Green Building Supply reviews

Green Building Supply, 118 W Burlington Ave.
Fairfield, Iowa 52556, USA
hello@greenbuildingsupply.com

monicac132
11/13/18

Just used this to finish the wood paneling in a bedroom. It was wonderful to apply, low drippage, beautiful finished result when dry. We used Gloss as a first coat first, then Matte (per their instructions - I usually put matte under gloss, but following their recommendation on this, and it seemed towork well). Sanded lightly with 600 grit inbetween coats. Is IS quite odorous to apply, but dries quickly and the odor seems to dissipate fairly quickly. Overall very happy with this product, and delighted to have found it! Will definitely be ordering more for the rest of the house.

donnat314
11/5/18

Shipped the day after I ordered, received in another 5 days. 1 week delivery, excellent service!
Box was very sturdy for 4 gallons of Safe Choice Super Clean. Not just the regular flimsy cardboard box that would have busted with the weight.

marciab73
10/16/18

Timely delivery,cost within reach, easy to use Interface, all makes buying online with Green Building Supplies satisfying. Would like if the supplier could help with the shipping cost.

brynns2
9/2/18

I have ordered non toxic paints, stains and other products from Green Building Supply, and have always been totally pleased with their prompt service. Whenever I've talked with them on the phone they are super helpful

genec62
8/30/18

took 15 plus days to get my stain had it sent to Vermont the brand of stain is a Vermont brand i'm glad the deck was for my grandmother if it was a customer's deck the project would of been sent back two weeks just didn't work for me sorry

michelles635
8/30/18

Extremely satisfied with the wood stains, no odors. Products arrived within delivery window. Website and checkout easy to use.

jenniferb660
8/27/18

I ordered a sample to do a small job. Low smell. Came with instructions and was delivered quickly.

hollyk61
8/18/18

I'm so glad that Green Building Supply provides such a well curated collection of non-toxic and environmentally-friendly building supplies. Their web site is so informative, and their customer service is knowledgeable, kind, and considerate.

laurav96
8/15/18

The samples came quickly, accompanied by a booklet with lots of information about how to install and care for a Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc floor.

lucasb75
8/14/18

The product came quickly and the service representative was friendly. My complaint is that although the product which was recommended to me by the service representative is effective, it has VOCs and this was not communicated to me. The room I am working on is indoors with only a small window, so it has been some trouble to ventilate. Had I known that this product had such off gassing, I probably would have covered the floor with snap-in, rather than spending hours removing the paint which is already a difficult job, and less pleasant with a respirator on.

kathrynp56
7/27/18

Great product. I ordered too much however, and they were not very clear in how to let me know how much I would need. "It covers 100 linear feet" is not a measurement that anyone in the U.S. uses much. I'll be sending some of it back and now I have to pay for the shipping on that. But, it was still cheaper than buying on Amazon.

sk140
S K.
7/18/18

I did not get all the samples. Missing one. I really haven't followed up with them yet, but they've sent several emails and they did answer 1 of my questions. The product is good quality. I'm looking at mamoleum.

angelicaf10
6/9/18

I love supporting companies that want to make the world a better place. Love the better, healthier product choices you guys offer.

timothyw87
6/2/18

This is the company I've been looking for that makes eco-friendly all-natural products of paints and flooring for the home. As an Eagle Boy Scout, I've been concerned about the environment most of my life and was recycling aluminum soda cans at my high school on the First Earth Day, April 1970. Consider these products before you buy, and they are worth paying a little more than regular products. The regular products are cheaper because of synthetic materials made out of petroleum which I learned while working at SUNOCO one summer during college on an oil tanker.

maryl596
4/27/18

So grateful to have this incredible source of information and products not easily found elsewhere! Joel has an incredible wealth of experience and information that he shares with customers.

kimberlyb137
3/21/18

Love Greenbuildings nontoxic products. My daughter and I are chemically sensitive and had no trouble with this adhesive at all. We used it for our tile backsplash.

elizabethd148
3/20/18

The samples I ordered came promptly, and I am inspired by the range of colours. i will certainly use Marmoleum when redoing my bathroom. Some contractors had heard of it, and some hadn't.

norms7
3/15/18

The resources, customer service and overall philosophy of the company makes them a pleasure to work with.

susani19
3/8/18

The samples I ordered came very quickly and exactly as ordered. We ended up buying from a local brick and mortar retailer to support local jobs and taxes. But if that hadn't been available, we would have gone with Greenbuildingsupply.

angelah145
3/4/18

Have used several of the products with great success. Love the safety of the products. Ordering is always easy and shipping is fast. Customer service to date has been awesome as well.

meganb96
3/4/18

Fast response to question and immediate shipping of correct items. Would definitely use this company again.

janem187
Jane M.
2/27/18

I only do projects for myself.....mostly small. It's great to have found a good product, from a good company, that I can order online and have delivered cause I live in a small rural town. Your service is efficient and your follow-up is nice to have. Thank you. Jane

taral68
2/22/18

I had a number of questions about my purchase, and customer service was very responsive. The product is excellent and the finished floor looks great.

shaylam2
2/17/18

Communivation was good, shipping was fast and the product is good! I cant complain. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
;-)

lindam503
2/6/18

arrived yesterday afternoon via a fedex freight 18 wheeler which made the delivery interesting into a tight RV park (wouldn't have been possible in-season at the beach) and workout for me - no worries there i needed it. the shipper sent it on a broken pallet which gave the driver a hell of a time getting it unloaded. thus far don't see any damage other than roughed up edges on a few of the boxes of flooring. didn't expect the flooring to be 6' long sections all one length = a lot of cutting for my installer. stay tuned . . .

Questions? Get answers from the Green Building Supply staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Green Building Supply