Gaynor Sports

Gaynor Sports has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Gaynor Sports also ranks 20th among Hiking sites. The most common issues with Gaynor Sports are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Gaynor Sports?

“I placed an order with Gaynor Sports in Ambleside for...”

Roger M.
9/15/10

I placed an order with Gaynor Sports in Ambleside for a Berghaus jacket. I had originally avoided them despite them being cheapest as their online shop had dire reviews. Further delving assured me that those problems were in the past. As a precaution I called their sales helpline and it was picked up within 2 rings and my enquiry was dealt with courteously and efficiently. The order was placed on Fri 28th May, for next working day dispatch, and despite it being a bank holiday weekend it was received the following Tuesday - exactly as promised. Will definitely use again.

“BEWAREAWFUL customer service!”

NIALL H.
3/12/20

Wish I'd paid more attention to the negative reviews! Bought a Mountain Equipment gilet from them which had to be returned. I followed the returns process by paying for the return postage and completing the return slip, but only received a partial refund as I "didn't send them an email first" otherwise I'd have received a full refund. Company stated I should have used the cancellation process rather than the returns process, so clearly they don't know the difference between a cancellation and a return. Staff not willing to discuss further and reverted to "it's company policy" and the partial refund still stands, so basically "computer says no". Tried speaking to their Head Office Manager but he didn't return my call. It's not the amount that's bothering me, but rather I'm left with a feeling of being swindled and that they don't care about customers. Will never use them again and will never recommend them to anyone. Companies which behave like this need to learn the importance of customers which are keeping them in business.

niallh10
March 12th, 2020
Wish I'd paid more attention to the negative reviews!
robe66
December 9th, 2019
Very poor customer service. Ordered a Coleman head torch in March that broke 8 months later. Eventually after much chasing gaynor agreed to receive the item back. Sent and much chasing resulted in further agreement to process a refund by Coleman. Further chasing. More chasing. 3 weeks since returning item and still no refund and comms has ground to a halt now. very poor service. Customer last as is the case with many online companies nowadays. I have no item and no refund. Possibly stolen? Not sure.... will need to progress issue via alternative dispute means now
andyg133
November 19th, 2019
After buying a coat for £110 and have worn 3 times for a big clump of feathers to come out the back of it then for them to tell me it's not faulty it's the nature of the coat and trying to say I have pulled the feathers out so it is damaged and are now denying me of a refund please stay away cause too much stress
rogerm5
September 15th, 2010
cecilial38
September 5th, 2019
Careful with this company!! They scammed me. They have to refund me and scince I asked for refund they stopped answering my messages!!! Dont buy!! If you have a problem you loose your money!!!!
debc85
July 20th, 2018
My sons ordered item was accepted online at 15:11hrs, he paid for next day delivery - all accepted. Item didnt arrive next day. Day 3 I rang, was told that it should have been dispatched and I would get a call back within 1 hour, with an explanation. No call, I rang back, no answer. Email today day 4, item out of stock, refund issued.
My point is, customer service is non existent, online ordering system isnt fit for purpose as it accepts orders when there no stock, next day delivery (£4.99) doesnt really apply as if you order after 14:00hrs, it wont be processed until the following day. Rubbish!

Questions? Get answers from the Gaynor Sports staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gaynor Sports?

Have a question about Gaynor Sports?