Delcampe

Delcampe has a consumer rating of 1.61 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Delcampe ranks 35th among Coins sites.

How would you rate Delcampe?

“Much satisfied for more than 7 years!”

Franck K.
2/5/21

I am mostly a buyer, collecting stamps. I bought more than 3,000 stamps there and except one time, I have been very satisfied. Courteous sellers, real collectors and a good customer service from the platform.

“Wish I could give minus 5 stars”

Eric W.
9/3/20

Terrible customer service. Bought 2 stamps. Was told delivery might be delayed for about 6-8 weeks by seller. That was over 15 weeks ago. Before I even made a complaint or even asked for refund got message it was all my fault for not using registered mail. First excuse, item going by ship. Second, longer delays than expected. Third, told I was at fault for not getting registered mail. Made seven other orders different sellers, from on Ebay and elsewhere (not Delcampe) in Europe and England all placed later, and all arrived. None took more than four weeks. Still waiting for this order. Delcampe immediately sided with seller, despite all evidence pointing to fact item never sent. Never even got receipt for mailing to prove it was mailed, which says something about how he runs business. When asked for listing of outstanding orders was sent just list of sellers no item numbers or any way to identify specific orders. Use this place at your own risk and be careful of seller "bcd2234" in England.

ericw866
September 3rd, 2020

ivans302
October 12th, 2020

They let sellers to sell fakes even u notify them, ppl who doesnt send you goods can continue selling, while when u get angry, they simply close your account. Its awful, specially Miranda, women in advanced age. They should behave as professionals, not being butthurt.

andrewr932
November 29th, 2020

I have had good experiences with Delcampe sellers over the years but recently had a bad experience with a seller, I paid for an item but never received it, seller( Rocha83) provided a tracking number, but item never left France, seller claims to have started a claim with French Post, to date he has provided no evidence of such a claim or updates, in fact I sent two messages seeking an update with no response from him. At this point 3 months has gone by and I cannot even leave negative feedback for the transaction.
Delcampes response is to file a criminal complaint, they offer no other help.
As a result I am done buying on Delcampe, Ebay all the way for me.

billt168
August 3rd, 2018

I have had nothing but good experiences with this site and its sellers. It is very much worth joining if you are looking for a second source to purchase from.

peterp490
January 16th, 2020

I putted my mail into seller comment and my account was automatically blocked. I ordered item, I payed and item not delivered - seller continue with selling the same item. Incorrect attitude.

franckk5
February 5th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Check seller's feedbacks !

Products used:
Stamps and postcards

charless74
October 13th, 2014

The first review is complete and utter rubbish!

Delcampe is a seller site similar in some respects to eBay but not as tightly regulated. For example a seller dictates which payment methods are acceptable - so if you do not want cash or Paypal or whatever you can indicate what is acceptable or not.

It is a far friendlier community than eBay and does not have the same level of fee gouging that eBay has. If you are a buyer or seller of collectible items such as stamps, coins, banknotes and the like you will find a huge choice. As with all internet buying one does need to use common sense and check things like a sellers terms and conditions, acceptable payment methods etc. BEFORE committing to buying not afterwards.

josem234
January 6th, 2018

Zero buyer's protection.
Sellers charge whatever they want.
You are not allowed to talk about your problems on the forums.
Ridiculous high fees for sellers for very low traffic.
HORRIBLE SITE

alank149
June 3rd, 2019

I have been using Delcampe for years to buy postal history. This last few days I have wasted hours trying to view my requirements. What a waste of time. I will stay away until the old system of viewing is restored.

colinp52
January 20th, 2019

I've been using Delcame for years. Today each time I try to open delcampe it will only do so for one country eg US or UK. Try as I might I cannot get Europe and Australia and US and GB all at once. So today I will not bebuying. Goodbye!

Tip for consumers:
don't waste your time

Products used:
none

jimr167
December 12th, 2017

Delcampe's problem resolution is worthless. All they do is seller an email. The process takes weeks. When the seller does not answer and you ask, all they say is to give a negative review. However, they only allow you to review a seller for 60 days. By the time they slowly respond you are beyond 60 days. The sellers probably know this, so the seller ratings are worthless.

paulos30
June 5th, 2018

Every year when I pay for the renewal of the club, I am always penalized with 10 euros. I can not understand, they say I have to mention who pays, and what I do, they do not understand that the addressee is them, not I, I am the payer. I've made several complaints, and they continue with the same story.

But the funniest and the other payments I make are well, these do not renew. Curious, is not it?

In the part of the terms and conditions they say the first time they warn the sellers and they do not cover anything, perfect, but soon on my first payment, they made me pay 5 euros. Quite curious.

In the last questionnaire they sent me, I still said that I was satisfied, but I'm already worried that I did.

jc241
September 14th, 2016

I purchased an item from this site in which the merchant didn't send me the merchandise. I contacted the merchant numerous times and got no response. I then turned it over to Delcampe who said they tried to contact the merchant but they either didn't make an attempt or have any success and never heard from Delcampe's customer service dept. again. I have closed my account with Delcampe and filed a complaint with the BBB. If they stiff you for a big purchase, contact the FBI fraud department and file a complaint with them since it seems that Delcampe knowingly allows this type of behavior.

johng281
January 22nd, 2016

I purchased stamps, tried to pay using PayPal or credit card. Attempts failed. Cannot find way to contact them. They cancelled my account! TERRIBLE customer service.
John Glass
*******@verizon.net

johnp515
March 27th, 2017

There are crooks who sell goods which he has not,
And you do not get your money back, there is no help from Delcampe,
Pas particularly on a crook from spain, manuel bernal moreno from Ceuta

johnz39
September 6th, 2017

Delcampe used to be a great site to buy and sell stamps and postcards especially.

Then they chose to redo the site about a year or more ago without it functioning properly and it still does not function as it should.

Then they raised their fess by over 40% and refused to allow any discussion on the forums.

They also let the subscriptions lapse without renewing them, and then tried to reset them up and bill for the so called renewal without asking if we still wanted to renew.

With all the changes to the site and the huge increase in fees, they should not arbitrarily be setting up the subscriptions automatically without contact with the members to see if they are wanted or not.

Delcampe has lost a lot of it's members due to all the changes and problems with the site and are out trying to garb cash from anyone they can and offering very little in return.

Seb needs to address these issues openly as the site has become a shell of it's former self.

I refuse to pay for a subscription I did not agree to and want the fee cancelled and my account closed.

I no longer want to deal with this business.

joeo7
May 28th, 2013

This site steals pictures and material on the web and add to their site for selling it. You do not get any response back on contact, you cannot contact the seller and so on. They have cheated to get 100% trustworthiness, but this site is fake or do not comply with international rules of using copyright materiale

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Delcampe staff and other customers.

Delcampe, the worldwide online auction website for collectors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delcampe?

Have a question about Delcampe?