Review of Dennys

Tel: +1-800-663-4669
sdunn@dennys.com

adriennes15
10/14/17

Recently ordered breakfast from them to take home and eat because I'm really not feeling well and trying to avoid interacting with a few people as possible so as to not spread it. Anyway, got the food delivered by Grubhub, which I will never do again, and it was missing the hot chocolate ordered for my little girl as well as the cream for my coffee, that I specifically ordered. I also ordered two sides of bacon and it came with one side of half cooked bacon and one side of half cooked sausage. The eggs were seriously over cooked and cold. The hashbrowns were undercooked and cold. My daughter got the pancakes, and she is an avid lover of pancakes, and they were disgusting, she said. The only edible parts of the meal were the buttermilk biscuits and the orange juice. When I complained through Grubhub, they had the gall to try and charge me for the additional items I did not receive, even though they weren't planning on bringing them out. I told them I'm not only not going to pay for something I already paid for, but I'm also not going to pay for items you have no plans on bringing out to me. They claimed the restaurant offered to refund me for the meal, but I have yet to see a single dime returned. I'm not typically one to complain about certain things, but this was the worst service I've ever received from not only Grubhub, but Denny's also. I used to really enjoy eating Denny's food, but I can't stomach it now if this is the crap they send out to people who do not dine inside the restaurant. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Will never eat there again.

charmaines7
8/17/17

We took a chance and went to breakfast at a Dennys in Norton shores Michigan ,and was very pleased with this location, fast very friendly service, the food was hot and prepared the way we ordered it.

judyw61
7/29/17

Denny's is going down the drain with their service and quality of food. We stopped twice at the Denny's in Beatty, Nv on our way to and from our visit with my brother. On our first stop, the food and service there was awful. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our food. It would have been ok if they were busy but we were about the only ones there. We shouldn't have bothered with them the second time but we tend to give second chances. Anyway, we stopped again on the way home and again had to wait a long time. On top of that, they didn't have the Thursday's soup that was listed on the menu. Claimed it was too early. This was around lunch time. My husband asked for sourdough bread. About ten minutes later the waitress comes out and says, "We are out of sourdough". We will definitely look for a new restaurant when we travel through Beatty, Nv.
I have eaten at Denny's in 5 states but this was the pits.

nancyc183
7/14/17

The don't deliver at all . when you attempt to place an order online it doesn't even work . I tryed 3 times online and after attempting to place my order it says " click here to place order" and when I did all 3 times it just attempted to load . I Finally got upset and I called the restaraunt I attempted to order from and was told that Denny does not deliver that I have to call a 3rd party delivery service like " grub hub and have it delivered through them. If that's the case the commercial on tv are not honost to the public it seems like you will be paying for two services food and delivery .they don't tell you on there commercials. So isn't that false advertising. I know I will NEVER order from dennys.com ever again

lorrainew3
4/7/15

For many years I went to Denny's restaurant. Probably for about 20 years. I remember back in the 80's it was nice. About 3 years ago Denny's added some new dishes to the menu. One of my favorites was the new sirloin steak with the broiled zucchini and a fresh garden salad. The steak was just the right size about 4 to 5 oz. Because I like little portions of meat this seemed perfect.

I went to Denny's very often after they put this on the menu because I enjoyed it so much. Then after about 3 or 4 trips I noticed that they could never get the steak cooked right. I also notices that during one visit that the waitress brought me out something that looked like a car ran over it and it had grizzle all through the meat. I asked to speak to a manger and when she came over I explained to her that the steak was not a piece of nice sirloin. I told her that they always are a nice round small tender steak. I then told her I was not going to eat that and would up just eating the salad and leaving.

A few weeks later I tried again. I ordered the same thing again. The waitress was so rude and the manager was no better after I explained to them that the last time I was there I left hungry after waiting over 1 1/2 hours for them to try and get the order right. Then they gave me a courtesy by not charging me for the meal I ordered that night. I thought this was what they should have done on the night I was treated so bad and left hungry.

I then went to a different location and ordered the same meal again. There they had the same issue the steak could not be cooked as I requested. There was one employee there that cared enough to make sure that they fixed the problem and I had a good dinner.

I then went back a few weeks again to the first location and ordered again the same meal. Steak, zucchini and salad. I was told by the waitress they had no cucumber for the salad. I told her that I love cucumbers. She never tried to find a way to get one for the salad. I then told her I would go to the store and get a cucumber if she would put it in my salad. I left and went to Giant and bought a cucumber. They took the cucumber and never even offered to pay me back for going and getting it. I found myself thinking what kind of a restaurant sells salads but does not have what they need to make them. The customer service is lousy.

I was so tired of going there and getting terrible food, plus terrible service that I decided to stay away from there for quite some time. Probably for about 5 months. This year as Ash Wednesday came near. I decided to go to the Denny's on Belair Rd. I wanted to eat a steak before lent started, I was giving it up all meat until after Easter. I thought I would treat myself to a nice sirloin steak dinner if I could get one.

I went the evening before Ash Wednesday with 2 friends of mine and ordered the sirloin steak, zucchini and a salad. The waitress was very nice. My two friends also order the same steak. My girlfriend also got a salad, her boyfriend got mashed potatoes as there sides. When they brought out the steak the waitress told me that they had no A1 sauce for they steak. The manager went to the store and brought it back about 45 minutes later after I was almost done my dinner. We left the restaurant and went home. The next day about 11am I was sitting in my room and started to feel a lot of pain in my stomach. There was stabbing abdominal pains. These pains got worse as the time went on. Then I started to feel nausea coming on. My mouth was water and eventually I was vomiting very bad. Then after I threw up for about 5 minutes I felt some relief. Then after about 45 minutes it started all over again. I was vomiting very bad. I decided in between getting sick to try and make it to a 7 11 store to get a cola slurpee. Because there slurpee has coca cola syrup which is very concentrated and may help with the nausea. I was sipping on a large slurpee all day. The second day of throwing up I went and got another cola slurpee to try and settle my stomach down. Then I started to get major bathroom issues. I think you may now know I mean. I was throwing up and on the toilet at the same time I was so sick that I was afraid to try and drive to the hospital but wanted to go very bad. The third day the nausea began to slow down. The fourth day I took and over the counter medicine to stop the bathroom problem. During this 4 days of hell I had body aches and a fever also. I was so sick I could not get out of bed.

After a few weeks after this I called the owner of the Denny's. I told an employee what happened. She told me she would have the owner call back. I left my number for a call back. I finally received a call after 10 days or so. The gentlemen told me he was the owner and asked what happened. I told him everything in this review. He said that he checked out his store and it was very tidy. I told him I don't care how tidy it is that I got sick as a dog. I also told him that if I was not so sick I would have went to the emergency room to be checked for food poisoning. I also advised him that I have had food poisoning before and now what it feels like. He then said he was sorry and did not want to lose me as a customer.

He offered me free food voucher by mail to use if I wanted to come back. I told him to keep his vouchers that as sure as God made green apples I would never step foot in that establishment again. I asked him if you got sick eating somewhere would you go back? I thought he may offer to give me the money back that I spent to be ill for 4 days I guess that would be too much like right. I was very offended with his lack of concern for how sick I was. I told him he was very lucky I did not go to the hospital. I hope that this review will help Denny's clean up their act. I also hope that no one ever gets that sick again. Denny's in my opinion needs to put up a sign saying. "Enter Denny's at your own risk"

Questions? Get answers from the Dennys staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Dennys