ChangingThePresent

ChangingThePresent has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ChangingThePresent also ranks 17th among Philanthropy sites. The most common issues with ChangingThePresent are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate ChangingThePresent?

“My fiance and I wanted our guests to donate to charities...”

Priya S.
8/12/11

My fiance and I wanted our guests to donate to charities instead of giving us wedding presents. Changingthepresent.org popped up at the top of internet searches for a clearinghouse where we could donate to different charities. It all seemed legitimate but we should have dug deeper - we were just happy with the website layout and how appealing it seemed: our guests could choose to donate to "buy a goat" for Heifer International, etc. Unfortunately, a guest reported back to us that although her $50 donation had been deducted from her credit card, the charity she donated to had received only $5. Two other donations she'd made went completely missing. I immediately advised our guests to contact their credit cards to recall their donations. I tried to contact the website but the phone number listed - 212.972.2368 - was disconnected, and no one has responded to several emails sent by me and my donors. If the organization is no longer in service, the site should be removed. Instead, the site is still up and giving visitors the impression that we can donate to charities through them. My experience with the website has show that this is not the case.

priyas1
August 12th, 2011
My fiance and I wanted our guests to donate to charities instead of giving us wedding presents. Changingthepresent.org popped up at the top of internet searches for a clearinghouse where we could donate to different charities. It all seemed legitimate but we should have dug deeper - we were just happy with the website layout and how appealing it seemed: our guests could choose to donate to "buy a goat" for Heifer International, etc. Unfortunately, a guest reported back to us that although her $50 donation had been deducted from her credit card, the charity she donated to had received only $5. Two other donations she'd made went completely missing. I immediately advised our guests to contact their credit cards to recall their donations. I tried to contact the website but the phone number listed - *******368 - was disconnected, and no one has responded to several emails sent by me and my donors. If the organization is no longer in service, the site should be removed. Instead, the site is still up and giving visitors the impression that we can donate to charities through them. My experience with the website has show that this is not the case.
annal10
October 22nd, 2011
As a birthday gift for a friend, I made a "donation" through the site and purchased a gift card to be sent to my friend. The card was never received so I sent an email to changingthepresent.org. The email is only actually a comment form, there is no actual contact info listed. No response from them. I sent a total of 6 emails. No response. I called the number listed on my credit card, it's disconnected. I had to call my bank and have the charge removed and block any future charges.

I'm not sure what's going on with changing the present...I always heard good reviews before. But now I very much question if they're legit.

Beware.

Questions? Get answers from the ChangingThePresent staff and other customers.

Gifts that matter. A charitable donation in a friend?۪s is a great alternative to buying yet more ???stuff." Wishlists, registries, wedding registries, gift cards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ChangingThePresent?

Have a question about ChangingThePresent?