Code.org

Code.org has a consumer rating of 4.42 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Code.org ranks 5th among Educational Games sites.

How would you rate Code.org?

“Great for the youngest coders and FREE”

Emily S.
4/5/21

Last year (19-20) we purchased a Code Combat subscription for my son. It was listed above his age and grade level (they recommend ages 9+/4th grade), but he has caught on to coding easily so I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, it was just too advanced for a kindergartner that is still learning how to read fluently. That's not the fault of the program, but I definitely caution others to try before you buy if your kiddos are below the recommended age. Anyway... now we had a coding subscription we couldn't use and the charter wouldn't cover a second- so code.org to the rescue. Code.org is absolutely free. They have coding lessons for ages 4+ that are amazingly intuitive to use, and they even have ones aimed at pre-readers- so your child can start coding before they can even read. I've heard complaints about the use for older kids, but for early elementary I think it's perfect. They also have Hour of Code which is a one-hour tutorial- there are 500+ to choose from in 45 different languages. And it's FREE.

emilys787
April 5th, 2021

reshmav
December 10th, 2015

So, THIS GAME THING DOESN'T WORK, IT WON'T SAVE ANYTHING THAT I DO. I'M NOT SATISFIED!

liamf49
February 18th, 2021

These puzzles on code.org are fun and challenging but most importantly educational. This website helps me learn how exactly coding works. Highly recommended because it is fun and educational!

traceys156
July 15th, 2019

This non-profit provides free resources to teachers and to casual coders. They started the Hour of Code, and now have literally hundreds of short tutorials and mini-games designed to get people interested in coding (which is much easier to learn these days). They also have a ton of online curriculum for teachers for all grades, from kindergarten all the way to a high school course, complete with lesson plans, online tools, videos, handouts, offline "unplugged" activities, assessments, progress tracking? And more. They also offer free and subsidized training for teachers that is really good.

This site is one of the best kept secrets on the web!

bradyh60
September 17th, 2020

This resource is good to learn code online. They have a number of different courses for different age groups. Students will find it easy to learn and trainee practically.

Questions? Get answers from the Code.org staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Code.org?

Have a question about Code.org?