ConsultingCase101 reviews

archits4
1/22/19

Looking to share the 3 month account at consulting case 101. Shoot me an email at archit_30@yahoo.com if interested.

stevenb433
9/21/18

Do not sign up for this website. It is a scam. The quality of the product is very low and the people running the website don't appear to understand the product they are selling. It is a scam to pray on desperate people trying to prepare for their interview. There are many areas on the web where you can get free case interviews including consultants mind.

davep202
5/29/18

Very low-quality, unstructured and overpriced content. Most cases have very basic unprofessional answers or no answer at all. I've used my premium account a couple hours.
They collected free materials and numerical test samples from around the web, changed the title to disguise it as cases used by McKinsey, BCG, etc, and charge you overpriced membership for it.
They will refuse to refund your money in all possible way.

jc338
7/7/17

I have tried to cancel my account and they refused to do so. Looking at some of the other reviews, I see that I am not alone in having had a horrible experience with them.

nellys14
5/5/17

I found the free cases pretty good and it has all the cases sorted by company. Although I am not sure how reliable it is, and I'd love to hear some feedback from the people who used it to check the interview style of the company they are interviewing for.
I am also looking to share a 3month subscription account. If anyone is interested ping me at pranalipanjwani7@gmail.com

yuliat2
4/27/17

I claimed through paypal about low-quality and overpriced content. I've used my premium account a couple hours (I chose the cheapest option 126 $). Most of cases like "List of McKinsey Interview questions" are just lists with 1000's possible questions without any other information. Or in place of case you can find there an article about Manager day, or comment from glassdoor or another site converted into case with mistakes. I asked for refund.
I received a letter that my account is inactive and my payment denied. But they still haven't return me anything!
I am still in the process, they just sent to me a Thank you comment from their site to approve that it is good!

adonaie
9/19/15

I am a PhD student from a top program trying to switch into management consulting. I totally tanked my case interviews last year even though I managed to get into two second rounds (I attributed this more to luck than ability). It has been very encouraging to use consultingcase101 to prepare for case interviews this year. I already got an offer from Bain's Boston office and I will be meeting McKinsey for the final round on the 7th of next month. I really appreciate the great work they have done there!

aliciaj11
6/1/15

I'm a Ph.D. candidate in Chemical Engineering, I had an academic background that left me completely unprepared for the consulting case interview process (my undergrad major was chemistry!). In my first attempt to break into management consulting last year, I failed every one of my interviews with McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Monitor, Booz, LEK and probably a few others.

This year I decided to try a second time and a campus recruiter from McKinsey NYC office recommended the website consultingcase101.com to us to prep for McKinsey PST and case interviews. I promptly followed her advice and subscribed a 6-month membership. After I studied more than 300 different case examples on consultingcase101 website and practiced over 50+ real cases with classmates, friends, and former consultants, I nailed the McKinsey PST test and all case interivews this year. So far I received four full-time job offers: from McKinsey, BCG, Booz, and Deloitte, all with their NYC offices. I'll join McKinsey NYC after I defend my Ph.D. thesis later this summer. Definitely worth the money!

josepht46
4/3/15

I have seen quite a number of books and websites about case interviews and how to ace them. Consultingcase101.com clearly stands out as my favorite. This is a quality site with a lot of useful information to anyone interested in a career in management consulting and preparing for a case interview.

Consultingcase101 provides great insight and practical examples for everyone aiming at getting into management consulting. It takes a simple approach to solving the complexity of case interviews: divide all case questions into 20 different categories such as mergers and acquisitions, increase sales, reduce costs, improve bottom line, add capacity, growth, business competition, competitive response, market entry, market sizing, business turnaround, launching a new product, start a new business, industry analysis, operations strategy, pricing, valuation, private equity, investment, etc. Each case category is illustrated with numerous examples to show people how to solve certain type of cases. I'm not saying this is the only way to approach case interview preparation, but I find the consultingcase101 way very structured and extremely effective. When I felt I had enough theoretical knowledge, I used their "case partner" service and found several people at my school to practice case with. I must say the case practice helped improve my analytical and synthesizing skills so much that I feel like I can crack any kind of case now.

I'm pretty sure there is no better source on case interview preparation than this website. I really recommend it if you want to experience the real case interview situation.

nathant19
4/2/15

I am a business school admissions consultant. Even though I am not trying to join a management consulting firm, I found Consultingcase101 website to be a priceless resource in my MBA admission consulting practice for two reasons.

First, the website helps me understand the management consulting industry in: Why do companies need consulting firms? What kind of services do consulting firms offer? Why do consulting firms hire MBAs and APDs, and not others? Why do consulting firms use case interview to select job candidates.

Second, and more importantly, the website has a huge amount of case examples (more than 750 the last time I checked) for MBA candidates to improve their business skills. Many of the cases are from real projects consultants worked on in the past.

To fellow MBA candidates, whatever your industry focus or future career plans are, I recommend www.consultingcase101.com as a useful tool for you to gain a better understanding of business problem solving in general and management consulting in particular.

nancyr44
3/5/15

I bought a 1-year membership recently and I have been preparing for my job interviews using consultingcase101 website for 2 months now. Consulting Case 101 is undoutedly the best stand alone consulting job interview study guides in the market. Incredibly helpful way to prepare for case interviews! It clearly sets you up for success by providing you with unique tools to deal with each different types of cases. Also, the Consultingcase101 website offers fit and person experience interview questions from the actual consulting job interviews. I highly recommend this valuable resource for all MBAs, APDs, or undergrads that need to prepare for interviews with management or strategy consulting firms.

ritikam1
8/20/14

Please do not pay for this website. They are unethical and unprofessional. They collected FREE PST material from various sources and they are selling it!! They are probably going to get sued.

farooqs
12/26/12

One of my classmates recommended that I check out this website, and I immediately loved it. I purchased their 1-year membership package. Their member resources helped a lot in my preparation for consulting case interviews. In my opinion the Consulting Case 101 website is a great resource! In fact, maybe the best of its kind.

I think it is well worth the $119 membership fee. Why? Because I ended up getting multiple job offers and they pay extremely well in management consulting industry. Of course ultimately whether you get the job offer or not is going to depend on many factors like your background, your actual true interest in consulting, and your performance. But I can say from my personal experience that Consulting Case 101 would greatly improve your case interview skills, thus maximize your chance of receiving consulting job offers.

ruthl5
12/7/12

The consultingcase101.com does an excellent job of breaking down difficult consulting case interview questions in a simple manner that is easy for students to understand. The site's biggest strengths lie in its categorization of cases based on case type, industry, and consulting firm.

I used their resources to prep for McKinsey PST test and case interviews. Eventually I received 3 full-time job offers from three different management consulting firms. I will be joining one of McKinsey's European office in May

marys63
11/11/12

Website collected free numerical test samples from around the web, changed the title to disguise it as problem solving tests used by McKinsey, BCG, etc, and charge you $100 for it.

That is just wrong. They are not only pirating other people's stuff, they are committing fraud at the same time.

davidc35
3/7/11

The list of top management consulting firms on this blog is so far the best I have ever seen, very comprehensive! It should be useful for people who are looking for consulting jobs. Also, case interview questions & answers provided by this site are great resources for preparing consulting job interviews. Highly recommended!

The owner of the website is a con artist. scam website

By dave p.
Questions? Get answers from the ConsultingCase101 staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ConsultingCase101