Review of FOUND Magazine

info@foundmagazine.com

chriso1
3,140 helpful votes
10/3/09

A few years back Blue Man Group created a performance piece entitled Exhibit 13, which featured some of the papers that had drifted to the ground close by the twin towers on 9-11 (http://www.exhibit13.com/home.html). This site is in a very similar but less sombre vein, in that it too collects the miscellany of human flotsam found tucked into books, blowing in gutters or otherwise set adrift to puzzle, educate, or just mystify its finders. Whether you find it funny, or sad, relevant to our society in general or just a random selection of trash, depends very much on your own viewpoint.

I was very disappointed that the adult section of the site wasn't fully available to me running my version of FireFox with its assorted extensions. I couldn't see any images at all, so they presumably use javascript or some other clever technique which my browser won't co-operate with. So I can't comment on that side of the site, though I will warn parents that it's there and they may not want to allow their kids access to the parent site given that it links directly to adult material.

tn1
1,587 helpful votes
7/24/09

I check foundmagazine.com both out of fear and for want of laughter. I fear that one day one of my old high school letters to friends will be found and then all of my silly childhood crushes will be revealed. I also check because I know that I'll get laughter or at least a nostalgia that's not even my own. Found Magazine is both a print magazine and a website dedicated to the things (pictures, letters, to-do lists, notes, etc.) that we might find stuffed in the corners of our movie seat cushions, hiding between page 97 and 98 of a library book, left behind on a store countertop or neglected and likely to be lost to street gutters. The idea is that people can send these items in to Found, and they publish one found item a day. It's an interesting glimpse into the lives of others and definitely worthy of a looksie.

Questions? Get answers from the FOUND Magazine staff and other customers.

FOUND Magazine?