Review of Collages.net

Collages.net reviews

kj196
12/27/16

You WILL be disappointed
I tried to cancel an order within hours of placing it, and they didn't cancel nor refund me. Their prints are way too over priced for the crap quality that they are. I only ordered 8 photos, and spent over 130 dollars. I should have just let the photos expire and take new engagement photos since it cost around the same. Order through your photographer. And if they go through this site, don't use that photographer or make sure they give you another option. I've never felt more robbed. Engagement pictures should be something someone wants to hang and show off. This company ruined them. I know the photographer took better photos than what this company half-ass produced on print.

rajat8
10/18/14

Unbelievable! I ordered 2 4x6 prints at $5.99 each

Neither of them were a full 4x6 and they were cut crooked!!!!
I will see how they respond to my email, ubt I find this shoddy workmanship utterly unacceptable!!

michaelf53
12/21/12

My experience is somewhat similar to Daria A.

We've ordered a photo-cover album for our customer from collages.net and it came in quickly, but not exactly as we expected it. The colors were off and everything was a bit darker (not as much as in Daria's case, but still), however there was this substantial blur to every page, especially visible on design elements such as fonts and ornaments, that were supposed to be 100% sharp at 300dpi. The print looked more like 50dpi, with visible color fringing.

To make long story short, their customer service first refused to acknowledge the problem, then they got very defensive; overall - rude and totally unhelpful (while we were pressed with time). We've asked them for contact to their CEO, which they provided. We wrote an email complaint to the CEO, and he replied actually scolding us for complaining on his 'first in industry' customer service. We followed trying to prove our point: their company at that time had an "F" rating at BBB, and the CEO replied to us with threats of a DEFAMATION LAWSUIT!

Eventually we sent the album back, and the CEO called us (left voicemail) - he offered us a reprint or refund, and sounded really nice, like almost a different person compared to his emails. I guess they did some homework on customer service in the meanwhile. Anyway, even though they became very nice to us, they could not guarantee that the reprint will be sharp and that the colors will be right. We asked for refund, and we've got it! That's how they earned 1 star.

We've finally went with another lab and got an album that looked almost exactly the same as from collages.net, except that it was sharp (300dpi) and colors were all good.

allens14
12/20/12

Collages.net is terrible, but it's one of the few that offer full turnkey service so I'm currently stuck with them ..until a competitor shows up with their game on. What do I not like about Collages.net? 1)horribly outdated software 2)inability to improve software 3)sneaky co-branding 4)absolutely no refunds, even when it's their fault 4)inability to turn off horrible royalty free music in default. 5)Their profits are always first, never the customer.

I am a professional photographer.

dariaa
6/12/12

I have a horrible experience with collage.net.
At first I got interested in a collage software they have, so I used it to create a Coffee Table Book. Once I received the printed book it became a huge disappointment!

The printing quality is just awful! there are no other words to describe it! All images are dark, colors are off and resolution is extremely low! I uploaded high rez and very sharp pictures, you can look at them on 50 inch screen and they're still very sharp, and in 10x10 album with 3-4 images on a page they look VERY low rez.
Here is an example of color issue - here is an example of picture I have on Flickr http://flic.kr/p/cbFCS1 - it's 72 dpi but still pretty sharp and the eyes are blue. On the print I got image is all pixilated and the eyes are brown.

When I complained to the customer service I got this email from Nicole Doran, Product Consultant:
"I wanted to further explain the product for your knowledge as well. Our Coffee Table Books are a press printed book and will print darker naturally since the paper is more saturated."
But this is what they have for the Coffee Table Book description on a website:
"Collages.net's Coffee Table Book collection features high quality materials, outstanding color, and fast turnaround time. These books can be ordered as individual books or as a companion book to a Collages.net Album."

sounds like a fraud to me.

Can't get replacement, no money back....

judithb3
12/21/11

The concept is a great one, however, as a consumer my experience was not great. Ordered in October and recently made contact to find out where my pictures were. No one contacted me, but a week later I received SOME of my order. Now I am being asked to contact the photographer directly for assistance. How hard can this be?

dustinm
7/21/09

Collages.net has always been an excellent resource for professional photographers to host their event and portrait images online. Over the years, Collages.net has maintained the flexibility to grow and adapt to it's customers needs. By always listening with an open ear, the customer service and product development teams at Collages.net have improved their products and services to photographers far beyond what other companies can offer. Collages.net is an excellent resource for either the solo photographer or large studios. Thanks, Collages.net!!!

ruthg1
7/21/09

Everything I need in one place. Print lab, books, albums, cards, event hosting all with links to a top notch customer service team, which I can reach via a chat program. I don't have to stop what I'm doing to pick up the phone. Oh and the products that come are excellent. Never been disappointed yet.

Questions? Get answers from the Collages.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Collages.net