Caretaker

Caretaker has a consumer rating of 3.55 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Caretaker also ranks 24th among Jobs Other sites.

How would you rate Caretaker?

“6 STAR SERVICE”

Guinevere A.
3/10/17

Caretaker.org is a fantastic service worth the time, $, and daydream. In addition to nearly weekly updates, global outreach and access, and ease of use on multiple Internet & media platforms (Email, Fb, Twitter @housesitter), Gary gives the real deal: actual customer service. This is where I encourage anyone in the caretaking industry to start, wherever they are on the journey.

“Scam paper”

Tom J.
10/16/18

There are no real "Caretaker" jobs, just low or no pay jobs to live in and be a slave, often in a remote location with no way to get out if you don't like it. It should be called 'the Household Help Gazette' because most of the jobs are for household help/handymen. Misleading name on this rag.

jillj10
October 16th, 2018

Misleading name on this rag.
carmens21
March 10th, 2016
Yes Natalie, you are correct. Caretaker Gazette will NOT refund your money, not even a penny. I used to get the CG back in the 90s, and it was not a total scam back in those days. I actually wrote to a few people who responded back, and one guy was going to hire me but he wanted me to know how to drive a 5 speed, which I did not know how to do. I signed up by accident sometime 10 or 12 years ago and tried to get an immediate refund, and Mr. Dunn himself stated that they did not give refunds, but he would give me a free ad as compensation, which he did. I did not want that, I wanted my $30 back but oh well. I decided right then to never have anything else to do with such a scam organization.
guineverea
March 10th, 2017
Caretaker.org is a fantastic service worth the time, $, and daydream.

Tip for consumers: #caretaker #housesitter #caretaking

catherines31
April 21st, 2015
They have a tendency to write ghost reviews and also spam Craigslist ads. Do your research and see what other reviewers are saying and be very suspicious of reviews that seem a bit too rosy and canned. Praying on retirees is ugly.
natalieb
December 28th, 2009
This is a total scam. The website sells subscription to find housesitting jobs.
When you log in, all they have is superintendents jobs for apartments and to top it all of, they are very few and far between. I could get the same jobs through classified ads. They impression the give prior to signing, is housesitting and caretaking throughout the world. I tried to cancel my subscription within hours of signing up and they refuse to refund my money
lindaa110
March 21st, 2017
I'm so fortunate to have found Caretaker.org...My friend who's been a subscriber for years told me about it for i was looking for ways to travel/find care taking opportunities/housesitting, etc......and other options that would allow me to live in new places and have new rich experiences..One receives an online or paper mailed newsletter monthly of at least 15 pages, along with almost weekly updates of opportunities from around the globe.. The possibilities can be as varied as Ranches and Bnb's in the US, to Eco villages in Latin America or Hostel working in New Zealand...its always a surprise..I've even seen ads looking for well paid house staff at Villas in South of France, English Countryside.. etc. I've been a caretaker at a Villa in Tuscany, that i found through the site 2 years ago..The owners of the site are always available by phone or email.. to answer questions or with helpful advice..Its perfect for retirees looking to live and explore the world.. as well as young people traveling on a budget. I'm a very happy subscriber and look forward to many more years reading their newsletters.. thank you, Linda
aletah2
November 2nd, 2016
Gary is very personable, always willing to help. I would highly recommend caretaker.org for any discerning homeowner. I believe this is the best! caretaker.org service is unparalleled ... after placing my help-wanted ad on their site I received email applicants the next morning for my house and pet sitting opportunity. I thank Gary and The Caretaker Gazette for matching homeowners and pets with house and pet-sitters.

Aleta
garthj4
December 13th, 2017
This Review is to praise the work & Integrity of Gary C. Dunn! I have done business with the Gazette for more than a decade and I find the Gazette & management to be honest and professional in every way! I would highly recommend the Caretaker Gazette to any and all who have a need for his services!!!

Garth
jeffreyh72
May 7th, 2017
I have had amazing property caretaking and housitting adventures in 3 countries over more than 20 years. A key to my success has been Gary Dunn and his publication. My experience has been first rate and I consider Gary a friend and a fine fellow.
genea11
April 21st, 2017
Gary Dunn took time helping me write a great position wanted ad to run in his Gazette . Thanks to that I had several offers and I now have a wonderful house sitting position in Europe !
maryd8
February 9th, 2011
Caretaker Gazette is a very good way for people who need caretakers and people who have the skills to be caretakers, to contact each other. We have suscribed for over a year now and it has changed our lives. We sold our home, retired from our jobs and are now caretakers in a rural setting. We have a three bedroom house and utilities provided. We also have food and a small salary provided. As my husband says," We earn little, and need even less." We are free to take a vacation each year and plan to find someone who needs a housesitter for a month so we can vacation in a new place rent free. One service that is provided for subscribers is updates whenever a new opportunity comes up, or you can place an ad if you are looking for a position. We placed an ad and had many responses.
There are many different kinds of caretaking jobs out there. We found our perfect place on the second try, but that is the beauty of this; with more caretaking jobs opening all the time, and with constant updates, you can eventually find what is right for you.

No, only the publisher but he will NOT guarantee you get a job!

By Tom J.

No, it's not the real deal..no caretaking jobs, just house cleaning and yard work jobs

By Ben J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Caretaker staff and other customers.

WANT TO LIVE RENT-FREE - anywhere in the world? There are empty homes in every state and country, and property owners are looking for trustworthy people to live in them as property caretakers and housesitters! <i>The Caretaker Gazette</i> contains thes...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caretaker?

Have a question about Caretaker?