eBid

eBid has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 141 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. eBid also ranks 33rd among Auction sites.

• Superb service and great customer support all round
  • I'm a seller on ebid and have been there for about 2 1/2 years.

• do not sign up with eBid because you are mad at eBay.
  • Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either.
How would you rate eBid?

“eBid sales vs eBay sales”

John R.
1/24/20

I have been an eBay member since 1996 and a member of eBid for about a year. I sell as many items on eBay as I do with eBid. The only difference is that eBay charges about 10% plus listing fees and eBid charges 3%, no listing fees. Over the years, I have watched eBay decline in sales, increase costs and make the rules so complex it was no fun to work on eBay any more. It used to be great. Now I am working on both platforms and find that eBid is about the same in terms of complexity. Now I do working at cultivating customers and guiding them to my items. If you do not do that, neither will work.

“Back & forth with seller... no luck.”

Phil D.
3/3/20

I recently purchased an antique railroad figurine from a seller on ebid and have yet to receive it, or even a response to my inquiries. I'm hopeful Paypal will be able to help because ebid is only sending canned responses. Can't recommend this site unfortunately.

ebay (74) customer service (12) lifetime membership (12) auction site (11) seller (64) utility bill (7) items (55) credit card (6) phone number (4) customer support (4) 2 years (5) 50 bucks (3)
johnr1990
January 24th, 2020
jerryh204
July 27th, 2018
Just hang in there improvements have been made and I'm sure there are more improvements to come as more people join eBid.
jg85
August 8th, 2016
Been on ebid 7 years. Lots of people browsing mostly. I've had around 40 sales its not bad at all. Fees, well, I paid only 50 bucks because I paid in advance 1 dollar for each one of those listings. Some listings I took the 3% selling fee instead. Savings, well, had I sold those items over ebay I would have paid around 2000 USD in fees,OUCH!!. Yes, I sell high end items. Overall I think Ebid is great! I just wish people would buy more instead of looking. Some of my listings have been viewed 2000 times and not even a question has come in. Only takes a few minutes to register as a buyer and its free and you can ask questions to the seller! Their customer service is way more better than ebay and a lot faster. You usually get an answer from them within an hour. Ebay it can take up to a week! More and more people are discovering ebid. I think the baseball, stamp and coin dealers are doing well there. Does not make sence to list a 3 dollar stamp on ebay for one buck. Ebid you can list it for free and it stays there until the item finds its buyer. No relisting and paying again. Its a good site I just hope it improves. I think it will people are getting totally fed up with Feebay and all their limitations. 30 day return policy for buyers, and ebay still gets to keep the seller fees if it goes beyond 45 days. That is criminal! I sell internationally and sometimes it takes a month for an item to reach a customer, or longer. Customs in some countries can take 2 to 3 weeks. My fingers are crossed for ebid! Too bad for all the trash talk. Ebay had the same when they were starting out.
crystlem1
December 18th, 2014
Ebid we could be the Nemisis to Ebay with more Seller support in advertising us! Buyers, with lower seller fees I and many other sellers are able to pass on the savings to you the valued customer! Show your support come and visit us on Ebid! The entire process is quite easy and we could use your input!

Tip for consumers: Perhaps we sellers could join together toward and advertising venture to get the word out that Ebid is the place to go to our customers and a true rival to Ebay with less fees that we can pass on to our customers in product savings! @cjandsonz if interested!

sallys51
December 12th, 2015
eBid is still in its infant stage.
I have been a member for just over a year. Bought & sold.
It's not bad and had no problems.
ernestd5
July 17th, 2013
I joined eBid.net on Fri. 7/12/2013. I only paid for the 30-day status. I like that I can list any item for free. I only pay a 2% final value fee when the item is sold. Here are some more advantages as well as disadvantages:

Pros: choosing "Run Until Sold" option for auction item, getting many views for selling famous brand items, clarity and organization of information on website, low seller fees unlike eBay

Cons: lack of buyers, more people who view your items but do not buy, eBid as a private auction website

eBid came out in the late 90's. But, it is still not as popular as eBay is. I honestly understand why. But, it has to take someone (maybe that person would be me) to make a positive difference and bring more good buyers and sellers on eBid.

I really want to see eBid grow. But, in order for that to happen, the company would have to work as hard as eBay does. Two suggestions for eBid are:

1. advertising on TV, YouTube, social media, etc.

2. selling better and more famous items that most people like and willingly buy
christopherr44
March 10th, 2015
In Short
The Good
1- Fees are mostly a once off Lifetime Fee - Excellent
2 - You Still have the option to use paypal
3 - Site is easy to use and very easy to list items
4 - There is none of the DSR nonsense and FEAR of LOSING YOUR BUSINESS and livelyhood that ebay seem determined to implement on their site and to their loyal sellers???
5 - I personally have found the ebid Support team efficient,reasonable,fast(no 4 hour phone calls)and very polite.
6 - They have a very nice buddy points system that actually shows they care,appreciate and want to reward their loyal customers.you don't get a lot,but you do feel appreciated.
The Unfortunate Bad
1 - Ebid won't Advertise so it is very difficult to get new customers and high traffic
2 - The Existing customer base is very small,They are very loyal to each other and ebid.But very small Unfortunately.
Truthfully,There is not another bad thing I can say about Ebid.
I enjoy using the site and have generated a few sales there.
But most Importantly I feel like a Valuable and Appreciated Member.That to me personally means A Lot.
I would Recommend the site to anyone as an alternative to ebay.
But keep in mind,If you want to sell in volume.You have to Stick with ebay and their Soul Destroying,Nerve Wrecking Rules.Which is a pity.As once upon a time it was a Fun and Enjoyable place to spend a few Hours of your Free time.
Im not sure if this is allowed but Hopefully Sitejabber Won't Mind So
Heres a Link fo ebid

Tip for consumers: Give Ebid a go,It doesn't hurt to try and you will feel like a valuable member.It's cheap and Easy to use and is slowly building a solid customerbase.

vijays4
March 4th, 2014
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.
See more answers (4)

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Why slow sales?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid. The Worlds Online Auction Marketplace. Buy & sell just about anything in our free listing auction and fixed price environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBid?

Have a question about eBid?