eBid

eBid has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 141 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. eBid also ranks 33rd among Auction sites.

• Superb service and great customer support all round
  • I'm a seller on ebid and have been there for about 2 1/2 years.

• do not sign up with eBid because you are mad at eBay.
  • Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either.
How would you rate eBid?

“eBid sales vs eBay sales”

John R.
1/24/20

I have been an eBay member since 1996 and a member of eBid for about a year. I sell as many items on eBay as I do with eBid. The only difference is that eBay charges about 10% plus listing fees and eBid charges 3%, no listing fees. Over the years, I have watched eBay decline in sales, increase costs and make the rules so complex it was no fun to work on eBay any more. It used to be great. Now I am working on both platforms and find that eBid is about the same in terms of complexity. Now I do working at cultivating customers and guiding them to my items. If you do not do that, neither will work.

“Back & forth with seller... no luck.”

Phil D.
3/3/20

I recently purchased an antique railroad figurine from a seller on ebid and have yet to receive it, or even a response to my inquiries. I'm hopeful Paypal will be able to help because ebid is only sending canned responses. Can't recommend this site unfortunately.

ebay (74) customer service (12) lifetime membership (12) auction site (11) seller (64) utility bill (7) items (55) credit card (6) phone number (4) customer support (4) 2 years (5) 50 bucks (3)
michaeld2765
July 23rd, 2020
I signed up as a lifetime member for £50. Seemed like a bargain but have sold only one pice o jewellery in six months, even though all is genuine sterling silver and reasonably priced.
dennyt8
March 19th, 2020
No customer support whatsoever! Tried repeatedly contacting them and no replies! 3 days later, my account was mysteriously cancelled!???? And, after I paid for a lifetime membership? What!!!????? THE WORST SELLING SITE IN THE WORLD!!!
jinx3
November 25th, 2019
Overly complicated listing system.

No sales, no views, waste of time as a seller. Promotions? Lifetime sub? Forget it.

As a buyer the payment system is very strange and hard to navigate. Why does one have to check paypal and the purchase several times, add extra details and then check again? Why would anyone bother? This is the answer as to why this place will never take off.

It doesn't deserve to. It only rakes in sub fees from sellers who are fed up with other platforms, nothing but a scam with outdated design.
mikel251
February 23rd, 2019
This Company sells copper wind spinners similar to what Stanwood sells. Bought one from Stanwood (more expensive) & one from Victoria Habour about two years ago on Ebay. After a few months, one of the leaves on the Victoria one fell off. I asked to return it; they sent a special copper glue. That held for a while, then the leaf fell off again. Also several stems attached to the center circular piece came loose & wobbled. Contacted Victoria & they said to use the glue. Told them it did not hold. They would not replace the side, so I offered to buy one entire side. They would only sell me a new complete spinner for around $200. This company is no longer on Ebay & is now on Ebid due to poor customer feedback?. My advice is to spend the extra dollars & get one that will last from Stanwood.
waynej64
October 26th, 2018
Very low fee's on eBid because you will never get a sale!!!
150 listings and the only feedback i have had is from making purchases myself.
If you post to various social media accounts...You will get auto generated views that must come from eBid, because if you post same items from other sites you will receive a view or two but every time posting from this auction site you will get 8, 10 or 12 views without failure! If you are thinking that i may be stretching the truth...Just visit any one of my listings because you will see that i have over 400 views to some of my items. Overall i am very disgusted!!
davids2303
August 1st, 2019
Signed up for lifetime.Figured even if I sold nothing it would spread my name on the search engines...Nope,does not even do that,they are so far down on google and others as to not even make a ripple.Listed about 30/40 good selling items that sell daily on my site and ebay and I have yet to sell one thing.Saw a message about poor sales and needing more listings a month or so ago saying they would kick me off...I figured BFD...Now they are sending me bills for 67 cents and sh*...Laughable company.They did find a niche though,screw people by charging so little that people just write it off as a bad decision...I actually forgot I was on there,total waste of time and money....All that being said,if you have 50 bucks to waste you might as well waste it on ebid.
ingeborgk4
March 24th, 2019
whats wrong with ebid ?
i thought a great side fro selling?
all other selling sides already worse and here the same
any idea how we get sales ?
janej105
May 26th, 2018
JOINED EBID 2008 PAID £49.95 FEE TO BE LIFE TIME SELLER , WAS SEELING GENUINE DESIGNER CLOTHING NOT ONE SALE , YET EVEN THOUGH I HATE EBAY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH FEES AND FORCING YOU TO USE PAYPAL SO EVEN MORE FEES I SOLD ALL MY ITEM WITHIN 7 DAYS UNLIKE EBID in which I had all the items listed for near 12 months , ebid a joke please don't join use other avenue like Facebook, spock, gum tree other free sites
larryb438
June 27th, 2019
I bought a garage door opener and it didn't work so I sent it back to seller. They refuse to give me a refund even though it was undamaged and in original packaging with a note inside box. There is no enforcement for EBID to make sure this doesn't happen. I'll stick with EBAY. Never had a problem with EBAY.
ralphm145
July 6th, 2019
I'm not sure how e-Bid won any awards. I've been with them over 9-yrs, purchased the lifetime membership, deleted and reposted my items. NOT ONE SINGLE SALE. My items sell on all other website and not a sale on e-Bid. I lowered my price by 50% and still no sales.
I'm better off paying the fees on other sites than wasting my time loading items on e-Bid. I would not recommend this site to anyone. Wasted hours for nothing. NOT A GOOD ROI
johnb524
January 19th, 2016
What can I say I have now been a member for 4 years .
I have not even had a message or a sale .
Me and my business colleagues even listed items for a penny brand new items
We still hot no response .
Are these 2 guys in their flat still ripping people off.
Do not give your debit card details to these people or you will wake up broke when these guys go down the pan.
All the reviews on here that are good are made up from the 2 guys who work on this Scam.
This company needs reporting to trading standards .
AVOID E BID !
tinat20
July 10th, 2018
Everybody wants to sell, nobody wants to buy. Everything I listed, I ended up deleting because it sold somewhere else first. Maybe this site will work better in a few years once the site does some advertising and gets some name recognition that translates to BUYERS!
amazo7
December 11th, 2017
This is total scam, criminal company - after Paid for Seller lifetime membership - them suspended my account 3 days ago without any explanation and refund - only received a vague e-mail say: "you account dont accepted" ?
Until today no any refund or compensation - we open a legal claim in the Court about this discrimination, criminal company! Save you time and money and avoid the Ebid.net at all cost! This is scam, rip off company...
Wallmart Win

Tip for consumers: This is scam, rip off company...

robertp981
April 14th, 2019
$50 for a membership down the drain. Listed an item that I sell approx 25 pieces per week on eBay, one year later and NOT ONE SALE. I even lowered the price below my eBay price and still nothing.....Lesson learned.
judiths75
July 17th, 2017
I sold one thing in 8 months. If you don't log in a regular basis they threaten to end all your listings. No phone contact for help. Just email. Terrible place to sell.
johnc810
September 1st, 2017
Spend ages listing with zero sales. Complete waste of £50 for lifetime seller+ account....never received the free t-shirt they promised. Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either. Basically its a quick way to loose money getting suckered into their "limited" lifetime seller+ membership. I gave up using it for 2+ years.

Then ebid account is hacked, iphones and tvs get listed using it. I get the account back and secured and a few days later I'm charged almost £60 for fees accumlated from the hack. I've emailed for support, probably another week or 2 wait for that.

Anyone thinking of joining this fraudulent place, seriously just run the other way. Its not worth the wasted money, time and effort. I've requested to close my account with them and shall never return.

Tip for consumers: Just run the other way as fast as your legs can carry you.

josephc182
August 25th, 2017
THREE YEARS on Ebid as a Lifetime Plus Member ( $49.95 and never even got the Free Ebid.net T-shirt that they advertise ) selling brand new commercial truck parts at discount prices, guaranteed lowest prices with price match, free expedited shipping and even allow potential buyers to Make an Offer on listings -- NOT A SINGLE SALE, NOT A SINGLE OFFER AND NOT A SINGLE MESSAGE !
I've since dropped all of my listings from their WORTHLESS website and sent an email for my account to be closed / deleted. I don't have time to waste posting items and checking for sales / messages / offers every day for nothing and, really couldn't care less if they close my account or not -- I'm never going back so I'll never know if it's closed or not.
stevenh80
September 30th, 2015
If you are using Ebids then you are not only wasting your time but you are opening yourself up to being stolen from. I paid for a n item that I won and never received my purchased item. After emailing Ebids they suggested that I call my local police. No concern or any apparent feelings of responsibility. If I had been robbed on EBAY they would have guaranteed my purchase and at least pretended to care. Ebids is a racket.
tommyr19
January 10th, 2017
Ebid is a load of crap,just a cheap version of Ebay. The amount of views i got for items within a week was 2 views lol.If you want to sell stuff let me repeat SELL STUFF Ebid is a no no stick to EBAY,AMAZON,SHPOCK is much better.
wh570
May 11th, 2015
eBid is as bad as it gets. First off, do not make the mistake that has scammed so many and made eBid rich - do not sign up with eBid because you are mad at eBay. eBid is not the solution, no matter how pretty it reads. They are so much WORSE than ebay its amazing. First of all, there are large amounts of complaints (myself included) of people signing up for lifetime memberships, paying $50-100 only to have their account shut down the same day without reason. No contact, no notification, no explanation. You just lose your money. eBid takes it from you. It's their policy. Are you KIDDING me? Don't bother with this deadbeat company. Even if you bypass the scam, read the reviews - members go months, even YEARS without any sales. There is no traffic - at least no buyer traffic. There are many alternatives to eBay out there. Don't pick this one. You can only lose time and money.
jm384
February 5th, 2018
I can't even get the joining fee back on this site. I tryed to get my joing fee back they wouldn't here of it. I would not recomment joining and when I resurched the prices I fould them to be more expensive, less choice and quilty compared to other sites.
anap23
April 1st, 2015
I am a seller bought their membership for $49.99. Have not sold one item but they charge me fees!!!!!!!!! I sell coach, Michael kors brand name items!!!!!!!!!!! Go to EBAY ! its is 100 better then this company !!!!!!!! And their is no number for customer serivice That is so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
birdw1
Bird W.
March 6th, 2016
Signed up from a Google ad stating "FREE BID AND SELL". Turns out it's only free to bid. You need to 'upgrade' to a seller - which will cost you. The one time fee is great if you are listing one really expensive item or many items but is no good if you only have a few inexpensive items to sell.

This place has apparently been around since 1998 but I never heard of it until yesterday. Tried searching for a few items that I might want and there is nothing being offered. Lots of junk. People selling dollar store items and what not. No thanks.

I read one other user having to supply them with ID and utility bills...????WTF. NEVER send that kind of information on line or by email. Might as well just hand them a copy of your fingerprints, blood type and your debit card for good measure.

Been here 2 days - and I can't wait to get out.
truongn
February 6th, 2017
this website will scam you and your money if you use a debit/credit card. Good thing your credit card company has your back! STAY AWAY AND DONT USE. THEY'LL BILL YOU NON-STOP.
darleenb1
May 22nd, 2015
I just signed up for ebid.net three months ago. Two weeks into it, they wanted me to upload an id, & a bill. So I did. Then they emailed me saying I needed to upload a hydro bill. This actually took me two months, because I was starting to think about what kind of business this was. So, now I do it. Upload a hydro bill. They come back to me & say I need to do another utility bill? How many utility bills do you think I have? I told them, well, I uploaded a photo id & a cell phone bill, then a utility bill? What more do you need? I am getting sick of this site!

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.
See more answers (4)

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Why slow sales?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid. The Worlds Online Auction Marketplace. Buy & sell just about anything in our free listing auction and fixed price environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBid?

Have a question about eBid?