Review of GoldenCorral

El Paso, TX 88565, US
Tel: 1-866-760-8356

jennifera58
8/11/18

On August 7, 2018, my brother, mother and myself visited the Golden Corral restaurant on NC Hwy 55 in Durham, North Carolina and were met with one of the most heinous forms of racial discrimination-- asking to show a receipt following the purchase of our meal.

As most people are aware, customers purchase their meal at a cash register located in front of the restaurant where a cashier sits and takes your money. Then, the rest of the dining experience is completely self serve. The manner in which the restaurant is set up leaves very little opportunity for a customer to steal anything or leave without paying. However, as my family and I sat down to eat our food, a server stood over our table and literally watched us begin to eat. When I asked why he was standing at our table staring at us, the worker asked to see a receipt for our purchase. I was immediately stunned but reached into my purse and handed the worker my receipt. I also asked why he needed to see my receipt when my family and I had left the cashier station only 5 minutes prior. We thought that there was no reason on Earth why someone would suggest or even accuse us of having not paid for our food. Ridiculous.

We watched as the worker made notations on the receipt and explained that he had to check for our drink purchases. I had water, and both my brother and mother had tea. What was the issue? Is this particular Golden Corral location having a problem with customers not paying? How so? And, if so, why harass, humiliate and degrade everyone else? If the restaurant is having a problem with customers not paying, then there needs to be a better way in which to handle it. The current policy is discriminatory and racist. As a paying customer, I have the right to sit down and eat in peace, without being stared at by a restaurant worker because he thinks that I stole my food. That is insane!

There is no disclaimer or sign anywhere inside or outside the restaurant warning customers of this ridiculous policy and Golden Corral underhandedly implemented it for a very strategic and sneaky reason. If customers knew beforehand that they would be asked to produce a receipt AFTER sitting down to eat, they may think twice and go elsewhere. My family and I were not the only upset diners that evening. During our meal, we saw two other parties who expressed their discontent at the receipt policy and I even spoke to one of the other customers about it. This woman stated that she was unhappy and planned to file a complaint.

If Golden Corral thinks that what happened to Starbucks could and would not with Golden Corral, the people in the corporate office are fooling themselves, only. I have pledged to get the word out via social media about Golden Corral's racist receipt policy. It is no secret that a large number of African Americans live in Durham and thus Golden Corral feels the need to keep us in check using a disgusting policy associated with an abysmal history of deep-seated racism in places of public accommodations.

When will it ever end?

howardg23
10/21/15

This store is Bad News I have did review's and I was told as of 10/21/15 to stay out he sad if I do any more he will get me for slender well he did not like the PIC or the things I had to say on how bad it was and how nasty the food and help is and how cold the food is and the stack was bad for weeks it is better but cant get how you like all so out of good food best part is pies,Cokes,cakes and ICE the help is not there to help you !/2 the time iif you do not tip for get it bath room a nasty most the time MGR sum are OK but part are not sum bark orders to help The New GM he not tat better then Old GM a hole in rug for 4 months and not fix tiles in ceiling for months black mold just had white paint over it bugs in store black flies all over out of food on sallied bare all the time and hot bare and so on

markl86
4/20/15

I went there for the first time today, I tried several types of food and it was clear to me that no effort was put into seasoning or taste. The food was bland and while it did look really good , it wasn't. I was told that Golden corral was a good place to eat so I tried it, that was not my impression. I did not try the chocolate fountain after seeing kids dip their fingers in it. I will say this the waitress we had was very nice she did a good job of clearing the plates and refilling drinks. I think her name was breanna.

seans32
4/5/14

Large variety of very mediocre food. Mediocre is being generous, it's AWFUL. Not much more to say, you want a good meal, go elsewhere.

Questions? Get answers from the GoldenCorral staff and other customers.

GoldenCorral?