, but following their recommendation on this, and it seemed towork well). Sanded lightly with 600 grit inbetween coats. Is IS quite odorous to apply, but dries quickly and the odor seems to dissipate fairly quickly. Overall very happy with this product, and delighted to have found it! Will definitely be ordering more for the rest of the house.

karenf302
KAREN F.
11/6/18

I have ordered from this company quite a few times now and they have amazing customer service and product shipping/availability. Thank you.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Karen! We appreciate your review and your loyal business.
donnat314
11/5/18

Shipped the day after I ordered, received in another 5 days. 1 week delivery, excellent service!
Box was very sturdy for 4 gallons of Safe Choice Super Clean. Not just the regular flimsy cardboard box that would have busted with the weight.

devc6
Dev C.
11/4/18

I like the company and the products, in general. Nice having one place to look at healthy building supplies.

ericg195
Eric G.
11/4/18

Everything worked well. Appreciated the thoroughness of the information and the ability to order samples.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your review, Eric. We appreciate your feedback!
stevenh447
Steven H.
11/3/18

Quick and concise replies to my questions about your products. Good shipping speeds and price. And you're commited to the environmentally safe products. What's not to like. Thanks again

kayd69
Kay D.
11/2/18

Thanks for giving us an inexpensive option to test out your paint to see how well we can tolerate it.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you, Kay! We're glad we could help, and we appreciate your feedback.
jennys185
Jenny S.
11/1/18

Amazingly informative website that helps people like me who know Nothing about home improvement. I was able to make sound decisions after thoroughly reading the item descriptions and watching videos on how different mediums were prepared and applied. It saved me from making some crazy experimental mistakes and bad shopping choices

marya318
Mary A.
10/30/18

I have multiple chemical sensitivities and am so grateful to have Safechoice Carpet Shampoo available from your company. Your website is easy to use. Great shopping experience.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you, Mary Ann. We're glad you had a great shopping experience on GreenBuildingSupply.com and appreciate your feedback.
matthews426
Matthew S.
10/29/18

Not bad but shipping is overpriced. Probably wont shop here again do to extremely high shipping costs. Cost more than the product.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Matthew. We are always looking for ways to lower our shipping costs so we can pass the savings on to you. We actually have more than 150 items that ship free. Many others have subsidized shipping rates.
terib43
Teri B.
10/28/18

glad you offer samples. Wish when I clicked "continue shopping" it took me right back to my list of options...had to start my search new each time I wanted to order another sample.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you, Teri! We appreciate your feedback, and will certainly take it into consideration while we work to make ordering samples a smoother process on our website.
benjamint34
Benjamin T.
10/26/18

The customer help on the phone was friendly and very helpful. The website ordering process is choppy and pretty bad on mobile.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Benjamin. Yes, we are working on making the experience better on mobile. We're glad to hear you got good help on the phone.
monicac97
Monica C.
10/26/18

When I called with questions about the products, the agent I spoke to was wonderful - very helpful and I really had the feeling she was honestly steering me to the right products, not trying to make a particular sale.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Great! Thank you for your feedback, Monica. We're glad we could help you find what you needed.
jessec122
Jesse C.
10/24/18

I was able to find the product I needed due to the great product information provided and the ability to easily compare products on the website. I have yet to use the product I purchased, but will be happy to write another review once I have experienced the performance. Shipping was on time and packaged with care.

barbaraj50
Barbara J.
10/24/18

Excellent. The information provided regarding the products is very informative. I look forward to getting the samples and going ahead with one of them.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Barbara! We appreciate your order.
edgaro23
Edgar O.
10/22/18

Easy to use website, product arrived in a timely manner. Little to no smell, great adhesion. Maybe over a military discount.

kentonm11
Kenton M.
10/21/18

So far, everything sounds good. I'm anxious to see how well I like these products, as I live with a chemically sensitive individual.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you, Kenton! We appreciate your order and your feedback.
viviand33
vivian d.
10/20/18

Just ordered samples of a cork and carpet flooring. Your sale prices on cork made your prices comparable with "big box" stores.

cindys415
Cindy S.
10/20/18

Comprehensive website that I've recommended to other people. This is my second order of samples. Still looking for the right color and type.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your business, Cindy. We appreciate your referrals, too. Be sure to let us know if we can help you find what you're looking for. Eco Advisor are available at 800-405-0222 from 9-5 Mon-Fri or 10-4 Sat (Central Time). We’re here for you before, during and after your project.
gabriellep18
Gabrielle P.
10/19/18

Have been ordering from Green Building Supply for several years now. I have been very pleased with my purchases with them! Will continue to use their services. Thank you!

lynnef42
Lynne F.
10/19/18

Cynthia remained on the line with me answering my every question.
She was lovely and so helpful. Customer service at its best!

kathrynt47
Kathryn T.
10/17/18

Always easy to navigate this site and love that I can call and get a REAL person for help and advice. Thank you GBS!

michellem421
Michelle M.
10/17/18

Customer service was very helpful. We now just need to find a contractor who is willing to work with these products to complete our flooring projects.

marciab73
10/16/18

Timely delivery,cost within reach, easy to use Interface, all makes buying online with Green Building Supplies satisfying. Would like if the supplier could help with the shipping cost.

barbaram357
Barbara M.
10/16/18

Have purchased from this company many times and absolutely love and appreciate the ability to buy products that are safe to use.

Response from Aaron H., Green Building Supply Representative
Thank you for your loyal business, Barbara! We appreciate it.

Questions? Get answers from the Green Building Supply staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Green Building Supply