Review of Dreamstime

Tel: +1-615-771-5611
agnieszkaw@dreamstime.com

lynnr156
3/19/19

Thought I had cancelled my free membership, however they trick you into thinking you did! There are several questions afterwards, if don't answer them you account is still valid and they charge you! A little tricky on their part! Do not use this service!!! Most images not usable also!

jamienl
2/16/19

After the one week trial, I missed the cut-off by one day, and explained their content is unusable for my business; that I had tried to find some content to justify the one month paymentbut couldn't. I was give the terms and conditions reason for my refund request being rejected. I had downloaded 1 of a possible 14 images, so clearly my issues were verifiable.

Most companies these days would say, Our terms and conditions say X, but we can see that you haven't utilised the service, and want you to have a good experience with us. We're going to refund that one month, and hope to see you back here soon'.

A smart business builds in some leniency in their refund T+Csbecause the gain justifies the loss. I can only assume the company is not doing very well, and they need to grasp at every short term dollar. I was sucked in by one rare unicorn of a packaging mock-up. The quality of their mock-ups and their customer service model belong in a different time.

rogerh182
1/29/19

Wipe all your credits every 30 days. We spent over 800 dollars on credits between October and December thinking we had built up a nice reserve of pictures for when we needed them and they wiped it all at the end of January. No idea how or why they can justify this. Customer service attitude is basically "tough luck".

neoa2
1/24/19

This is an obvious SCAM company. They prey upon new customers with their specific rules... you will end up losing money if you don't use the package you bought within 30 days (obviously not for most people). Good companies will let your unused downloads carry over to the next month. Customer service is angry with you..I feel badly for them to be honest. Their boss tells them how to respond to customers unhappy with the service and it must make them feel like crap to have so many hate them. They have a horrible attitude because their business model is to screw the new customers and lose them, they bank on this, keep getting new customers and scam their money with fine print. The web site directs you to buy plans and there is nothing else you can click on but buy or the back button - proof of a scam company.

andresm55
1/22/19

My bank, for some reason, sent me an invoice with a transaction but, i can confirm that no actual charge will be made. I downloaded the 5 free images, without problems.

So, i can confirm, that the trial works as intended. Will use this site to buy stock photos in the future.

ezakryh
1/6/19

I sign up for the 7 day free trial.. but they charge me right away! I cancelled after downloaded 5 pics.. it should be free, 7 days trial my ass!

amandap262
12/28/18

Terribly rude customer service representatives.
Very misleading subscription plans.
Don't sign up for any plans until you ready the small, small, small print.

meganj58
12/27/18

I signed up for the free 7 day trial. I forgot to cancel the subscription, which I take reslonsibility for. It's Christmas, I forgot, and they charged me. I checked my email to see if I had missed an email from them reminding me of my trial ending. There was an email from them in my junk folder but it wasn't to remind me about my trial ending. It was telling me they tried to charge my account for the subscription but it wouldn't go through. Yea, because it's Christmas and I didn't have money in my account at that time. HOWEVER, they tried to charge me 2 days BEFORE my free trial was supposed to end. Get bent, Dreamstime!

kristenm119
12/26/18

Did a free trial and cancelled it on time but they still debit my account $34 AUD. Report this website!!!

yudys
12/14/18

Dony even waste your time. Started with a trial subscription. Canceled the mother$#*!er, still got charged $25. Still can't get a refund because its a bunch of $#*! asses that work for and are this company. Wtf did I just pay $25 for since they finally canceled the subscription and now I can't even get my moneys worth? Dreamstime can eat a fist full of my $#*!!

carrollc16
11/30/18

I have used Dreamstime for several years to sell stock photos. I have never had any problems and will continue to use the website.

jocelynd15
11/26/18

While I thought I was buying credits for use of one photo, they continued to charge me for a "subscription" that I never paid for. Funny thing - no where on the site is there any info about how to cancel your "subscription."

ivanak9
11/23/18

You are great!At the very beginning, you can immediately know what you need and what you need to do to make your photos as good as you are looking for. Thank you.

scotts722
11/22/18

an actual HONEST stock site that will let you know quickly if your work is up to par. I use it exclusively for stock photos

jasonh382
11/19/18

Most sites that offer a free trial are actually interested in people using and liking their services and products. But not Dreamstime. They are only interested in offering low quality products and getting your money.

boycel3
11/15/18

Its alright, but I can't even download a single pic without logging in and that is super duper annoying I don't have all the time in the world just for a single pic.

rosin
11/8/18

I was surprised to see such negatove feedbacks for this website. I am using them for years and so far I did not had problems, they are responcive and answer to my questions, once I have downloaded a picture by mistake and they returned the credits. I have spent quite a lot of money there and there were never problems with the payments - to take even one euro more.

lorenac26
11/2/18

I used this service just to download some free photo with the first subscrition. I am aware that some service like that automatically renew the subscription once your free month expired. So I immediately set up my account and unchecked the automatic renew. I just discovered I have been paid 25$ a month for the last 4 month. Stealer, Criminals, Scammers.

heatherf137
10/25/18

I never signed up with this place they are taking money out of my account. when I called them they stated they can not find that they are taking money out. I had to change all of my accounts and they were no help!!!!! Erin Vandivire was the customer service and she was no help. She actually gave out other peoples information and kept asking me for my information.
This place is a a SCAM STAY AWAY!!

lawrencej37
10/19/18

I paid DREAMSTIME for a one-off image and was totally unaware that I had subscribed to a monthly agreement.
I never received the image and after repeated futile attempts to get a reimbursement, my bank finally got my payment refunded in December 2107 and stopped what I can only describe was a subscription by STEALTH.
However I've since discovered that in February 2108, DREAMSTIME started a totally new subscription without either my knowledge or authorization, so as far as I can see this is a total scam company.

andumarianm
10/14/18

They say on their photos Sign up for free download and then they put you to pay...
No problem if it is about paying for them... but they give you fake info that it can be free if you sign up and then ask for money after you sign up when you whant to download the free photo...

andrewc399
10/10/18

I have been using their services for a few years now and their site is intuitive, they give fast answers and I never had a problem. I am very pleased with Dreamstime.

mihaio2
8/28/18

I took the bait of getting a free subscription for a month. 5 free pictures to download. After a month without notifying me that the subscription is renewing they took money from my credit card and said that if I downloaded photos in the free period they have to charge me and cannot refund my money. They are a bunch of thieves stay far away from their subscription plans. They trick people.They don't notify you when they are about to take your money just so as to be sure you forgot and there is nothing you can do.

natashad47
8/14/18

They scam you by offering you a free trial, but then debit your credit card on a monthly basis without making their intentions clear. Worst of all is they make the credits that you pay for expire after a short time, so you pay them for nothing basically.

robertr668
8/1/18

I just had an opportunity to have a question answered. The response was very fast and concise. Over I am pleased with my choice to use DT

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Images of level 0 or level 1 are a lot and many of these are quite good and original. If you need small size for web use you will pay 1 to 3 credits. You can order the images by price. I both more than 100 image at an average price of 1 €. Than I needed an image of high res and exclusive licence and I paid 100 € but this is another business.

By GIANFRANCO S.

Yes, you can buy a single image. You can use credits or even a time limited subscription. After you purchase your download plan, simply turn off the auto-renewal from your payment profile and this will remain a one time purchase. For more details, you can contact our service.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Hi. If there is no activity registered, then you can easily remove your account from My Account/edit profile button: https://www.dreamstime.com/user_modify.php See that there is a delete option in the right hand part of the screen, rights below the profile image. Let us know if you encounter difficulties or require further assistance.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

If you are referring to the auto-renewal, you can change this setting at any time from your Account/payment profile: http://www.dreamstime.com/card_management.php If you do not want the plan to renew or you do not need images on a regular basis, please ensure you turn this off after each transaction, credits or subscriptions.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Hi, You have the email or share option. You can also save these in an archive and email the archive if you wish. See that each of our media has the email photo/video link on the detail page. You have the Tools tab.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Using an image in a poster meant for sale requires the Print extended license P-EL indeed, regardless of the image size.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

You can find more details at the link below: https://www.dreamstime.com/sell-stock-photos-images. A list of royalties ca be found at the link below:https://www.dreamstime.com/sell-stock-photos-images. For any other details and help, you can contact our support service.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

Yes, you need to license the image before using it. We strongly recommend you contact our support service for more details. If the glassware is meant for sale, you may need to purchase an extended license.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

The pending line is extremely crowded at this point so you may need to wait around 14 days for review. Please contact our support service for more details.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative

You can opt for a monthly plan or for a time limited plan.Iif you choose the latter option, you purchase a plan that allows you to download images within a specified period of time (credits and subscriptions). There is no monthly fee if you do not want to download on a regular/monthly basis. You turn off the autorenewal in this case. We recommend you contact our support service for more details.

By Carmen P., Dreamstime Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dreamstime staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Dreamstime