DebtOrCC.org

DebtOrCC.org has a consumer rating of 3.1 stars from 29 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. DebtOrCC.org ranks 29th among Business Other sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I went through the course and only needed to chat with a counselor to finish the process.
How would you rate DebtOrCC.org?

“Simple fast and easy and cheap”

Anthony S.
1/22/20

Everything is pretty straight forward if you took the time to read the instructions and what you needed to do to complete the course. I can see why some people left bad reviews if they skipped through the course and didnt read anything. The counseling session may have been a little annoying but as long as you listed all your information correctly its a smooth process, this is my second time taking the course and both times were simple and quick

“Very redundant. Don't waste your money if you've already made your decision to file.”

Robert D.
5/14/20

Went through the first part of the course okay, but when I got to the "Chat" part of the course, they team you with some idiot that asks really redundant questions and takes 2 hours to complete. Definitely not worth the time or effort. Unfortunately, they make you endure this before they will issue the certificate. Had I know how time consuming and idiotic this was, I never would have used them. I recommend you look for other and avoid this company at all costs.

course (18)
anthonys823
January 22nd, 2020

robertd1442
May 14th, 2020

kennethl293
July 3rd, 2020

Finished the 1st course and then went to chat. These morons can't figure out how to read and ask the same question again and again. I mean really how can you fail to understand the simplicity of "I am broke and have NO none notta INCOME" but they ask over and over and never get to the end of the interview. I would not have given the even one star but the system requires input!

andreaa85
February 23rd, 2018

I went through the course and only needed to chat with a counselor to finish the process. Every time I try, it says they are not online. I began trying at 9 am EST and tried for two hours to chat online. I finally just called to speak with a counselor. After waiting on hold for an hour, I still haven't spoken to anyone.

tanyar225
October 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

The course was easy to use and understand. I did find it took a full 60 minutes although I already had all of my budget information available. At the very end you must chat with someone. It showed that I was first in the line but I waited 40 minutes. I kept checking and received a "we will be with you momentarily" but I gave up. After that, I logged back in and was then given a phone number to call instead of chat and immediately got someone on the phone. They will not give you any indication on how long the call might take. So I guess you just need to have 3 hours set aside, 1 hour, I don't know! Make sure you don't have a job you need to go to or kids to take care of while you are doing this.

kathryng132
February 3rd, 2020

The initial course went fast (about an hour) and was quite enlightening. At the end of the online portion, the last requirement is to chat with a live credit counselor. The course stated that the discussion should not take more than a half-hour. This didn't happen because the lag time it took for the credit counselor to respond was, at times, over five minutes. My time with the credit counselor ended up taking over an hour and a half to complete this portion of the course.
Update: After my original review was posted, a manager from debtorcc.org made contact with me to discuss the issues and my displeasure. I am impressed with this level of communication. She assured me that the lag time I experienced is an internal issue which they are addressing. I am impressed with this and am hopeful they can correct this issue so others do not have to go through such an experience. I have edited my review accordingly based on their level of customer care in response to my grievance.

Tip for consumers:
I think they could do better with the chat portion of the credit counseling. At one point I was asking the credit counselor a question and was never given a response. I felt the responses were somewhat "canned" and went over the same information covered in the online course.

Products used:
Bankruptcy Pre-filing course.

julieb1388
September 21st, 2020

I was very pleasantly surprised, as I had read a couple of reviews that said it was almost impossible to get through on the phone just to get your certificate and that the counselor spent an hour basically repeating everything in the course. I lucked out. I only held for 10-15 minutes, Kas was kind and didn't waste any time, and the certificate arrived by email in five minutes.

davep313
January 26th, 2020

This course was excellent. There are things I learned which I didn't know and it gave me a new perspective on my budget. I know it's a mandatory course but I would recommend to anyone that is considering filing bankruptcy. It's not timed so you can go through it at your own pace and the videos were very helpful.

hemac
May 17th, 2018

After reading all the reviews it seems to be similar complaints across the board and fairly recent comments. And because of that I am contemplating using this company. So I emailed them the concerns from these reviews and am waiting to hear back. I also don't understand how they have an A+ on the BBB website, and am wondering if some of the complaints have been reported on that site. Does anyone know how long they have been in business? There are a few things to look for when doing these types of courses.
Q: How long are they in the business? A: Needs to be at least 7 years.
They have to be a Non-profit organization.
Are they either NFCC or AICCCA approved?
Their fees cannot be over $50 - some ppl may qualify for a fee waiver.
When I asked these questions to DebtorsCC, they directed me to their terms which wasn't helpful. Thank God I didn't call!

sandin1
February 9th, 2016

I used them because I legally had to. I just started making money, was under employed for 2 years. I spend $100 a month on food, they told me to cut that back. I spend an average of $5 a month on clothes, they told me to cut that back. I keep my heat on 64 degrees to save on electric, again I was told to try to save more here. I don't have cable, a landline, or a new cell and have low grade internet, they told me to try to eliminate my excesses! Funny, this was an online class and they tell me to get rid of internet. Just thought their ideals were outdated and unrealistic. We all need internet and some kind of phone. I had a Lexus suv repo'd and I'm borrowing a car right now, they suggested I try to bargain and get my car back. Thought that was odd, since my income isn't at that level anymore.

fuchy
December 19th, 2019

A bunch of minimum wage, condescending imbeciles who's stupidity drags out an incredibly easy and simple process via chat or phone. These are people who failed to live up to McDonald's expectations.

joshl134
November 1st, 2019

This co is crap! They ask you at the end, after sitting through a couple hours of crap. Questions which you already answered! With no solution but to call them during business hrs. With no cert. Dont do business with this co!

davidl1945
January 23rd, 2020

DebtorCC's website is very user friendly with the lowest prices I could find on google for both courses. This is a huge plus because - like most of us taking these courses we have very limited amounts of money to spend during such a hard time. The process is pretty simple and takes about an hour or so at most. You sign up, take the course, do a chat or call with one of their counselors, and you're on your way.

Pro tip: Have a break a down of your debts and assets before starting the course. Luckily, my attorney was able to provide me with this information which made the course a breeze to complete.

jmw4
June 21st, 2019

Unfortunately, you have to "chat" with a representative before you can get your certificate and all they do is ask you the questions you already answered, give you the tips you already read in the earlier sections, and literally draw out asking you the questions so you can proceed. It took me well over an hour because "Calvin" asked me one question every 2 minutes. And basic questions like "are you enjoying the course?" Seriously, every answer was yes, no, thank you. A complete waste of time and it has the audacity to be the law. *Insert facepalm*

brandiw10
March 30th, 2017

Representative asked specific questions about my debt. When I gave specific answers, he had his manager Landes cut into the call and tell me that i would have to call back with my information. Landes did nothing to try to resolve the issues besides throw around the fact that he was the "manager". Landes being a manager should have just explained that they needed my total debt and not itemized debt as the representative was asking for. Very unprofessional.

vicb28
January 23rd, 2020

I actually searched around before signing up to take this course and I'm glad that I did. It was very easy to navigate and completed it rather quickly. I initially went with this course because of the price but it was well worth it. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to take the course.

amrishp3
January 28th, 2020

I took this course because my attorney told me it's required. I see why it is. It's informative and has all the right tools to get me back on track. Thank you Debtorcc for offering a helpful and a well needed course.

christopherm340
July 12th, 2018

The purpose or this is to help people look for an alternative to filing for bankruptcy,
They failed dramaticly! This is not a trustee and they have no idea who the trusty is that will be handling your case. I have been through this before and I still don't know who my trustee was. Whoever the manager was Has no right to my private information. I can give them any and all information that I choose to because they are not officers of the court! Now I have to wait for them to refund my money? Its a scheme and they should not have the. Gov name!

tomd600
September 3rd, 2020

Great website, really well thought out course, friendly service and they know what they're doing and they're really good at it. I would absolutely refer this course to anyone who is in finance trouble.

aaronb333
January 23rd, 2020

I took this course and I learned a lot. The website is also really easy to use. I'm glad that they gave me a lot of information. They also told me a lot about how to manage my money and what to do with debts. Happy they require this course.

ml207
February 23rd, 2018

I am on hold, and apparently so is someone else waiting for any response right now. Did the single employee call in sick today and forget to turn off the automated call receive system? Nobody home...

sophiat34
August 29th, 2020

The counselor I spoke with was the nicest person and gave me lots of good ways to fix my situation. Unfortunately bankruptcy is the only option that works for me but many of the things they said to me is useful.

janinem28
December 29th, 2017

This company is horrible! They lie and tell u what u want to hear then say they never said that. I had recorded lines with them telling me that there would be no problem the problem could be fixed then said they never said that. I'm now in a position that I may not be able to file bancrupcy because of their behavior.

juliep316
September 7th, 2020

My husband and I took it together and were able to finish it very fast. We found it to be very easy course.

tonyb171
August 14th, 2017

Its unfortunate that this organization employes a slew of incompetent individuals. Rude, unhelpful, and condescending reps that would rather talk about their personal feelings rather than do their job. Crooks. Do yourselves thrme favor and find another company

From what I saw on their website, they are open from 9am-12am EST monday through Friday and closed on weekends

By Anthony S.

Have you checked their business hours? They could have been closed

By Anthony S.

Over 7 years now from what i could dig up, also most of the complaints i see have been from people with misleading information or people who are simply not reading their website

By Anthony S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the DebtOrCC.org staff and other customers.

U.S. Trustee approved non-profit organization providing the pre-filing bankruptcy credit counseling course for bankruptcy filers. Receive your certificate immediately after completing the course.

jayb211
Jay B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DebtOrCC.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.1
Have a question about DebtOrCC.org?