Review of FanArtReview

Lincroft, NJ 7738, US
tomens@fanstory.com

janets443
11/30/18

I have been sharing my art and photographs for over three years. Just a wonderful community. The contests are fun and offer a challenge. Just join. You'll love it!

cindym308
8/18/18

If you enjoy photography or art this is the place for you. I love the feedback I get for my posts. The contests are fun and challenging. Highly recommended!

angelav61
8/14/18

I have found it to be the best place for creativity and mastering one's craft. In a short period of time, I have learned more on this site, than I had in my entire lifetime. It is filled with warmth, brilliant and talented members lend a hand, teach you to be your best, while themselves providing fabulous art and photography. The staff is exceptionally helpful with everything It's great for anyone interested in art or photography for hobby or professional purposes to help them reach the top of their game.

jacks570
8/6/18

I joined for the contest but stayed for the wonderful people I've met here. The feedback I receive on my photography is very helpful. The contests are fun and often encourage me to try something I normally would not do. The people though are wonderful. It's great to get input on my photography from experienced photographers. Highly recommended.

martinw108
6/26/18

This is a review site, but if you give someone negative feedback they complain about you to the "Management" and they side with the person that is getting the negative feedback, rather than the person that is giving the feedback. There are a LOT of amateur photographers that just want their egos boosted with comments like "Great photo" and "Wow!" when the photos that they are actually posting are shockingly bad. Don't get me wrong, I don't attack someone's photo and just say the negative things about it, I try to find something good about it and say that too, as if we just slated people's rubbish work they would not improve and give up. I agree with what people have said as well about having to pay to get your photos near the top of the chart all the time, which is really just a popularity competition with the people that do this all the time. There are paid competitions where you can win cash, but this will never happen if you don't spend stupid amounts of cash creeping to the other members photos and making yourself look good. I know that as I had a few complaints against me to the "Management" that my photos in the competitions where you can win cash that they judge, instantly get dismissed. I'm not being bitter, but the ones that win this are the ones that line their pockets with cash and just give positive feedback. I've just jumped ship after a little while of being on there, and I will not look back. I just hope that people read this review and steer clear of the site and don't put yourself through the hassle and grief.

janetm133
11/12/17

The site is fun, easy to use, and the contests are terrific. I'm very new to photography. I take photos with my iPhone. It's so nice to see how well my photos are doing in every category. The review system is great. When I share a photo I get feedback from other photographers. I found here quite a few persons willing to help me. I can see from one glimpse everything I need, there is always so much to explore and I have never been bored being here. The contests offer challenges and I am trying new things such as using light to improve my shots. The site is easy to use and I like that the site has members that are new to photography like me.

tomf114
11/12/17

I enjoy shooting photos and was thrilled to find this site. It's fun to share my photos. The contests are challenging. Putting work up for sale is easy. Try it - you'll like it!

jenl71
11/12/17

Like so many of the artists and photographers on this site, I have found the community to be a great source of encouragement and mentoring. The site members have shown me new possibilities and the reviewers have exhibited honest and caring interest in helping me to improve my skills. I enjoy the contests. It's easy to sell your work (just include a price and other details). Getting started and learning the way the site works takes a little time but the support staff is always very helpful when I have a question.

sandyj40
8/12/17

If you enjoy photography or art you'll love it here. The contests are fun and challenging. A warm and supportive community looking to help you improve. A great place for the beginner and experienced artist.

cindys162
8/9/17

If you enjoy photography or art you'll love this site. I enjoy sharing my photography. But I also enjoy the artwork posted. The reviewers are friendly and helpful. The photo contests give me a chance at a cash prize every week. I highly recommend it.

angiej23
8/9/17

This is a fun place to share your photos (and artwork). The contests are challenging and encourage me to try new things. The feedback I receive from other members is very helpful. I recommend it!

donaldm100
6/14/17

It's a place where you are supposed to critique peoples art and photography and rate it so they can win "cash" which is actually credit so they can promote their work and get more views-If you do post a critique you are going to get harangued by their fan club-one woman who took snapshots of birds that any one could take was always at the top of the list-that's not all at the time I was a member there was a gand of pub crawler thugs who would team up on people and try to intimidate them and get them to quit so the leader of the pack could win his contests-when this was pointed out to the management they sided with the bullies-those member dollars speak loudly-I managed to FAIRLY beat him out in a digital art contest and then I was the target of even more bullying and vile hate messages so I got out of there-its a vanity site, pay for position hoax-save your money for art supplies or post your work on a free portfolio site-even art groups on Facebook are better than this outfit

janeh80
3/24/17

I joined for the contests. There are so many to enter with cash prizes. I stay for the terrific people. I enjoy sharing my photos.

cindyk49
3/24/17

FanArtReview is a great way to share artwork or photography with others. You can enter contests with cash prizes. I even sold a photograph. I enjoy it and recommend it.

rebeccab117
8/16/16

I joined this site and THEN I found out that it was "pay to play" all the way! Some of the most TERRIBLE art makes it to the top of the ladder simply because people are paying for more "views" of their art and the more your pay, the more you get seen, the more chances at votes you get. So unless you are rich and you don't care about the TRUE merit of your work, AVOID JOINING THIS SITE.

There has obviously been plenty of time for the company to answer this question, but they haven't. So here is the short answer - NO. There is no cash involved, except the cash you will PAY and PAY to put yourself further up in the rankings to be seen! As another viewer put it - this is a VANITY site and winners end up being those who pay their way to the top. Avoid this site like the plague.

By Rebecca B.

Questions? Get answers from the FanArtReview staff and other customers.

FanArtReview?