Review of New York Courts

question@nycourts.gov

1 Review From Our Community

johnc32
10/29/14
There is no justice in the New York State Court System. Equality, Equality that is all you hear from politicians but not in the New York State Courts. Gov. Andrew Cuomo is in a television commercial on equality for women. I attended a Town Hall meeting with NY Attorney General Eric Schneidermann who was there for equality and civil rights, employment discrimination and neither one help me at all.
The N.Y. Court System in Suffolk County is corrupt and protects employees selectively. I worked as a N.Y.S. Court Officer for 26 years. I was disabled when my sergeant hit me disabling me exasperating previous injuries.
The Court System covered up and protected the sergeant. The State Agreement section 9.4 with my union states "assault to the employee" is "Line of Duty" but the Court System continues to deny me all benefits under the Agreement. The Union protected the sergeant even though the union's own attorney stated my injuries qualify for "Line of duty" benefits. The Union President said that he would file a grievance for me but he lied to let the time limitation's expire. The Court System intentionally denied, granted and then, then unjustly withdrew the LODI pay status.
The Court System granted LODI benefits to a Judges driver in Manhattan when the Court Officer was hit by a car while on a coffee break. The NY Comptrollers Office and the Appellant Division denied the Court Officer the disability pension because "he was not in service". The same Court System ended up withdrawing my LODI benefits which are very limited under the contract. There is no provision under the contract to grant "Line of Duty "benefits to a driver on a coffee break but the Court system granted him LODI pay because he was a Judge's driver.
I received a "Line of Duty" pension, which the injuries must be in the "Line of Duty" The Courts refusal to restore my LODI is because I had the nerve to fight for my rights after being recklessly assaulted and battered by this sergeant. I have been retired for over 30 months and the Court System refuses to pay my legally owed separation pay that every court employee receives when they retire, except me.
I have made complaint to every alleged "civil rights" agencies charged with enforcing the discrimination laws to no avail. I filed a discrimination case against the Court System and they failed to appear, call or e-mail the Judge a reason for the failure to appear. The notice we both received stated in bold letters "No Adjournment" will be given and each person must present their witness list to the Judge. I appeared at the hearing in Queens, N.Y. and handed in my witness list the Court system did not and after I requested it the Judge denied my request for a default judgment. The case would have been dismissed on first appearance if I failed to appear but the Courts are above the law in NY. The Judge adjourned the case and when the court system sent an attorney the Judge did not admonish the attorney, instead he dismissed my case.
The NY Court System will send the police to arrest a person who fails to appear the first time in court and will arrest jurors who do not respond to jury duty. I have overwhelming evidence of discrimination and retaliation but the case was dismissed. The N.Y. State Court system is above the law and is not held responsible for my serious injuries from the sergeant's hits. This is a partial list of adverse personnel actions that Court System has placed against me and no one helps, why? Political Correctness gone mad.

Questions? Get answers from the New York Courts staff and other customers.

New York Courts?