Geek Squad

Geek Squad has a consumer rating of 4.33 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Geek Squad ranks 97th among Blog sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 66.7%
How would you rate Geek Squad?

“Geek Squad Appointment”

Harry W.
12/16/20

The best part about them is they don't waste your time by putting your call on hold. My PC was having some issue from Saturday night so i called them and on Sunday morning my PC was working absolutely fine. I am happy to share my feedback here.

harryw194
December 16th, 2020

michaels2305
December 16th, 2020

I would highly recommend Geek Squad, I was having some computer issues with my Excel and he was able to fix the problem very quickly. He was so professional and an extremely nice guy. Very trustworthy. I am so happy now to have my problem fixed.

bernadettes32
February 7th, 2021

GEEK SQUAD HAD terrible service this year 2020 -21! I can't get through to receive repairs this year. The calls are dropped, I am put on hold with no response, the online Geek Squad Service never works: the system fails to pick up, or drops, or cuts off the call for online remote computer repairs. Several times I was told I had to wait for 7 to 8 hours for the remote repair services through Geek squad online, b/c they were 'backed up'. 7 to 8 hours! I asked them, how am I to wait 7 to 8 hours, am I to leave my computer turned on and wait the whole time? They said: no, it's not good to leave your computer on for that length of time, and offered no solution, but to drop the online repair service request, and try and schedule another one, that you can also never schedule! I am now out the money I paid for services which were never rendered!
Customer service through BestBuy is difficult, b/c you can't get through to speak to anyone.
I called Geek Squad after 1 year of non help and no services 24/7 that they had promised, and asked for a refund, and they said they could only refund me $5.00 of the $ 70.00 I paid! (I paid 70.00 for 1 year of my subscription renewal at a discount for Geek Squad renewals) and $29.99 for their Webroot antivirus.
NOTE: I finally received a call from Best Buy after numerous attempts to contact them, and the Rep offered a gift card in the amount of my Geek Squad subscription, b/c I never received any Geek Squad services. So Best Buy did their best to make amends, so I am changing the rating from 1 star to 3. While I would not recommend Geek Squad subscription at this time, for tech support or computer repairs, b/c they are unable to keep up b/c of the pandemic or for whatever reasons, Best Buy did a good job in making amends for Geek Squad's non- service, and I was able to receive a refund of sorts.

Tip for consumers:
DO NOT USE GEEKSQUAD YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION FOR COMPUTER REPAIR OR TECH SUPPORT! IT HAS GONE DOWNHILL.. Best Buy will give a refund in a gift card if you never received any Geek Squad Services paid for, IF YOU CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE FROM BESTBUY.

Questions? Get answers from the Geek Squad staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geek Squad?

Have a question about Geek Squad?