DiscountSLR

DiscountSLR has a consumer rating of 1 star from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. DiscountSLR also ranks 96th among Camera sites. The most common issues with DiscountSLR are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate DiscountSLR?

“Awful. Avoid at all Costs”

Joanne W.
6/2/20

Was bought a camera lens package as a birthday present. Was not compatible with my camera. Ask to return for refund and they rudely replied they don't accept refunds once the packaging box has been opened - even tho I hadn't opened any of the individual items inside the box. To try and recoup some money I tried to sell the whole package and it turned out it was missing lenses and filters which my husband had paid for. Have contacted them again with no response. Looking on trust pilot I'd say I will never get the lenses and filters or any money back. A seriously dodgy company. Avoid at all costs!

joannew439
June 2nd, 2020
raphaeld22
August 31st, 2020
They promised to refund import duties (which can be rather large) but just keep stringing me along. It's been two months and they have no intention of honouring their promise. I would avoid them.
jeffs761
August 14th, 2019
Ordered a canon BG-E20 Battery grip over 3 weeks ago from Discount SLR its a so called UK based company working from the states, guess what my item arrived today and its the wrong item (a cheaper version from another brand, phoned customer service, guess what? Ring them back later after 2pm UK time when so one will be able to assist
katyjanes
February 6th, 2019
I bought a GoPro as an early Christmas present for my husband to use on holiday, it was faulty so I informed them whilst we were away and when we arrived back from our trip (and eventually received a returns label) we posted it back. All the way to America, despite the company using a UK number and website address.
A few weeks later I received another GoPro, this too was faulty and wouldn't work for more than 10 minutes without saying "card error". On initial receipt of this return I was told I could have a refund, minutes later I was told the order is now "too old" and they cannot refund or replace, just repair! They also claimed the item isn't faulty!
The thing is, after receiving two faulty items, I don't wish to receive yet another broken product so just want my money back! I never received a working GoPro and don't understand how they can say the order is "too old". It has only taken a while because of posting/constant back and forth emailing etc etc. I still havn't received anything from them for my money and I'm awaiting resolution. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL.
margog16
December 3rd, 2018
Only sent half a order Ordered camera and kit, when arrived half missing. Then mess u about cannot get sensible responce. Stay well clear.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the DiscountSLR staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DiscountSLR?

Have a question about DiscountSLR?