Review of Doobids.co.uk

Doobids.co.uk reviews

SITE CLOSED

wjc
4/13/11

If there was ever a prize for the worst customer service, it would probably go to Doobids.com. It's auctions seem like a good deal and it appears that users have a good chance at getting a good deal. So I bought some bids and I started to bid.

I won a fantastic LG 42" TV, I was very pleased and I proceeded to go to my "won auctions" page to pay for the item. However it did not come up on my "won auctions" page so I couldnt pay for it. I checked a couple of hours later but still nothing. So, I emailed the support team and I got no reply. So I emailed again, still no reply. I emailed them again for the third time and I have no reply. More worryingly, when I go to check their "lastest winner" page, some other username comes up as having won the same auction. However, on their "closed auction" page, my username still comes up as the winner.

This has lead me to believe that Doobids is a scam. They will happily take your money but if you win anything, they will ignore you.

please don't waste your money at this site. It's not worth your time or your hard earned cash. Doobids, SHAME ON YOU.

robj5
7/7/10

I have lost a bit (modest in comparision to the above!) on this site, and reading the comments here, I thought I guess you're right there are probably a group of big bidders who know not to bid against each other, and just take out any new starters to keep the site to themselves, but that got me thinking, they never bid against each other, not even once looking at the history!
So going down that line looking back through all the past auctions I realised that the method they are employing is brilliant, for all of them, except the site owners, they in fact havent made a profit on an item for nearly a year! in fact the are making massive losses. Also despite depositing on different days in a week, my invoice numbers run consecutively, meaning that none of the won auctions have been paid for!?!?!? HMMM that does seem odd!

I feel a lawsuit coming on!

jacoba
4/4/10

I've used Doobids a lot recently and I have to say that its very difficult to win auctions. I have won 4 auctions on Doobids but have spent a lot more money than I have saved. The key is to buy big bundles of bids, you see people winning with 1 bid but what you don't see is that person has something like 200 bids behind them. If you want to be within a shot of winning you need to buy at least 100 bids and DO NOT bid on weekends as most of the good auctions only start at 11.00pm and all the bidders with 500+ bids will bid on these auctions. Trust me don't make the same mistake I did. However one of the better things with Doobids is that your guaranteed to win at least 1 auction as they have rookie auctions on everyday and theirs normally only one person trying to win them. They can range from a DVD to an PS3 game.

matthews1
2/14/10

Very good site, not a scam just another penny auction site but the good thing is, is that their are not many members yet as it is fairly new so their is more chance of winning auctions, which is always great for me :)

janem
12/3/09

Is not a scam, is no different from all the other penny auction sites. I have won auctions on Doobids as much as I have lost too. All in all I do very well but I do believe you need your own tactics. Just pumping straight cash is sure to make you angry win or lose.. I've never bid as many bids as that and I certainly never will. I have won 17 auctions on Doobids but I have probably lost just as many if not more maybe. One thing that is different from other penny auctions is that it is a newer business so there are much less customers, but saying that it can get really busy on the weekends. I think more people are converting to doobids over some of the other smaller and certainly more suspect penny sites. Still better chances on doobids than madbids and swoopo though, much better chance!

johnb16
11/29/09

i spend about 500 pounds for nothing in this site..useless they are very clever if u see the site... only few familiar names win the actions( set up by doobids) most of the time..in that no product go beyond 2 or maximum 5 pounds the day i bid it gone to 20 pounds at last i have to loose all my bids for nothing bull$#*! i strongly suggest not to waste money on this site

I have lost over £1000 on doobids, some auctions are won at a few pence, but every single auction I bid on went very high and ended me losing hundreds of bids. It is true that the same bidders win the auctions, I have been watching and think they have robots hiking up your bid, only when you have used all your bids do you win something of much less value than you have spent, which encourages you to buy more bids. Total scam, dont waste your time or money!!

By C w.
Questions? Get answers from the Doobids.co.uk staff and other customers.

Doobids.co.uk?