Review of First Editing

First Editing reviews

robq2
Rob Q.
8/9/18

Thank you Heather and please thank Christine for the fast turn over. I look forward to a continued business relationship as we add more books to the Life with Patty book collection. Fingers crossed for a successful marketing strategy and launch thank you very much guys all the best. Rob Doyling

jeanj58
Jean J.
7/9/18

I like how FirstEditing interacts with me, they are very professional, they do what they promised in terms of deadlines, and they offer the best price so far.

bj61
B J.
6/24/18

Hi Michael,I looked over the work you did. Thank you so much for the excellent work you have done. Warm regards,Brenda

andyn42
Andy N.
3/2/18

Dear Jefferson,Thanks very much for the editing. I was a bit stressed as it is my first attempt. It looks better and after removing the comments, it certainly reads better. I am exuberant!I hope to make use of your services in future.Have an awesome day!Andy

williame125
William E.
2/27/18

Dear Tereza,Thank you very much for super fast completion and doing what I was really looking for so long. I will definitely use services of FIRSTEDITING and will have no problem at all to recommend to others.with best regards,Naiknam

vrl
VR L.
2/16/18

First Editors, one of the best and affordable editing professionals I have encountered.
Their quality of work is highly professional, cost-effective and amazing.

Thank You, First Editors for helping me get my project completed.

andrewb371
Andrew B.
2/12/18

Have only had a very brief scan. First opinion is, just what I was hoping for.As a debutant author, I am much encouraged and moved by Dr. Vondas feedback.

danielm450
Daniel M.
8/31/17

Hello Max:Thank you for doing great and wonderful editing. I am well pleased with your generosity and kindness in seeing that my book meets all the required standards and the needed comprehension.

annc147
ANN C.
5/19/17

What I like the most? The personal comments about my work from my editor, Joanne, which clearly show me the way to improvement. I appreciate her honesty and the little boosts of confidence she offers from time to time.

seanr100
Sean R.
5/7/17

I had a good job done. I really think the review of my work improved my novel greatly. Also communication was very good.

billc250
Bill C.
5/2/17

Please tell Joanne she is very talented, a crisp document without clutter was what I was looking for.

julieh219
Julie H.
2/17/17

I just wanted to share with you and my editor, Jefferson, how very pleased I am with his editing work for my cookbook! I was impressed at his level of knowledge and also the time he took to give me comments on why he made the corrections that he did. I learned a lot about writing just from reading his comments! I definitely plan on using Jefferson again for my new and upcoming cookbooks. The overall experience with this company and Jefferson has been great, and I will be sure to recommend you all to my friends and colleagues. Thank you again.

seanw104
Sean W.
2/16/17

My book is my story about being trafficked as a child and the effects of that experience. Virginia did the editing and was awesome at that. It's now on sale in 9 countries out side of the United States.

aurorad5
Aurora D.
2/16/17

Some bookstores and libraries have doubts about accepting self-published books. My thanks goes to Nick. He made my book stand out. My 400 page book was finished in less than six weeks. "Your vocabulary is very good, and your sentences are easy to narrate," is what a my audio book narrrator told me. FirstEditing is just the right place for professional editing. Their coupons are a great bargain. I highly recommend.

lindas686
Linda S.
12/22/16

Dr. Michael did a fabulous job editing for me. The kindness and professionalism is great. I actually feel as though the person editing my manuscript cares about what I wrote. I love the feedback and will be continuing with the services

seanw105
Sean W.
12/22/16

My book is my story about being trafficked as a child and the effects of that. It's written from a Christian faith perspective and your editor, Virginia, not only provided exactly what I was needing, but also encouragement when she felt a particular point was well made. She is really the first total stranger who knows nothing about me to read this. It is not an easy story to tell but it has to be told, because I found freedom from that hurt through the process I describe in the book. So, I am one step closer to publication now. Thank you, Virginia, for everything. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time. Virginia has made the process easier for me

mindym20
Mindy M.
6/30/16

My personal editor, Lee Ann, was exceptional! When I called, emailed or chatted via your website, the staff was friendly and supportive.

rachelr116
Rachel R.
5/3/16

This was an amazing job! It has been a pleasure to work with both my editing consultant and my professional editor. I learned a lot that will be very valuable when I start writing my next book. I will keep you posted on when the first one is being published!! Thanks a lot again.

patriciah210
Patricia H.
8/20/15

First Editing contacted me after I noted the issue and it was resolved to my satisfaction. I appreciated that the situation was resolved, but still think the website should be more clear regarding what is offered for the price listed, with the options clearly laid out to pay more if needed for an upgraded service.

melitaf2
Melita F.
8/9/15

This is the third time I've used FirstEditing.com. Firstly to edit a 65,000 word novel, then for a book jacket blurb and now for a childrens story. I expect I'll be a regular.

susanl284
Susan L.
8/7/15

Lightening fast response with quote and sample edit. Quick and helpful online chat is available for further assistance.

williams570
William S.
8/6/15

Well we have no problem with the overall price, but when I ordered the edit I was told that I would receive a 16% discount and I have a followup email I can send you that confirms that. A day or two later I received a marketing email from FE that offered a 20% discount until 8/16. (It was not yet 8/16). When I inquired about that discrepancy and asked that I be credited the difference toward some planned future services, I was told I had actually received a 19% discount but I don't see any evidence of that.

Secondly, we have no way of knowing who edits our material. "Ken" did our first project and we were happy with what he did and requested him again if he was still available. You said he was. However, I seriously doubt if it was the same person. The style of the edit and the editor's comments were very, very different and it is easy to see that it was not the same person. "Ken" or whoever, was at a much higher level in our opinion. The biggest "tell" was in the editor's comments. Not sure if we will continue to use FE's services.
What I have seen so far in going through the edited material is okay but at the most basic level...good editing software. We were so impressed by the editing job on our first submission, "Life Stories," that we knew we would use you again. But after this time not so sure. In fairness, we are not finished reading through the edited version yet. Maybe it will improve.

Mahalo

jamesh575
James H.
8/5/15

I'm getting used to First Editing and have been real happy with the service and especially quality of the editing. Vonda really does some nice work and I'm glad she has been assigned and helping us out.

jamesh660
James H.
7/30/15

Vonda has done a great job four me and our community here in Portland Oregon.

Thank you all for your great work and service you provide.

Thank you.

Jim Hill

douglasw60
Douglas W.
7/16/15

These folks are awesome! Especially Kathy. She is so smooth and adept at handling my very particular editing requirements. You will NOT be disappointed.

Questions? Get answers from the First Editing staff and other customers.

First Editing?