Review of FashionProject

Tel: +1-844-670-1009
support@fashionproject.com

bevw6
11/3/15

I donated over 10 items all from the co's select designer brand names, most items were new with tags. I received an email on 9/15/2015 acknowledging my donation and that I would hear from them again in 10-15 business days. I never heard from them again. I reached out via email 5 times and never received a response. Their website currently allows you to shop so they will take your money but no donations are being accepted nor are their donors being granted any info with regard to how their selected charities are benefitting. There is no working phone #. A company that pretends to be altruistic is unconscionable. They only take and give nothing. Shameful.

millyl2
5/6/15

Fashion Project allows you to donate high-end, designer clothes and accessories and have the proceeds of the sale donated to the charity of your choice. Great concept!

They are highly selective on the brands they "say" they'll accept, meaning they want certain brands, but you'll find other, lower-end brands actually on the site. No problem, as I had a lot of shoes and handbags waiting for a new home and didn't have the time to sell them on eBay. I also appreciated that my charity would get the proceeds from the online sale.

4 months after shipping my items, only 1 had actually appeared on the site. Several pairs of designer shoes with zero wear and clothing from in-demand brands just disappeared. Insider reviews claim that employees go through the product and take what they want for themselves, so much of what's donated from individuals never makes it to the site. You'll get your tax receipt, but geez... I could have done that with Goodwill.

Something is just not adding up here, and I encourage other people to find other outlets for donating their designer items.

I did make a purchase here once, as I received a gift card as a gift. Was happy with the item I received (thus the 2 stars and not just 1). However, I've noticed that in recent months the prices on the site have gone up considerably. You'll find much better prices - often for the same item - on eBay.

sharonl30
4/12/15

OK, decided, good cause, would like a NM gift card, I'll give them a second chance. So I send them an e-mail to clarify a few things, like I smoke in the house so clothes will probably even if new smell like smoke. Things like that, questions. THEY NEVER EVEN REPLIED! I see they have fewer charities now, or so it seems, and their selection of items is very poor, my items are much newer and stylish, so I don't get it at all. Guess Amvets is the winner here.

stephanier29
3/14/15

It's great to donate to charity (Hint: I would be inclined to purchase here more often if more discounts were provided)

Questions? Get answers from the FashionProject staff and other customers.

FashionProject?