Review of eBid

Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

76 reviews with 1 star

jinx3
11/25/19
Overly complicated listing system.

No sales, no views, waste of time as a seller. Promotions? Lifetime sub? Forget it.

As a buyer the payment system is very strange and hard to navigate. Why does one have to check paypal and the purchase several times, add extra details and then check again? Why would anyone bother? This is the answer as to why this place will never take off.

It doesn't deserve to. It only rakes in sub fees from sellers who are fed up with other platforms, nothing but a scam with outdated design.
davids2303
8/1/19
Signed up for lifetime.Figured even if I sold nothing it would spread my name on the search engines...Nope,does not even do that,they are so far down on google and others as to not even make a ripple.Listed about 30/40 good selling items that sell daily on my site and ebay and I have yet to sell one thing.Saw a message about poor sales and needing more listings a month or so ago saying they would kick me off...I figured BFD...Now they are sending me bills for 67 cents and sh*...Laughable company.They did find a niche though,screw people by charging so little that people just write it off as a bad decision...I actually forgot I was on there,total waste of time and money....All that being said,if you have 50 bucks to waste you might as well waste it on ebid.
ralphm145
7/6/19
I'm not sure how e-Bid won any awards. I've been with them over 9-yrs, purchased the lifetime membership, deleted and reposted my items. NOT ONE SINGLE SALE. My items sell on all other website and not a sale on e-Bid. I lowered my price by 50% and still no sales.
I'm better off paying the fees on other sites than wasting my time loading items on e-Bid. I would not recommend this site to anyone. Wasted hours for nothing. NOT A GOOD ROI
larryb438
6/27/19
I bought a garage door opener and it didn't work so I sent it back to seller. They refuse to give me a refund even though it was undamaged and in original packaging with a note inside box. There is no enforcement for EBID to make sure this doesn't happen. I'll stick with EBAY. Never had a problem with EBAY.
robertp981
4/14/19
$50 for a membership down the drain. Listed an item that I sell approx 25 pieces per week on eBay, one year later and NOT ONE SALE. I even lowered the price below my eBay price and still nothing.....Lesson learned.
ingeborgk4
3/24/19
whats wrong with ebid ?
i thought a great side fro selling?
all other selling sides already worse and here the same
any idea how we get sales ?
mikel251
2/23/19
This Company sells copper wind spinners similar to what Stanwood sells. Bought one from Stanwood (more expensive) & one from Victoria Habour about two years ago on Ebay. After a few months, one of the leaves on the Victoria one fell off. I asked to return it; they sent a special copper glue. That held for a while, then the leaf fell off again. Also several stems attached to the center circular piece came loose & wobbled. Contacted Victoria & they said to use the glue. Told them it did not hold. They would not replace the side, so I offered to buy one entire side. They would only sell me a new complete spinner for around $200. This company is no longer on Ebay & is now on Ebid due to poor customer feedback?. My advice is to spend the extra dollars & get one that will last from Stanwood.
waynej64
10/26/18
Very low fee's on eBid because you will never get a sale!!!
150 listings and the only feedback i have had is from making purchases myself.
If you post to various social media accounts...You will get auto generated views that must come from eBid, because if you post same items from other sites you will receive a view or two but every time posting from this auction site you will get 8, 10 or 12 views without failure! If you are thinking that i may be stretching the truth...Just visit any one of my listings because you will see that i have over 400 views to some of my items. Overall i am very disgusted!!
tinat20
7/10/18
Everybody wants to sell, nobody wants to buy. Everything I listed, I ended up deleting because it sold somewhere else first. Maybe this site will work better in a few years once the site does some advertising and gets some name recognition that translates to BUYERS!
janej105
5/26/18
JOINED EBID 2008 PAID £49.95 FEE TO BE LIFE TIME SELLER , WAS SEELING GENUINE DESIGNER CLOTHING NOT ONE SALE , YET EVEN THOUGH I HATE EBAY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH FEES AND FORCING YOU TO USE PAYPAL SO EVEN MORE FEES I SOLD ALL MY ITEM WITHIN 7 DAYS UNLIKE EBID in which I had all the items listed for near 12 months , ebid a joke please don't join use other avenue like Facebook, spock, gum tree other free sites
jm384
2/5/18
I can't even get the joining fee back on this site. I tryed to get my joing fee back they wouldn't here of it. I would not recomment joining and when I resurched the prices I fould them to be more expensive, less choice and quilty compared to other sites.
amazo7
12/11/17
This is total scam, criminal company - after Paid for Seller lifetime membership - them suspended my account 3 days ago without any explanation and refund - only received a vague e-mail say: "you account dont accepted" ?
Until today no any refund or compensation - we open a legal claim in the Court about this discrimination, criminal company! Save you time and money and avoid the Ebid.net at all cost! This is scam, rip off company...
Wallmart Win

Tip for consumers: This is scam, rip off company...

johnc810
9/1/17
Spend ages listing with zero sales. Complete waste of £50 for lifetime seller+ account....never received the free t-shirt they promised. Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either. Basically its a quick way to loose money getting suckered into their "limited" lifetime seller+ membership. I gave up using it for 2+ years.

Then ebid account is hacked, iphones and tvs get listed using it. I get the account back and secured and a few days later I'm charged almost £60 for fees accumlated from the hack. I've emailed for support, probably another week or 2 wait for that.

Anyone thinking of joining this fraudulent place, seriously just run the other way. Its not worth the wasted money, time and effort. I've requested to close my account with them and shall never return.

Tip for consumers: Just run the other way as fast as your legs can carry you.

josephc182
8/25/17
THREE YEARS on Ebid as a Lifetime Plus Member ( $49.95 and never even got the Free Ebid.net T-shirt that they advertise ) selling brand new commercial truck parts at discount prices, guaranteed lowest prices with price match, free expedited shipping and even allow potential buyers to Make an Offer on listings -- NOT A SINGLE SALE, NOT A SINGLE OFFER AND NOT A SINGLE MESSAGE !
I've since dropped all of my listings from their WORTHLESS website and sent an email for my account to be closed / deleted. I don't have time to waste posting items and checking for sales / messages / offers every day for nothing and, really couldn't care less if they close my account or not -- I'm never going back so I'll never know if it's closed or not.
judiths75
7/17/17
I sold one thing in 8 months. If you don't log in a regular basis they threaten to end all your listings. No phone contact for help. Just email. Terrible place to sell.
truongn
2/6/17
this website will scam you and your money if you use a debit/credit card. Good thing your credit card company has your back! STAY AWAY AND DONT USE. THEY'LL BILL YOU NON-STOP.
tommyr19
1/10/17
Ebid is a load of crap,just a cheap version of Ebay. The amount of views i got for items within a week was 2 views lol.If you want to sell stuff let me repeat SELL STUFF Ebid is a no no stick to EBAY,AMAZON,SHPOCK is much better.
exe14
8/19/16
Hundred Thousands of unhappy sellers, who fed up with eBay, goes to different sites like ebid, or other websites which exists and are trying to sell there, but with no perspective they cameback to eBay and using friend's, or partner's accounts if their own account is suspended or restricted when they lost a privilege to sell- for nothing, often without explanation from eBay, often for trying to find a justice, often for confrontation of unhonest buyers: My account was closed after I sold PRADA purse with authentication card but buyer requested a return saying it is not authentic.I offered a return under a reason "changed my mind" but buyer did not wanted to pay return postage and contacted to eBay.Ebay closed the case "not authentic" and sent a decision only under "not as described" (all 12 pictures presented with a full description of the item), but what is important- here was no such case open, at all, but a decision came on never existed case!!!! By eBay rules a buyer can not open a second case for the same item but eBay sent a refund and closed my seller's account- my account is restricted to sell !! Nightmare- this decision is final,could not be appealed!!!!! But till this moment on eBay I made over hundred sales per six months. On ebid I sold nothing- lowered prices for some items up to half (Samsung note3 unlocked 32gb I listed for £120!!!!!) but no even 1 question never came!
I am sure, that if all these sellers, who fed up with eBay, like me,- cames together and all of them leaves eBay but moves to the one but same oneline selling site- no doubt eBay will loose not thousents, but hundred thousands sellers (every second seller has had an expierence when eBay took a wrong decision by supporting a buyer even if he/she is wrong). If all the unhappy sellers will leave eBay together, at the same time- eBay will loose millions listings..... NO DOUBT-BUYERS WILL FALLOW.....
All what we need is- A PERSON, WHO COULD ORGANISE IT!!!
MAYBE THE PERSON IS- YOU?
birdw1
Bird W.
3/6/16
Signed up from a Google ad stating "FREE BID AND SELL". Turns out it's only free to bid. You need to 'upgrade' to a seller - which will cost you. The one time fee is great if you are listing one really expensive item or many items but is no good if you only have a few inexpensive items to sell.

This place has apparently been around since 1998 but I never heard of it until yesterday. Tried searching for a few items that I might want and there is nothing being offered. Lots of junk. People selling dollar store items and what not. No thanks.

I read one other user having to supply them with ID and utility bills...????WTF. NEVER send that kind of information on line or by email. Might as well just hand them a copy of your fingerprints, blood type and your debit card for good measure.

Been here 2 days - and I can't wait to get out.
johnb524
1/19/16
What can I say I have now been a member for 4 years .
I have not even had a message or a sale .
Me and my business colleagues even listed items for a penny brand new items
We still hot no response .
Are these 2 guys in their flat still ripping people off.
Do not give your debit card details to these people or you will wake up broke when these guys go down the pan.
All the reviews on here that are good are made up from the 2 guys who work on this Scam.
This company needs reporting to trading standards .
AVOID E BID !
williamh88
10/25/15
Instant billing to my card.Not even 1 single question.Pure evil scammer get away with running this fraud company because internationally you can get away with everything.
alexd73
10/3/15
On my first, and only purchase on eBid, the seller sends the wrong item. So OK, they made a mistake on their listing, I will just hit the return button.. But wait... there is NO return button on eBid. I have to go to a LOT more trouble pursuing this directly with the seller via messages.

Unlike eBay which has a great infrastructure to manage transactions between buyers and sellers, eBid is just a wannabe copycat, except that they have missed out most of the essential functionality.

I will be deleting my account.

UPDATE - I had a reply from a message to the seller who sent the wrong item: 'This email is not monitored'. Unbelievable. I have never had this much trouble at Amazon or eBay.
stevenh80
9/30/15
If you are using Ebids then you are not only wasting your time but you are opening yourself up to being stolen from. I paid for a n item that I won and never received my purchased item. After emailing Ebids they suggested that I call my local police. No concern or any apparent feelings of responsibility. If I had been robbed on EBAY they would have guaranteed my purchase and at least pretended to care. Ebids is a racket.
steves181
9/13/15
Again how many times do we have to tell the owners of Ebid that the business is rubbish !
The reviews with 5 Stars on here are from Ebid them selves .
None of us believe you have sold a single item.
None of this traffic from your website has Google search optimisation or any other effort to take this website up in the rankings of Google.
If you type Ebid into Google you will find nothing but bad news.
I was very scepticle about parting with my money for this service along with thousands of others who have been had by this scandal.
I feel sorry for the guy who loaded up over 1500 items and never even had a message never mind a sale.
If I had Ebid I would have it on the first 2 pages of google in no time and get help to manage the phone lines .
2 directors from 4 directors and no employees ! JOKE ! And ebay are above their station to infinity and beyond for Greedy Ebay .
There's 111 platforms to sell from avoid Ebid and if yiu use Ebay your giving all your profit back to them every month.
Start your own website and connect up Facebook I make a fortune on Facebook more than Ebay ! . Good luck sellers from Steve x soldier and seller of 20 years on line.
aliceinw
5/29/15
EBAY IS SO MUCH EASIER

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid