Review of Gonetoosoon.org

Gonetoosoon.org reviews

1 Review From Our Community

jasong
7/9/09

It's not until you lose someone close to you, that you realise just how hard it is to keep their memory alive. I recently lost my sister, but living the other side of the country to where she is buried means it's not possible for me to visit her grave as often as I would like.

A friend recommended that I take a look at www.gonetoosoon.org which is a site that lets anyone create a memorial for someone you've lost. I have to admit that I've only had access to the internet for a year and I'm not what you would call "good" with websites, but I found this site very easy to use. You even get to choose your own web address unique to your memorial, along with writing a personal eulogy, an unlimited number of photos. You can even have a favourite piece of music play whenever you visit. All I had to do was upload an mp3.

Now, whenever I want to talk to my sister, I can simply visit her memorial, see her pictures and hear her favourite music. I can also light a candle or write a small tribute to her. It's been amazing just how many genuinely nice people also use the site and within the space of just a couple of months, hundreds of other visitors had paid their respects to my sister. You can even talk to the other users on the site and I found it great comfort to talk to others that had been through a similar tragedy in life. I even let my sister's friends know about her memorial and they also pop onto the site from time to time, to talk to her.

Unlike most memorial sites that I came across, everything on Gonetoosoon is free and they also promise that they will never charge to have a memorial on the site and that it will stay online forever. The site has been very simple to use and you can tell the amount of love and effort that goes in creating it.

I would recommend www.gonetoosoon.org to everyone that has lost someone dear to them. The amount of comfort it brings me is immeasurable, knowing there is a lovely, permanent memorial for my sister.

Questions? Get answers from the Gonetoosoon.org staff and other customers.

Gonetoosoon.org?