This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

CanadaStartups.org

CanadaStartups.org has a consumer rating of 4.77 stars from 43 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. CanadaStartups.org also ranks 37th among Business Loans sites.

• Shortly after we provided our up to date business plan and 3 yr financials to them.
  • Your platform and funding database were very useful to me and my partner in locating and securing funding.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CanadaStartups.org?

“Great Business Tools”

Marianne T.
3/20/19

Canada Startups was amazing to work with. They made the process very easy and had great, reliable tools that helped me start my own business. Not only did they provide me help in creating my own personal business plan, but they also sourced out government funding to help my business lift off. I am extremely grateful for all of their help and they continue to support me with any questions and queries that I have. Their support team has been wonderful and have always given me a response within a 24 hour period.

“I agree with the fellow that called them SCAMMERS”

Allan P.
6/27/20

I just wish I had visited this site before I invested $ 497.00 The initial call should have sent up red flags, the girl was really nice and said the guys here are amazing, she practically guaranteed me that I would get a no interest or low interest and even some that I would not have to give back the principle. Unfortunately, I still believe that people are honest. CANADA STARTUPS I BELIEVE IS NOT HONEST!!

business plan (13) funding database (4) business owner (5) government funding (3)
mariannet16
March 20th, 2019

paulan50
March 20th, 2019
If somebody asked me why I recommend Canada startups I would have to say the following three points

1. Level of support and dedication offered
2. Amount of information provided to help
3. The ease of use of the platform

Not only did Canada startups guide me but through the entire process I felt as if I had another person working for my business
charlies120
February 7th, 2019
Absolutely amazing customer service!
They are one of the good ones. I would definitely recommend Canada Startups. I have also used the Funding Portal and Grants Centre with terrible experiences so I am glad I found a working, functioning service to help my business. Hope my review you will help you make a better decision
waynem115
March 26th, 2018
Had a good experience with canadastartups.org and have no complaints. A number of people that I had interactions with helped me and answered my questions completely which left me convinced to register. After I did I was provided with their platform log in details and was able to use the tools they told me about. Am pretty satisfied with everything. If you are in business or thinking about a business the tools are great and their assistants actually seem to care which is good to get a bunch of questions answered.

I rate canadastartups.org 4/5 starts because I had some issues registering as my credit card kept getting declined. They kept telling me that my credit card is blacklisted which i didn't know what it meant but after providing them with a new card everything was fine. Still don't know what blacklist credit card is but thanks
coralinek
April 22nd, 2019
We used the platform to find funding from the government. Being from Ontario it's either go here or go there, when looking for funding. But it seems that nobody was able to help. After finding canadastartups and using the funding platform it seems that their experts actually guided us perfectly. Helped us find programs that we didnteven know existed. Our local mp said they don't exist - until we found the via canada startups. So sad that actual government doesn't care and that 3rd party providers have to step in to help. And thank god they do. Thank you canada startups
allanp59
June 27th, 2020
I just wish I had visited this site before I invested $ 497.00
that people are honest. CANADA STARTUPS I BELIEVE IS NOT HONEST!!
mirceaf
December 19th, 2019
This business is only intrested in your money, they will never provide you with actual real help. They will send you a copy and past PDF without dated links and claim they have done "work" for you. Even after I pointed out they have broken links in their "work" no response or apologies were made. After my Google review the threatened to close my account if I dodnt remove it or give them a positive review. They since emailed me saying my account is going to be closed. So now they took my money and refuse to continue helping me find funding. From my experience they are just scammers. I do not recommend them to anyone.
nancyc206
October 29th, 2017
The startup portal is a good tool for any individual getting into business. Great support from the staff, quick response time with all contact and very useful tools. Only negative is that the business owner has to do a lot of the work.
trindak
February 17th, 2019
Canad Startups was an great option for us to fingure out our financing needs and to secure funding via government. Throughout process, they provided us with such friendly support.
fernandc1
May 28th, 2019
I highly recommend Canada Startups. They were so helpful and were with me every step of the way with customer service being their number one focus.
haileyg4
February 18th, 2018
I had put all my own money into my business and needed a little more for some new equipment and other things. I found dealing with all of you very easy and and felt at ease the whole time. If I had any questions or concerns all I had to do was call and I would have the answers I needed.
I would and have recommended you to other people that I know . It is good to know there is places out there when you need a little extra help

sonjap9
March 7th, 2018
I contacted CanadaStartups.org to get a better understanding of what's needed to start a business of my own. I had lot of experience in the field I wanted to be in but I was nervous of getting down to actually leaving my job and starting on my own. Spoke to Elizabeth Parker who guided me every step of the way and explained everything in so much details; it's so great to have people like that. Thank you Elizabeth. I will be sure to contact you again to share my success with you as you are now a part of it.
samanthah102
February 20th, 2018
your platform was very helpful and easy to follow. I did my business plan and had your guys help me out with editing it and making it better. In terms of value for the money i spent on registering you've by far exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much for helping me get my business going.
jayp113
January 6th, 2018
The startup platform is a very helpful tool for any small business owners starting up or expanding their business. With all of the tools and resources you guys provide, your platform is one of the best to help with the actual startup process and with the business plan. Additionally the funding database helped me locate a few programs offered by the government that I didn't even know existed.
pennyj19
January 1st, 2019
CanadaStartups.org offers good service to those starting out in business. Very detailed guidelines for helpging one startup, to build a business plan from scratch and to locate government grants
kerrya38
June 19th, 2018
I am so glad I came to you guys before starting up as after going through the startup guide and the timeline I had no idea what I was in for. With your help and guidance I am more ready to be a business owner but still need more help. Glad you are on my team to stop me before I got in too deep and spent 25k on a dumb business idea. I will do this right and slow. Thank you
pavelk28
April 11th, 2018
I was starting my business and needed somebody to help me get it all set up, to do a business plan and to get a loan. The bank gave me a run around like no tomorrow and after so much paperwork and so many meetings they just delayed and delayed. I was told to go to CanadaStartups.org to talk to them about government funding and about their service. Best phone call I ever made. All my questions got answered, i got the help i wanted and they guided me through it all. I was also able to find a government program which provided me with funding so we are happy. Thank you
brentk41
January 28th, 2019
We needed to raise $150k to be able to launch our operation and we turned to canada startups to help as we saw the funding database being discussed at a recent small business event. After registering we were asked a number of questions where the funding experts got to know our needs better. Shortly after we provided our up to date business plan and 3 yr financials to them. Upon review we were provided access to multiple government programs that offered funding for trainig, hiring and for our development needs. After 3 months we got the funding right from the government agency that we needed. Our business has been launched for a few months now and we are doing great. A lot of the success in our launch is owed to canada startups and the funding team who managed to hook us up with the source.
tristanp5
January 23rd, 2018
Hi my name is Tristan.
I registered with CanadaStartups.org after being a subscriber on their e-mail list for about 6 months. One of the reasons why I registered is because they e-mail you pretty much every single day with tips and advice on government funding, starting a business, writing a business plan and often promote their Small Business Startup Portal. I got on the e-mail list by requesting information about the entire funding process. And viola, 6 months later I registered. Initially I didn't want to because they charged $297 to access their Portal. But soon after I started to realize that similar people are charging $500 to $1000 for far less help.

Once I registered I was greeted by multiple people, David, Justin, Vanessa, Peter, Elizabeth - all great people from what I could tell.

Every single person answered my questions and ensured that i got the help I needed.

Unlike most online places, these guy's don't leave you along to muck about, but instead constantly offer help, assistance, guidance...try this, try that, did you try this or that...we can help here, we can help there.

I paid $297 and WOW! I honestly was expecting to get a username and password and be disappointed. But far from it.

Thank you team for believing in me and supporting me along the way. i have finally launched my business with your help. I would have not been able to do it myself AT ALL
hootf
May 2nd, 2019
The platform offered by Canada Startups is very easy to use and helped us get a better understanding of what it takes to start a business. It helped us with our business plan and through the funding search.
michaelm1883
November 30th, 2018
With a lot of support abd guidance we were able to get our website up and running and selling on shopify and amazon. The plan was to get guidance up to the launch phase but with the help and the tools we were able to take ot much further and get help to this date and with funding as well. A very unique experience with these guys and one that's recommended to startups.
brookeg52
January 28th, 2019
Thanks for your introduction to Doug @ venture capital. We got the funds we needed to get out platform launched.
selinal10
May 3rd, 2019
Good and easy to use platform to get a business started, and to build a business plan and to get all funding info. Very helpful for new business owners who know very little on getting started.
lindap485
December 21st, 2018
This is one of those tools and services that if you are into your business you dont want to give up and just going ans going and going. We got funded 3 times through a different funding program each time all with their help. Step 1, do a business plan. Step 2, get them to review it and Step 3, apply for everything!!!
helseyn
February 10th, 2019
Got help from canada startups to find and apply for funding. Was approved for funding for my business.

Google "Grant's Canada" for many options. A lot of other companies and websites offer loans or grants and help finding these.

By Mircea F.

Not sure what you mean by scam or legit? But I registered, accessed their tools, got help from them and made my business plan with their help. They supported me, guided me and assisted me each step of the way. I suppose that's legit?

By Charlie S.

I used 2 different services before joining Canada Startups. One was from the Funding Portal and the other the Grants Centre. Both had terrible customer support, after I paid I had no luck getting any help or trying to find anyone to show me what to do. After I contacted Canada Startups, they answered, they replied and they had support 24/7 so I chose them because they were there and available.

By Charlie S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CanadaStartups.org staff and other customers.

CanadaStartups.org provides a step by step guide to starting a small business along with a number of small business tools and resources such as the Business Plan Builder Tool, the Funding Database and the Investor PitchDeck.

davidl347
David L.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CanadaStartups.org?

Have a question about CanadaStartups.org?