Review of FLX

pyrobot@gmail.com

12 reviews with 5 stars

jackr186
8/2/19
• Updated review

Purchased in May of 2017...awesome e bike. I have logged 5500 miles so far. Set up for commuting with a thule rack and panniers, lights, and fenders and some schwhabe tires I manage 20 mph over a 44 mile commute everyday. 36 volt 17 amphr battery running at the highest power level setting can easily deliver 22 mile distance. Recharge at work takes 4 hrs and then its back home. Considering that I'm 64 years old this is a game changer. Ride takes about 1 hr and 10 minutes each 22 mile commute. I have regained much of my youthful strength and vigor and can also pack a change of clothes, lunch, and drinks without having to become a world class rider. Leave that car home!!! SOOO Much fun!!!

“What are you waiting for???”
8/10/18
• Previous review

Purchased the Attack in May of 2017. Had some problems with the bofeili motor noise but the FLX team got the problem fixed perfectly and now with the Bafang motor you get an extra 100 watts power!! Bike has 3200 miles on it and nothing has failed. I commute 44 miles each day over country roads with elevation gain of 2600 feet per day. 17 amp/hr battery has three bars on it after 22 miles using power level 5. I recharge at work then ride home another 22 miles. At power level 5 I can easily maintain 25 mph on flats and 45 mph down hill. Up hill the gearing is sufficiently low enough to maintain a cadence above 65. The full suspension is a dream to ride....very soft and comfortable. The motor will output 600 plus watts for the first 15 minutes of hard work. Then it will settle down to about 560 watts for the remainder of the ride. I have cycled for 40 years and still love my Cannondale Saeco Team bike but there is no way I can commute day after day hauling my work clothes and lunch using my Cannondale. The FLX works and runs like a dream. Get one, get fit, and laugh at the traffic.

caitlint19
3/2/19

Solid and dependable bike. I wasn't sure what to expect but now I'm in love. It's fast and the size is perfect for me too. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the ride!

monc5
2/27/19

I'm new to SD and have had some nightmare experiences at bike shops before. So when I bent my wheel in rose canyon on a Sunday afternoon I could feel the dollar signs. I walked it to FLX and was thrilled to they were open. They did such a good job replacing my wheel that I had them tune up a bunch of other things too. My bike was ready the next day as promised and I went and bought one of their pannier backpacks to haul my weekend gear in as well. It's been about 6 weeks and the bike is still riding better than it has all year. I couldn't be happier with the service and quick turnaround. Cheers!

fredn41
9/24/18

This is the second bike that I've ordered from FLX and I can't say enough about the bikes and service that I've received. My first bike was the "Trail", put 2500 miles on it before I sold it and bought the "Blade"

Rob, Pete and the FLX gang have really put together some fantastic bikes.

The Blade is a monster and so fun to ride.

davidp795
5/24/18

Just took my White Lightning Roadster out for the first time, and OH MY GOD!! It is ridiculously fun. Thought I'd go a couple of miles. I went 10! I can't wipe the smile off my face. This bike is revolutionary, extraordinary. This bike is going to save my life! And, no, that's not an exaggeration. I can't thank Rob and Pete and the whole FLX crew enough!! I am nearly 60 years old with a lot of pain and, well, a few extra pounds. A neurological condition called Tourette Syndrome makes it difficult to sleep, and saps my energy. Biking always has helped me tamp down the pain, and relieve the crushing stress. But while I've ridden all my life, lately it has become too hard to get up steep hills. The FLX Roadster changes all that! It laughs at high hills, and it makes biking long distances possible (and fun) again. And that, in turn, literally helps save my life! It relieves pain and stress, and will help me lose weight and sleep better. I am indebted to Rob and Pete. I will not only be an FLX customer for LIFE, I will tell everyone I know to drop what they are doing and buy an FLX bike NOW. Thanks again guys. You and your amazing bike are a godsend!

Tip for consumers: Go for the 17AH battery, you're going to love it!

dano55
1/25/18

Have had my roadster for a few months now and could not be happier with it. I used to ride a scooter to work in London and get in just as quick on the Flx taking in all the parks en route. The bike its self is top quality and with the 17ah battery the range is awesome. With the assist on my commute to work is a speedy breeze but I still get a work out. Highly recommend these bikes the are so much fun to ride...

davidr468
1/24/18

I was an early purchaser through the crowd funding campain and am very pleased with my purchase. I had some problems with my bike when it first arrived but Pete and others were very helpful in resolving the issue.
My trail model bike is a blast to ride and with a little motor support flattens out the most daunting hills. I have found the bike to be a real head turner and am very pleased with the engineering and performance. I highly recommend this bike and this company. They are the best!

stephenn37
1/24/18

In all of my communications on the issues in the delivery of my bike. You have always responded promptly and have been a positive bel weather for the face of FLX.

Your attention to me as a consumer has been 2nd to none.
Please share my thoughts with Pete & Rob.

My FLX Attack has exceeded expectations. It has a nice street appeal. Quality seems to match FLX's product info.

Sagui,

All the best in your career with FLX. Your involvement in FLX, parallels and compliments everything Pete & Rob are trying to achieve as they present their bikes to the public.

It has been nice being able to communicate with you. And together resolving any issues I have had.

jeffreym98
12/27/17

We got our 2 Trail bikes 7 days after we ordered them. They were really easy to assemble from the boxes. There was just one issue and Rob and Pete reached right out to us when we told them and completely resolved it. The bikes are amazing. I loved the first time my wife tried hers and yelled WooHoo! when she started pedaling and felt the assist. Great job guys and we will be reccomending FLX bikes. We are having an amazing time FLXing.

cindyh141
12/24/17

Hello, I have had my G1 Trail for about one year now. It arrived in perfect condition in early November last year. My husband helped me assemble it in about 30 minutes. All parts were present, and it assembled easily, just as the video instructed. While charging the battery, I walked the bike up to our local bike shop to have them assure us our assembly was sound, pump up the tires, and to show it off! (They were impressed)!
I chose FLX because of their good components, design quality, aesthetics, and price point. FLX offers great products that compare well with e-bikes with much higher retail prices. Many of the e-bike brands just have a clumsy look to them. The fit of my Trail is perfect (and I am just 5'5" with shorter arms and legs). I ride in a more upright position on the FLX compared to my non-e -mountain bike, which makes the ride more comfortable and enjoyable. Clearing the top tube is no issue; there is a nice slope to the frame design.
The ride is really fun, peppy, smooth, and nearly silent. My Trail, a year later, is stock, with no modifications. I have had no mechanical or performance issues. I am not a technical, mechanically inclined rider. I just get on it and go, exploring neighborhoods and trails of the Western El Dorado County slope. I enjoy tearing up the steep hill out of our neighborhood, the one that well-conditoned, spandex-sporting riders push their bikes up. The bike has worked out so well; I have bought two more Trails this year. My husband and son enjoy them just as much. I can't tell you my speeds, miles, wattage, etc., because I don't keep close watch on that. I just take it out and have a great ride every time. Thank you, Rob and Pete for your innovating design, and courage to make a go of this. It is something that most dare not do, starting a company essentially from scratch. What you have done takes much hard work and learning as you go. We all wish you the best success.

alans168
12/22/17

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of when I made the decision to purchase my FLX Trail. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was riding my old bike up a steep hill on terrain that was very frustrating to try to navigate through. I told myself that the next time that I do this ride, itll be on an FLX. Purchasing this bike is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have made new friends, rekindled old friendships, increased my fitness and I have explored many amazing places. These are just a few examples. Every time I ride my bike I feel so grateful to have it! Looking forward to continuing this great journey. Thanks FLX! BTW, I ride up that previously mentioned hill all the time and now I smile the whole time. :-)

alexw105
3/3/17

Bought the trail, it came within a week and it is perfect! The customer service is great and helped me through all the questions I had whilst choosing my bike. They also gave me help with technical information whilst assembling my bike. Would definitely recommend!!

Hi Sanford, we're in production of Blades, delivery will be very soon. Hope you join us!

By Sagui U., FLX Representative

Yes, they did resolve the issue and I am riding an love it!

By Russ B.
Questions? Get answers from the FLX staff and other customers.

11 Photos for FLX