Review of ElderGadget

Beverly Hills, CA 90209, US
eldergadget@gmail.com

johnw47
6/30/13

I am a baby boomer, I discovered ElderGadget while watching KCAL 9, Eli Gindi CEO of ElderGadget showed me why different gadgets are suitable for my deficiencies. I got the kindle shortly after his fathers day review and the mobility and clarity of it is outstanding. His reviews are fantastic, i totally recommend checking out his website. Good job ElderGadget.

neile1
4/8/11

Having spent many years as a caregiver for elderly people I can tell you that eldergadget.com is a truly revolutionary site that not only makes finding the perfect ease of use gadgets simple and easy, they actually in their own way advocate for changing the perception of the elderly and their abilities to master new technology. Studies show that seniors are in fact the largest growing consumer group for Computers and the internet and that site addresses the concerns of this consumer group by featuring the latest and easiest to use technology. From cellphones to automobiles and televisions, the care and effort they put into every review is evident. I find myself referring adult children of seniors to the site on a near constant basis. I do not find them patronizing to the elderly at all, and fail to see the basis for this arguement.

thunderc
4/8/11

I think eldergadget may be still be a little rough around the edges, but has its heart in the right place and is growing into a solid resource for the growing market it targets. While it's easy to pick at the flaws, there are times when it's best to consider the positives and give something time to find its footing and flourish. I'm sure they would love to receive critical feedback that is constructive, such as their full length reviews being of much greater use than the spotlights. So I intend to watch them grow and give them a little prod now and again. It's a worthwhile venture, for sure.

antoniod
4/7/11

Eldergadget has useful information for seniors about a variety of products. The reviews are very short, easy to understand and emphasize what's good for seniors and baby boomers. As we age, we find that we need some things to offer larger buttons or be easier to read, not to mention that everyone likes tech that's easy to use and understand. It's not a tech website, there are tons of those.

michaell
4/7/11

A website that discusses technology for baby boomers seems like a great idea, but ElderGadget falls well short of executing on that vision. I am assuming that this site is modeled after engadget, based on its name and layout, but after a few minutes browsing the site, I was very disappointed by the quality of the content and the depth of the reviews. Most of the product reviews simply list out specs and product features, with no commentary on how it might be particularly well suited for seniors. The site also offers brain games and cartoons for the elderly, but I find them a bit patronizing. Perhaps the most useful features are the how-to guides which explain things like getting on to the internet or changing your computer settings. All-in-all, a very poorly designed website which doesn't do a good job of truly catering to the audience for which it was made.

Questions? Get answers from the ElderGadget staff and other customers.

ElderGadget?