Review of Dreamstime

Tel: +1-615-771-5611
agnieszkaw@dreamstime.com

jimp316
5/21/19

As others have said -- avoid the "free" trial. Very misleading business and I unsuccessfully tried to have money refunded to me through customer service

woodyw12
5/17/19

I sign up for 7 day free trial, but they charge me $23.6 right away. I don't know why I have to pay for my FREE trial.

alexisd66
5/13/19

I work in web building, and I was looking for superhero images on my usual stock photo subscription sites, but coming up empty. Went to Dreamstime, saw they had a free trial for 5 high-resolution images--what luck! Downloaded them, and they all have watermarks. I contact customer support and they say the free trial IS for watermarked images. If that's the case, what's the point of a trial? I can screenshot whatever I want, guys. Client already approved the images, so I'll buy them, but I'm not buying anything else. What a joke.

borisp27
5/9/19

Customer service is absolute garbage. Incomprehensible conversations with non-English speakers. Also, the keymaster program is a big scam. Paid to have the equivalent of a 6 year old tagging my vectors. This company has absolutely no intention of competing with the big dogs. I think they're just hoping to be bought out one day because the site hasn't been modified in a decade. Still the same crap as the first day I used it.

bryannab7
4/25/19

I originally signed up for a free trial. I was supposed to get 5 images for FREE. Then I decided to change it up to 10. SOMEHOW, I was charged $103! When I called to straighten it out, she ARGUED with me and told me that she would refund some amount but that I would have to not use that last image that I downloaded. In MY opinion, I should have only paid $39 and received 5 images for free. Instead, I didn't get ANY images for free and paid for 15. Run, far and fast... there are other resources with better images and MUCH BETTER SERVICE.

alexd291
4/11/19

my images disappeared from their site. No one contacted me first to let me know in advance why they were doing this.

I messaged them 4 time and eventually they responded saying I infringed copyright and removed all my images

The correct way would have been to contact me to say they were removing one image and ask for my input. If I was found to be at fault then either remove that one or all. I spent hours doing the keywords to get a good ranking

A scan of original slide is attached and a photo of it on my wall at home.

Now told them I dont want to use them any longer and going to just deal with Adobe who treat you with respect and sell a lot more of my images

AVOID DREAMSTIME

tonyf217
4/11/19

Terrible marketing gimmick! Signed up for the free trial (even had to input credit card details) which advertised that i could download 5 free photos. I downloaded my first photo and it was covered in watermarks. I downloaded another. Same thing! I emailed customer service and was told that I need to upgrade my subscription to a paying version to remove the water mark. I need these photos, but I will buy them somewhere else as I refuse to do business with a company with such shady sales practices.

billw348
4/10/19

I wanted one public domain photo. The "free" they promote is a one week free trial. You need to open an account to use even one photo.

brandonk115
3/27/19

it said free download before i had an account i made an account then it prompted me to pay for the "free" download

lynnr156
3/19/19

Thought I had cancelled my free membership, however they trick you into thinking you did! There are several questions afterwards, if don't answer them you account is still valid and they charge you! A little tricky on their part! Do not use this service!!! Most images not usable also!

jamienl
2/16/19

After the one week trial, I missed the cut-off by one day, and explained their content is unusable for my business; that I had tried to find some content to justify the one month paymentbut couldn't. I was give the terms and conditions reason for my refund request being rejected. I had downloaded 1 of a possible 14 images, so clearly my issues were verifiable.

Most companies these days would say, Our terms and conditions say X, but we can see that you haven't utilised the service, and want you to have a good experience with us. We're going to refund that one month, and hope to see you back here soon'.

A smart business builds in some leniency in their refund T+Csbecause the gain justifies the loss. I can only assume the company is not doing very well, and they need to grasp at every short term dollar. I was sucked in by one rare unicorn of a packaging mock-up. The quality of their mock-ups and their customer service model belong in a different time.

rogerh182
1/29/19

Wipe all your credits every 30 days. We spent over 800 dollars on credits between October and December thinking we had built up a nice reserve of pictures for when we needed them and they wiped it all at the end of January. No idea how or why they can justify this. Customer service attitude is basically "tough luck".

neoa2
1/24/19

This is an obvious SCAM company. They prey upon new customers with their specific rules... you will end up losing money if you don't use the package you bought within 30 days (obviously not for most people). Good companies will let your unused downloads carry over to the next month. Customer service is angry with you..I feel badly for them to be honest. Their boss tells them how to respond to customers unhappy with the service and it must make them feel like crap to have so many hate them. They have a horrible attitude because their business model is to screw the new customers and lose them, they bank on this, keep getting new customers and scam their money with fine print. The web site directs you to buy plans and there is nothing else you can click on but buy or the back button - proof of a scam company.

andresm55
1/22/19

My bank, for some reason, sent me an invoice with a transaction but, i can confirm that no actual charge will be made. I downloaded the 5 free images, without problems.

So, i can confirm, that the trial works as intended. Will use this site to buy stock photos in the future.

ezakryh
1/6/19

I sign up for the 7 day free trial.. but they charge me right away! I cancelled after downloaded 5 pics.. it should be free, 7 days trial my ass!

amandap262
12/28/18

Terribly rude customer service representatives.
Very misleading subscription plans.
Don't sign up for any plans until you ready the small, small, small print.

meganj58
12/27/18

I signed up for the free 7 day trial. I forgot to cancel the subscription, which I take reslonsibility for. It's Christmas, I forgot, and they charged me. I checked my email to see if I had missed an email from them reminding me of my trial ending. There was an email from them in my junk folder but it wasn't to remind me about my trial ending. It was telling me they tried to charge my account for the subscription but it wouldn't go through. Yea, because it's Christmas and I didn't have money in my account at that time. HOWEVER, they tried to charge me 2 days BEFORE my free trial was supposed to end. Get bent, Dreamstime!

kristenm119
12/26/18

Did a free trial and cancelled it on time but they still debit my account $34 AUD. Report this website!!!

yudys
12/14/18

Dony even waste your time. Started with a trial subscription. Canceled the mother$#*!er, still got charged $25. Still can't get a refund because its a bunch of $#*! asses that work for and are this company. Wtf did I just pay $25 for since they finally canceled the subscription and now I can't even get my moneys worth? Dreamstime can eat a fist full of my $#*!!

carrollc16
11/30/18

I have used Dreamstime for several years to sell stock photos. I have never had any problems and will continue to use the website.

jocelynd15
11/26/18

While I thought I was buying credits for use of one photo, they continued to charge me for a "subscription" that I never paid for. Funny thing - no where on the site is there any info about how to cancel your "subscription."

ivanak9
11/23/18

You are great!At the very beginning, you can immediately know what you need and what you need to do to make your photos as good as you are looking for. Thank you.

scotts722
11/22/18

an actual HONEST stock site that will let you know quickly if your work is up to par. I use it exclusively for stock photos

jasonh382
11/19/18

Most sites that offer a free trial are actually interested in people using and liking their services and products. But not Dreamstime. They are only interested in offering low quality products and getting your money.

boycel3
11/15/18

Its alright, but I can't even download a single pic without logging in and that is super duper annoying I don't have all the time in the world just for a single pic.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Images of level 0 or level 1 are a lot and many of these are quite good and original. If you need small size for web use you will pay 1 to 3 credits. You can order the images by price. I both more than 100 image at an average price of 1 €. Than I needed an image of high res and exclusive licence and I paid 100 € but this is another business.

By GIANFRANCO S.

Yes, you can buy a single image. You can use credits or even a time limited subscription. After you purchase your download plan, simply turn off the auto-renewal from your payment profile and this will remain a one time purchase. For more details, you can contact our service.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Hi. If there is no activity registered, then you can easily remove your account from My Account/edit profile button: https://www.dreamstime.com/user_modify.php See that there is a delete option in the right hand part of the screen, rights below the profile image. Let us know if you encounter difficulties or require further assistance.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

If you are referring to the auto-renewal, you can change this setting at any time from your Account/payment profile: http://www.dreamstime.com/card_management.php If you do not want the plan to renew or you do not need images on a regular basis, please ensure you turn this off after each transaction, credits or subscriptions.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Hi, You have the email or share option. You can also save these in an archive and email the archive if you wish. See that each of our media has the email photo/video link on the detail page. You have the Tools tab.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Using an image in a poster meant for sale requires the Print extended license P-EL indeed, regardless of the image size.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

You can find more details at the link below: https://www.dreamstime.com/sell-stock-photos-images. A list of royalties ca be found at the link below:https://www.dreamstime.com/sell-stock-photos-images. For any other details and help, you can contact our support service.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Yes, you need to license the image before using it. We strongly recommend you contact our support service for more details. If the glassware is meant for sale, you may need to purchase an extended license.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

The pending line is extremely crowded at this point so you may need to wait around 14 days for review. Please contact our support service for more details.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

You can opt for a monthly plan or for a time limited plan.Iif you choose the latter option, you purchase a plan that allows you to download images within a specified period of time (credits and subscriptions). There is no monthly fee if you do not want to download on a regular/monthly basis. You turn off the autorenewal in this case. We recommend you contact our support service for more details.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dreamstime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Dreamstime