Duke Health

Duke Health has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Duke Health?

“Black women given discriminatory treatment”

jennifer a.
7/22/18

If you're black and uninsured, you will be discriminated against and given disparaging treatment. Melody Baldwin and Heather Vawter, a PA in the practice, treated me as a second-class citizen and made a mockery of a serious health problem, which could lead to cervical cancer. I was misdiagnosed because this practice did not believe that I had the money in my checking account to pay for their services following my office visit. There were other issues with me as well which a second-year medical student would have noticed. However, since Melody Baldwin et.al., have implemented a blanket policy of ill treatment, my hypertensive and anemic conditions were grossly ignored. In fact, these two so-called medical practitioners would rather see me die from illness then act in a responsible, professional and proactive manner. It is all about money; money over patient health. When I asked Heather Vawter to call in a prescription, it took her 7 days and she only did so because I called the office 10 times in one hour. As a human being, I would have received better treatment from a veterinary practice. Please, please take my experience with Melody Baldwin as a cautionary tale. Filing a complaint within the Duke Health System administration is a waste of time and energy because that office will engage in a cover up in order to preserve their public image. I am contacting a malpractice firm and plan to file a civil lawsuit against both Melody Baldwin and Heather Vawter.

jennifera58
July 22nd, 2018

Questions? Get answers from the Duke Health staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Health?

Have a question about Duke Health?